Doctor Drivel

Default compression fittings..... pah!

"Dave Plowman (News)" through a haze of senile
flatulence wrote in message ...
In article ,
Lobster wrote:

Appalling senile missadvice. DO NOT use PTFE on the olive when using
copper pipe. Use a "smear" of jointing paste.

Why is PTFE wrong, but jointing paste is OK?

No point in asking

The senile one is still at it. Must be time for mash at the home by now.

snip drivel

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
You can easily change your name you know.

Yes, John. But most aren't ashamed of the one our parents gave us. Perhaps
you never had any?

--
*I pretend to work. - they pretend to pay me.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Appalling senile missadvice. DO NOT use PTFE on the olive when
using copper pipe. Use a "smear" of jointing paste.

Why is PTFE wrong, but jointing paste is OK?

Paste works its way into any imperfections where the fitting meets the
olive.

So presumably you think PTFE tape is some form of spring steel?

Ask your nurse to explain it to you over the cocoa.

--
*Stable Relationships Are For Horses. *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel wrote:

You can easily change your name you know.

Yes,

10/10 good observation. Now toddle off to play draughts at the clinic.

Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" through haze of senile
Doctor Drivel wrote:

Appalling senile missadvice. DO NOT use PTFE on the olive when
using copper pipe. Use a "smear" of jointing paste.

Why is PTFE wrong, but jointing paste is OK?

Paste works its way into any imperfections
where the fitting meets the olive.

So presumably you think PTFE tape is some form of spring steel?

what utter babble!!

snip more utter senile babble

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Why is PTFE wrong, but jointing paste is OK?

Paste works its way into any imperfections
where the fitting meets the olive.

So presumably you think PTFE tape is some form of spring steel?

what utter babble!!

Thanks for confirming you don't know - as usual.

Hint. Only a total ****** uses exclamation marks on news groups. Dunno
about two. Ask your nurse.

--
*My designated driver drove me to drink

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel wrote:
Why is PTFE wrong, but jointing paste is OK?

Paste works its way into any imperfections
where the fitting meets the olive.

So presumably you think PTFE tape is some form of spring steel?

what utter babble!!

Thanks for confirming

He doesn't stop does he. Thick as pig ****. This is what happens when the
mind get in such a way.

snip senile babble

Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)"
saying something like:

Me too. As an Agricultural mechanic, so working on compression fittings
on hydraulics etc for numerous years. It's not a new science for me,
just seems that the last batch of isolation valves I picked up seem to
have given no end of problems WRT leaking.

There's a load of cheap crap fittings on the market atm, and has been
for quite a while.

It's worthwhile paying just a little extra for good quality ones.
--

Dave
John Schmitt

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 16:49:46 +0100, Richard Conway wrote:

You can easily change your name you know.

So it would appear

Actually, you need to be a Certified Tosser (MICT) to do this.

John Schmitt

John Schmitt

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:12:40 +0100, Doctor Drivel
wrote:

Paste works its way into any imperfections where the fitting meets the
olive.

And causes all sorts of heartache to people who look after Gas
Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry kit. PTFE tape also often carries
silicones (why exactly this is needed on a non-stick material defeats me)
which also give ghost peaks. It is entirely possible to achieve a good
seal with compression fittings with no adjuncts. Even the best seals leak
to an extent. If you can beat the detection range of a sniffer detector it
is as good as it gets. The mass Spectrometer will still pick up air gases
N/O/H2O on a really well sealed system. The molecules actually migrate
against the flow. The septum is normally the major culprit. Do feel free
to come back when you have som understanding.

Jonh Schmitt

Doctor Drivel

"John Schmitt" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 16:49:46 +0100, Richard Conway wrote:

You can easily change your name you know.

So it would appear

Actually, you need to be a Certified Tosser (MICT) to do this.

When does your registration run out?

Doctor Drivel

wrote:

Paste works its way into any imperfections where the fitting meets the
olive.

And causes all sorts of heartache to people who look after Gas
Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry kit. PTFE tape also often carries
silicones (why exactly this is needed on a non-stick material defeats me)
which also give ghost peaks. It is entirely possible to achieve a good
seal with compression fittings with no adjuncts.

Indeed the makers say this and the better quality fittings and pipe can do
this. But vast experience if pipework has concluded that a smear of
jointing paste makes a good seal.

Even the best seals leak
to an extent. If you can beat the detection range of a sniffer detector it
is as good as it gets. The mass Spectrometer will still pick up air gases
N/O/H2O on a really well sealed system. The molecules actually migrate
against the flow. The septum is normally the major culprit. Do feel free
to come back when you have som understanding.

