Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

Default Warm Air Units Uk

In message , gastec
writes

I fear that the tightened regulations regarding ventilation for open
flued natural draught appliances has really put a full stop on warm air
installation..2008 will really cause an uproar when the ventilation
requirements tighten further...i guess room sealed warm air would be
the way to go if you want to go that way...

seems like a lot of bother when wet systems really meets all the
current safety requirments...

Let me hazard a guess and say that its ALOT EASIER to fit a wet system
than a warm air system??

im not a fitter or engineer by the way! a wee bit higher up the
ranks

Aha, so that's why you keep on coming up with erroneous statements

I was wondering

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
gastec writes:

I fear that the tightened regulations regarding ventilation for open
flued natural draught appliances has really put a full stop on warm air
installation..

Why -- what on earth have they got to do with each other?

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
In article ,
gastec writes:

I fear that the tightened regulations regarding ventilation for open
flued natural draught appliances has really put a full stop on warm air
installation..

Why -- what on earth have they got to do with each other?

He's a middle manager - logical thought doesn't seem to come easily to
him

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 20:20:09 +0000, gastec
wrote:

I fear that the tightened regulations regarding ventilation for open
flued natural draught appliances has really put a full stop on warm air
installation..2008 will really cause an uproar when the ventilation
requirements tighten further...i guess room sealed warm air would be
the way to go if you want to go that way...

seems like a lot of bother when wet systems really meets all the
current safety requirments...

Let me hazard a guess and say that its ALOT EASIER to fit a wet system
than a warm air system??

im not a fitter or engineer by the way! a wee bit higher up the
ranks

So you must be Roger Carr and I claim my £5.

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
In article ,
gastec writes:

I fear that the tightened regulations regarding ventilation for open
flued natural draught appliances has really put a full stop on warm air
installation..

Why -- what on earth have they got to do with each other?

He's a middle manager - logical thought doesn't seem to come easily to
him

Maxie, it is clear he is a nut who hasn't a clue. Oh no! Not another one on
this this group.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John

"gastec" wrote in message

SNIP

im not a fitter or engineer by the way! a wee bit higher up the
ranks

But only a couple of days ago you said you serviced/repaired ten systems a
day. Please try to stick to the same story!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"John" wrote in message

"gastec" wrote in message

SNIP

im not a fitter or engineer by the way! a wee bit higher up the
ranks

But only a couple of days ago you said you serviced/repaired ten systems a
day. Please try to stick to the same story!

This is good, a who done it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 00:21:15 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
In article ,
gastec writes:

I fear that the tightened regulations regarding ventilation for open
flued natural draught appliances has really put a full stop on warm air
installation..

Why -- what on earth have they got to do with each other?

He's a middle manager - logical thought doesn't seem to come easily to
him

Maxie, it is clear he is a nut who hasn't a clue. Oh no! Not another one on
this this group.

Coming from you that IS funny :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Matt" aka Lord Hall wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 00:21:15 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Andrew

Gabriel
writes
In article ,
gastec writes:

I fear that the tightened regulations regarding ventilation for open
flued natural draught appliances has really put a full stop on warm

air
installation..

Why -- what on earth have they got to do with each other?

He's a middle manager - logical thought doesn't seem to come easily to
him

Maxie, it is clear he is a nut who hasn't a clue. Oh no! Not another one

on
this this group.

Coming

Lord Hall, how is that cupboard full of multimasters doing? Do you polish
them every day?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , John
writes

"gastec" wrote in message

SNIP

im not a fitter or engineer by the way! a wee bit higher up the
ranks

But only a couple of days ago you said you serviced/repaired ten systems a
day. Please try to stick to the same story!

Well batted Mr Jessop

--
geoff

Member

Exclamation

[He's a middle manager - logical thought doesn't seem to come easily to
him

--
geoff[/quote]

Now there you go again trying to find out my job title...Lets just remind you all about RIDDOR..

