toller

Default Question about compression fittings

A few days ago I posted a question about repairing a burst 3/8" soft copper
pipe. Today I posted a question about some water filter housings I bought
at an auction.
Amazingly, the questions converged, because in one of the boxes was a bunch
of fittings; including several 3/8" compression unions!

There are plastic and brass rings to go on the tubing. I am guessing the
brass are for copper, and the plastic are for plastic. Is that correct?
There also little lipped brass tubes; they go in plastic tubing? Can I use
these with PEX?

I think what you state is correct but you might consider
buying/borrowing a good book on plumbing.

Edwin Pawlowski

"toller" wrote in message

There are plastic and brass rings to go on the tubing. I am guessing the
brass are for copper, and the plastic are for plastic. Is that correct?
There also little lipped brass tubes; they go in plastic tubing? Can I
use these with PEX?

The ones I bought are a gray plastic and specifically say they can be used
with pex or copper or cpvc. I don' tknow about the others, but if the od of
the tubing is the right size, I suspect they would work but can't say for
certain.