You have now joined the ranks of the uk.d-i-y lunatic gang, of Mat/Lord
Hall, Richard Cranium/Plowman, et al. Screaming out loud for no reason at
all in tube stations is the next phase for you. I hope God is with you for
your own sake.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article s.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
You have now joined the ranks of the uk.d-i-y lunatic gang, of Mat/Lord
Hall, Richard Cranium/Plowman, et al. Screaming out loud for no reason
at all in tube stations is the next phase for you. I hope God is with
you for your own sake.

Physician heal thyself.

--
*The modem is the message *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
John Schmitt

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:38:13 +0100, Doctor Drivel
wrote:

Actually, you need to be a Certified Tosser (MICT) to do this.

When does your registration run out?

They wouldnt have me because I use my real name. Further to the point, I
do not parrot manufacturer's literature. Many of the people on this group
have outlived previous turds in the swimming pool. Don't expect to be an
exception. Many of the group have taken an instant dislike to you because
it saves valuable time.

HTH, HAND

John Schmitt

John Schmitt

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:56:33 +0100, Doctor Drivel
wrote:

You have now joined the ranks of the uk.d-i-y lunatic gang, of Mat/Lord
Hall, Richard Cranium/Plowman, et al. Screaming out loud for no reason
at
all in tube stations is the next phase for you. I hope God is with you
for
your own sake.

I am the one posting under my own name. Go figure. Your credibility within
the group falls by the day. How about setting up your own newsgroup where
you can argue with yourself? I understand uk.stupid is yet to be
registered.

John Schmitt

Richard Conway

wrote:

Actually, you need to be a Certified Tosser (MICT) to do this.

When does your registration run out?

They wouldnt have me because I use my real name. Further to the point,
I do not parrot manufacturer's literature. Many of the people on this
group have outlived previous turds in the swimming pool. Don't expect
to be an exception. Many of the group have taken an instant dislike to
you because it saves valuable time.

HTH, HAND

John Schmitt

I think he's the most interesting troll I have ever come across - the
blind persistence that he actually knows something (anything), his
bizarre notion that everyone else uses at least 2 aliases and the
frequent bouts of poor poetry.

In fact, I'm inclined to think he is not really a person but is some
kind of bot? In fact, the more I think of it the more I'm sure. Good
try whoever programmed him, but he's failed this Turing test. I claim
my prize.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Richard Conway wrote:
I think he's the most interesting troll I have ever come across - the
blind persistence that he actually knows something (anything), his
bizarre notion that everyone else uses at least 2 aliases and the
frequent bouts of poor poetry.

Snag is his encyclopedic knowledge of heating parts can be useful. Just
like you'd expect from a good stores person.

--
*Income tax service - We‘ve got what it takes to take what you've got.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" during a coughing fit wrote in
message ...
In article s.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:

You have now joined the ranks of the uk.d-i-y lunatic gang, of Mat/Lord
Hall, Richard Cranium/Plowman, et al. Screaming out loud for no reason
at all in tube stations is the next phase for you. I hope God is with
you for your own sake.

Physician heal thyself.

...this senile man he calls me pet
...of inverted gender he must be set
...he gives us info we don't need to know
...down our throats he rams it so

...instictively you will spy
...in newsgroups with DIY
...attempting wisdom this fool will try

...the info's so poor tis clearly true
...so how does this garbage affect you?

...well take no heed of babble and drool
...as this one is a confirmed fool

...he marches around in CAT boots of yellow
...this strange brain damaged sort of fellow

...misadvice he has lots to say
...so don't give this yellow booted half-wit the time of day

Doctor Drivel

news
wrote:

Actually, you need to be a Certified Tosser (MICT) to do this.

When does your registration run out?

They wouldnt have me because I use my real name.

Wel get a better name.

snip deranged babble

Doctor Drivel

wrote:

You have now joined the ranks of the uk.d-i-y lunatic gang, of Mat/Lord
Hall, Richard Cranium/Plowman, et al. Screaming out loud for no reason
at
all in tube stations is the next phase for you. I hope God is with you
for
your own sake.

I am the one posting under my own name. Go figure.

I have figured, and its an appalling name of that there is no doubt. Deed
poll is a good thing. How about Randolph Scott, that sounds better.

Doctor Drivel

wrote:

Actually, you need to be a Certified Tosser (MICT) to do this.

When does your registration run out?

They wouldnt have me because I use my real name.

snip stuff by Randolph

I think he's the most interesting

Russ, now about this name change of yours.....

Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" through a coughing fit wrote in
message ...
In article ,
Richard Conway stupidly wrote:

I think

snip stuff by Russ

Snag

snip senile babble by Richard

Boy they do go on about garbage don't they.

John Schmitt

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:15:44 +0100, Doctor Drivel
wrote:

I have figured, and its an appalling name of that there is no doubt.
Deed
poll is a good thing. How about Randolph Scott, that sounds better.

Another call for Doctor Spooner. Fancy changing your name to Kenny
Everett's creation Cupid Stunt?