I cant say any more on the job subject...However i hope you ALL follow the Gas Regs to the letter
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 21:52:20 +0000, gastec
wrote:

[He's a middle manager - logical thought doesn't seem to come easily to
him

--
geoff

Now there you go again trying to find out my job title...Lets just remind
you all about RIDDOR..

I cant say any more on the job subject...However i hope you ALL follow
the Gas Regs to the letter

Oooh how exciting, are you from the HSE?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , gastec
writes

[He's a middle manager - logical thought doesn't seem to come easily to
him

--
geoff

Now there you go again trying to find out my job title...

Really, no

But then, you seem to be a bit ambiguous on that point too

As john pointed out, you seem to have contradicted yourself

and from the start you seem to have been posting advice which just isn't
correct

You see, there are people here who do have a clue, you have yet to show
that you fall into this category

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , Matt
writes
wrote:

[He's a middle manager - logical thought doesn't seem to come easily to
him

--
geoff

Now there you go again trying to find out my job title...Lets just remind
you all about RIDDOR..

I cant say any more on the job subject...However i hope you ALL follow
the Gas Regs to the letter

Oooh how exciting, are you from the HSE?

What, with gastek@ as an email addy ?

plumbers assistant who spends his time nattering to drivel over a length
of 15 mil
--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Matt
writes
wrote:

[He's a middle manager - logical thought doesn't seem to come easily to
him

--
geoff

Now there you go again trying to find out my job title...Lets just

remind
you all about RIDDOR..

I cant say any more on the job subject...However i hope you ALL follow
the Gas Regs to the letter

Oooh how exciting, are you from the HSE?

What, with gastek@ as an email addy ?

plumbers assistant who spends his time nattering to drivel over a length
of 15 mil

Maxie he is doing a lot of talking to you I see.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John

wrote:

[He's a middle manager - logical thought doesn't seem to come easily to
him

--
geoff

Now there you go again trying to find out my job title...Lets just remind
you all about RIDDOR..

I cant say any more on the job subject...However i hope you ALL follow
the Gas Regs to the letter

Oooh how exciting, are you from the HSE?

Nah - he wouldn't be able to claim to service or repair ten systems a day

Member

Talking the plot has thickened

I usually do follow up work after job is complete....again i cant say much more ..

plug checks first !
remember to follow analyser proceedures
then the one you lot ususally get wrong. ventilation
remember the fsd checks or to the old lads like geoff ffd checks
flue flow tests and spillage

again geoff that a smoke test

and mr drivel remember that old puff tests, are no longer advisable

Last edited by gastec : November 26th 05 at 08:38 PM Reason: spelling
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"gastec" wrote in message

I usually do follow up work after job is complete....again i cant say
much more ..

plug checks first !
remember to follow analyser proceedures
then the one you lot ususally get wrong. ventilation
remember the fsd checks or to the old lads like geoff ffd checks
flue flow tests and spillage

again geoff that a smoke test

and mr drivel remember that old puff tests, are no longer advisable

Are you related to Richard Cranium and Rummy boy?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , gastec
writes

I usually do follow up work after job is complete....again i cant say
much more ..

plug checks first !
remember to follow analyser proceedures
then the one you lot ususally get wrong. ventilation
remember the fsd checks or to the old lads like geoff

Don't look at me - I'm not a fitter

I do think that you and Drivel should get married, you're perfect for
each other

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"raden" wrote in message
In message , gastec
writes

I usually do follow up work after job is complete....again i cant say
much more ..

plug checks first !
remember to follow analyser proceedures
then the one you lot ususally get wrong. ventilation
remember the fsd checks or to the old lads like geoff

Don't look at me - I'm not a fitter

I do think that you and Drivel should get married, you're perfect for
each other

Maxie, are you into the dating agency business now?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
says...

I usually do follow up work after job is complete....again i cant say
much more ..

He's a meter reader :-)

He can read?

Member

Smile

Theres no foolin you lot..

Im a meter reader from the Isle of Skye called Donald
Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , gastec
writes

Theres no foolin you lot..

Im a meter reader from the Isle of Skye called Donald

So, you're saying that they let you out on your own

I don't think so ...

