tmo

Default Asko Washing Machine using Metric?

Hi Everyone,
I just tried to hook up an Asko Washer/Dryer and am having a lot of
problems with the hose that connects the water to the washing machine.

First I tried to connect the hose that came with the washer, but it
didn't seem to want to fit on the faucet. After several attempts I was
finally able to screw it on but when i turned on the water it sprayed
out everywhere.

Eventually I decided to disconnect the hose that was connecting my old
washing machine (Maytag) and use that since I _knew_ it worked and
didn't leak. This time the hose connected to the faucet with no problem
and to the Washing machine with a little difficulty, but this time when
I turned on the water, it was leaking at the back of the washing
machine.

I'm wondering if this is a result of the Asko tube being on the metric
system and my faucet being in inches? I checked several websites and
couldn't find anything specs on the hose. I did find in the manual that
the hose is a "63" pex hose."

TIA,
tmo

Yepp

I had a similar problem with my Bosch. The American hose wouldn't hook up to
the Bosch. They provided hose that connected to there machine and my taps. I
didn't want to use it as I have no experience with there hose and would have
preferred to use the no burst braided hoses but its been 2 years and no
problem yet.

"tmo" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

tmo

Hi Yepp,
thanks for the reply. I took the hose to the hardware store and
discovered that the hose ends were threaded for plumbing threads
instead of the garden hose thread of the faucet (I had no idea there
was a difference). A garden-to-plumbing male-to-male connector and a
nipple was all it took.

washing machine move mike guitar UK diy 1 January 26th 05 10:38 PM
HW feed to washing machine? a UK diy 7 January 7th 05 11:32 PM
Zanussi FL1012 Washing Machine fault James UK diy 5 August 4th 04 01:45 PM
Box/Valve to prevent washing machine hose break and flooding? kevins_news2 Home Repair 19 April 27th 04 05:16 PM
walking washing machine Kerry Hoskin UK diy 10 February 29th 04 11:15 PM