tez

Default Ikea kitchen units too big for Wickes worktop

Hi

After much searching I have found a kitchen I like at IKEA - called
ADEL White.

I like the doors and base units but dont like the worktops.

I have found a worktop I like at Wickes - 'Smooth Black' (not the ones
that are super shiney and look like plastic- it has a compound on the
chipboard that makes the surface of the worktop very smooth and hard)

The problem is that the Ikea units are 60cm deep. Most other kitcen
makers do the units 57-58cm deep and the worktops 60cm deep to allow
some overhang. The Wickes worktop is 60cm deep so wont overhang the
Ikea units. Wickes in Bradford wont cut worktops with a greater
depth.

Does anyone know of the place in Leeds/Bradford which sells these
'smooth' worktops with a depth greater than 60cm or will cut them to a
depth greater than 60cm?

Thanks for any help

Seri

http://www.worktops.uk.com carry a large range of worktops from a lot
of suppliers. They also have links to all the suppliers websites so you
can order samples.

Duropal worktops come in a 670mm wide version
Axiom worktops come in a 665mm wide version
Prima worktops come in a 665mm wide version
Omega worktops come in a 665mm wide version
Resopal worktops come in a 665mm wide version
Radius worktops come in a 670mm wide version

All of these manufacturers are carried by the above website. I can't
give any idea about their price compared to others though I'm afraid,
but maybe find a worktop you like from the list above then contact the
manufacturers for a local supplier (the manufacturers websites are all
linked from the above site).
Lastly, all the ones quoted above are for laminate worktops.
Hope this helps

Seri

Tim Mitchell

In article , tez
writes
[...]

Have you tried Arnold Laver, they do that sort of thing
--
Tim Mitchell
Another Dave

tez wrote:
Hi

After much searching I have found a kitchen I like at IKEA - called
ADEL White.
The problem is that the Ikea units are 60cm deep. Most other kitcen
makers do the units 57-58cm deep and the worktops 60cm deep to allow
some overhang. The Wickes worktop is 60cm deep so wont overhang the
Ikea units. Wickes in Bradford wont cut worktops with a greater
depth.

Probably not posh enough but MFI worktops are 616mm deep. Some are quite
expensive and high quality.

Another Dave.

--
Change nospam to webtribe in e-mail address