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"raden" wrote in message
In message , gastec
writes

Theres no foolin you lot..

Im a meter reader from the Isle of Skye called Donald

So, you're saying that they let you out on your own

I don't think so ...

Maxie? Gas on the Isle of Skye?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 01:07:06 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"raden" wrote in message
In message , gastec
writes

Theres no foolin you lot..

Im a meter reader from the Isle of Skye called Donald

So, you're saying that they let you out on your own

I don't think so ...

Maxie? Gas on the Isle of Skye?

Maybe he got his islands mixed up, they have a piped LPG system on
Lewis (in the Stornoway area)

Member

Cool

So to sum up

Its true to say that Warm Air Units are finished in the UK.
Its also fairly accurate to say that its foolish to instal a system that is concidered OBSOLETE by the MAJORITY of qualified competent gas installers..

Wet systems by far outstrip the efficiency ratings of WAU and also are much safer

In the case of a house fire WAU tend to rapidly spread dangerous smoke/ fumes to all rooms

I could write a book of the safety issues regards WAU..
Anyway this topic is now dead and buried ..thanks for all your messages

THE END
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"gastec" wrote in message

So to sum up

Firstly, the summing up has to be done by someone with brains. Let's see...

Its true to say that Warm Air Units are finished in the UK.

Not at all. They are gaining popularity because the cooling, heat recovery
and fresh air element.

Its also fairly accurate to say that its foolish to instal a system
that is concidered OBSOLETE by the MAJORITY of qualified competent gas
installers..

No, obsolete by you, who is clearly lacking.

Wet systems by far outstrip the efficiency ratings of WAU

Not so. WAU is more efficient.

and also are much safer

This is a very stupid allegation.

In the case of a house fire WAU tend to rapidly spread dangerous smoke/
fumes to all rooms

Not so. A fire damper can be fitted, which closes in case of fire. It can
close the supply ducts and the extract is left open taking the smoke to
atmosphere.

I could write a book of the safety issues regards WAU..

You wouldn't get more than half a sentence.

Anyway this topic is now dead and buried ..thanks for all your
messages

Thank God for that, as you clearly haven't a clue.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 00:22:31 +0000, gastec
wrote:

I could write a book of the safety issues regards WAU..
Anyway this topic is now dead and buried ..thanks for all your
messages

So you just used the combined intellect of uk.d-i-y to research your
book on warm air unit safety? Despite the quality contributions I can
see it's going to be a pretty boring book and will never get into the
amazon top 100,000.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

wrote:

I could write a book of the safety issues regards WAU..
Anyway this topic is now dead and buried ..thanks for all your
messages

So you just used the combined intellect of uk.d-i-y to research your
book on warm air unit safety? Despite the quality contributions I can
see it's going to be a pretty boring book and will never get into the
amazon top 100,000.

It will be a case study for Freudian aficionados.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Owain" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
It will be a case study for Freudian aficionados.

There's certainly enough material in you for an entire conference.

I did do psychology, and recognise that you are no good at poetry.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:25:03 +0000, Owain
wrote:

Doctor Drivel wrote:
It will be a case study for Freudian aficionados.

There's certainly enough material in you for an entire conference.

I think you just might have lifted that line from Fawlty Towers :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Owain" wrote in message
Matt wrote:
Doctor Drivel wrote:
It will be a case study for Freudian aficionados.
There's certainly enough material in you for an entire conference.

I think you just might have lifted that line from Fawlty Towers :-)

nodnodnod

Owain

It is clear this man could never come out with anything original. Sad but
true.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Owain" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
I think you just might have lifted that line from Fawlty Towers :-)
nodnodnod

It is clear this man could never come out with anything original. Sad

but
true.

On the contrary; I have been published in The Times, PC Magazine, and
IIRC Wireless World; none of them noted for plagiarism (although I'm
still waiting for the cheque from PC Magazine ...).

I'm not surprise. You should pay them.

Therefore I must have come up with something original on at least three
occasions.

They need columns to fill.