Default Washing Machine / Dishwasher Plumbing!

Two questions.

I have a 3 month old Indesit Washer Dryer and it has a 2 pipes and a Y
connector..as I've just moved I can't remember how this was connected
up....is it hot and cold water into the Y piece and then into the cold
connection on the WD or was it Y piece on the cold water feed and then
seperated out onto the hot and cold connections on the back of the
washer?

If I want to connect a dishwasher are these hot or cold water fed?
Also is there a gizmo I can use with the pipe that currently is used to
take the washing machine drain hose?

Regards

Jon

Lurch

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:39:27 GMT, Lobster
scrawled:

All machines will heat up their own water if provided with a cold feed
only;

Most, not all.
--
Stuart @ SJW Electrical

Please Reply to group
chris French

In message . com,
" writes
If I want to connect a dishwasher are these hot or cold water fed?

Cold water only normally.

Also is there a gizmo I can use with the pipe that currently is used to
take the washing machine drain hose?

gizmo to do what?
--
Chris French

I seem to recall the instructions saying that I should use the Y
piece....god I'm rubbish at remembering where the instructions went!!

Gizmo to allow me to fit the waste pipe from the washing machine and
the waste pipe from the dishwasher into the one waste pipe connection
that I have.

Lurch

On 11 Oct 2005 13:30:15 -0700, "
scrawled:

Gizmo to allow me to fit the waste pipe from the washing machine and
the waste pipe from the dishwasher into the one waste pipe connection
that I have.

No. You will have to alter the pipework to add in another stack for
the dishwasher.
--
Stuart @ SJW Electrical

Please Reply to group
chris French

In message , Lurch
writes
On 11 Oct 2005 13:30:15 -0700, "
scrawled:

Gizmo to allow me to fit the waste pipe from the washing machine and
the waste pipe from the dishwasher into the one waste pipe connection
that I have.

No. You will have to alter the pipework to add in another stack for
the dishwasher.

you can get adapters to enable the waste pipe from a dishwasher /washing
machine to be connected directly to the waste pipe, you could use one of
those I guess. As long as the waste pipe can take the flow from both
machines - just in case.

eg on this page:

http://www.marleyplumbinganddrainage....asp?product_c
ategory=sW_Uni_Comp

item code WTW4W
--
Chris French

Dave Liquorice

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 22:36:36 +0100, chris French wrote:

Gizmo to allow me to fit the waste pipe from the washing machine
and the waste pipe from the dishwasher into the one waste pipe
connection that I have.

No. You will have to alter the pipework to add in another stack for
the dishwasher.

Stack? I think you mean stand pipe, except that conjures up images of
street corners during water shortages...

you can get adapters to enable the waste pipe from a dishwasher
/washing machine to be connected directly to the waste pipe, you
could use one of those I guess.

Normally these are part of the trap and an air admittance valve on
both waste outlet pipes would be a good idea to stop the water in the
trap being sucked back into one or other of the machines.

As long as the waste pipe can take the flow from both machines -
just in case.

Yes, you don't want either machine pumping it's waste into the other
or, perhaps not so bad, up into the sink.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

How could one tell if the waste pipe could take the flow?

The property is rented so I'm not able to make permenant alterations to
the plumbing.