Mara

Default Gypframe false ceiling

Hi
We are thinking about using the GypLiner system with acoustic wool and
soundbloc boards to create a false ceiling in our flat, both to cover
pipework and new electrics and to provide sound insulation.
(http://www.british-gypsum.com/pdf/wb_glyner%20uni%20(ceil)_07_05.pdf)
Problem is, whilst the stuff looks pretty easy to put up, the manufacturers
are unwilling to say what would be a good distance between each of the
supporting lengths of track, and what would be a suitable distance between
each of the brackets used to hold up those lengths of track. Through
suppliers they gave us an estimate of the quantity of materials we would
need (which for some reason they wouldnt do with us directly), but they ask
us to check that the quantities they suggest would be suitable .....which we
cant do if we dont know distances between the supporting brackets and
lengths of track! They told us to ask our builder. Since we are 'our
builder' I thought I would ask you guys if you dont mind!

The existing ceiling is concrete, and according to their website we would
use the GL1 lining channel, GL2 brackets, GL8 track and GL11 Gypliner
Anchors.
We have decided against using wooden lengths to support the
plasterboard/soundboard since we need a clear space of at least 60mm, and
the wood is too difficult to put up by one person working alone!
Thanks in advance

Mara

False Ceiling United UK diy 15 October 13th 05 03:14 PM
false ceiling jamie UK diy 4 May 18th 05 12:57 AM
Modeling an air heater with a massy ceiling Nick Pine Home Repair 4 January 5th 05 01:03 PM
Extending electrical box on ceiling fixtures?? Ray Home Repair 3 November 23rd 03 01:50 AM
Advice on bathroom lighting in shallow false ceiling [email protected] UK diy 8 October 28th 03 05:54 PM