John Schmitt

Lobster

Richard Conway wrote:

In fact, I'm inclined to think he is not really a person but is some
kind of bot? In fact, the more I think of it the more I'm sure. Good
try whoever programmed him, but he's failed this Turing test. I claim
my prize.

Bzzt!

Sorry, you're too late: didn't you see this recent post:
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.d-i-y/msg/467ccfb24060fff1?hl=en&

David
Doctor Drivel

wrote:

I have figured, and its an appalling
name of that there is no doubt.
Deed poll is a good thing. How about
Randolph Scott, that sounds better.

Another call for Doctor Spooner. Fancy changing your name to Kenny
Everett's creation Cupid Stunt?

Randolph, how dare you speak that way about the departed.

Doctor Drivel

"Lobster" stupidly wrote in message
Richard Conway wrote silly things:

In fact, I'm inclined to think he is not really a person but is some
kind of bot? In fact, the more I think of it the more I'm sure. Good
try whoever programmed him, but he's failed this Turing test. I claim
my prize.

Bzzt!

Sorry, you're too late: didn't you see this recent post:
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.d-i-y/msg/467ccfb24060fff1?hl=en&

More wit. Duh the really are at it today.

Chris Bacon

Richard Conway wrote:
I think he's the most interesting troll I have ever come across - the
blind persistence that he actually knows something (anything), his
bizarre notion that everyone else uses at least 2 aliases and the
frequent bouts of poor poetry.

If he *is* a troll, he is a *wildly*, *hugely* successful
one. Look at all the traffic he generates! Look at all the
poor saps who reply/argue with him, thinking they will have
any effect at all! Of course, they have no effect whatsoever,
but that of fuelling the fire. I'd be very interested to
see what Doctor Drivel would do if everyone would just STFU,
but sadly there's as much chance of that happening as there
is of them sprouting a cnt and flying to the moon and back.
Mr Harry

"John Schmitt" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 22:24:43 +0100, Doctor Drivel
wrote:

pushfit, pushfit, pushfit :-)

dont use pushfit.

me and my friend martin used pushfit to put in a sink and evey single
joint leaked.

harry

raden

In message , Richard Conway
writes
wrote:

[...]

That's because you're a Johnny come lately - we had this discussion some
time ago

--
geoff
raden

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Richard Conway wrote:
I think he's the most interesting troll I have ever come across - the
blind persistence that he actually knows something (anything), his
bizarre notion that everyone else uses at least 2 aliases and the
frequent bouts of poor poetry.

Snag is his encyclopedic knowledge of heating parts can be useful. Just
like you'd expect from a good stores person.

I've found a raison d'etre for dIMM

http://www.wimp.com/plumber/

--
geoff

Doctor Drivel

"raden" wrote in message

http://www.wimp.com/plumber/

Maxie, that is a a very nice game. Are you keeping your frock well ironed?

Doctor Drivel

"raden" wrote in message

That's because you're a Johnny come lately - we had this discussion some
time ago

Maxie, you are very good ay discussing things.

raden

In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"raden" wrote in message

That's because you're a Johnny come lately - we had this discussion some
time ago

Maxie, you are very good ay discussing things.

And you're Johnny no mates, what's your point ?

--
geoff
Doctor Drivel

"raden" wrote in message
In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"raden" wrote in message

That's because you're a Johnny come lately - we had this discussion

some
time ago

Maxie, you are very good ay discussing things.

And you're Johnny no mates, what's your point ?

Because Maxie, you are very good ay discussing things.

raden

In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"raden" wrote in message

That's because you're a Johnny come lately - we had this discussion

some
time ago

Maxie, you are very good ay discussing things.

And you're Johnny no mates, what's your point ?

Because Maxie, you are very good ay discussing things.

True

but you're the biggest mass debater here

--
geoff

Doctor Drivel

"raden" wrote in message

but you're the biggest mass debater here

Maxie, you are a one.

...Maxie talks about self abuse, I tell you not
...the man who climbs trees in polka dot
...why does he wear his pretty frocks
...without any matching bobby socks

...he boasts of making loads of dough
...while on beaches in his chiffon flow

...what sad *******s give Maxie a ready?
...are they sex mad people mentally unsteady?

...it's clear for all and plain to see
...how Maxie earns money on a beach up a tree

...the prime attraction causes people to frown
...the sight of fat Maxie in a flowing ballgown

Compression fittings rile Home Repair 5 May 13th 05 03:36 AM
Question about compression fittings toller Home Repair 2 May 8th 05 03:57 AM
Compression vs. push-fit fittings? al UK diy 23 April 15th 05 10:12 PM
Compression Fittings on Type L Rigid Copper ??? Michael Roback Home Ownership 4 November 23rd 03 06:15 PM
Q re Brass Compression Fittings jack Home Repair 2 June 25th 03 02:44 AM