xscope

Default Aldi router + 10 - bits - £19.99

also Router table at =A324.99

+ and other DIY stuff

http://uk.aldi.com/special_buys/index.html

From 6th October.

Clearly it's not going to be top notch professional quality.

The3rd Earl Of Derby

xscope wrote:
also Router table at £24.99

+ and other DIY stuff

http://uk.aldi.com/special_buys/index.html

From 6th October.

Clearly it's not going to be top notch professional quality.

How about something on the same level but cheaper. :-)

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/7106024.htm
--
Sir Benjamin middlethwaite

Chris Bacon

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
How about something on the same level but cheaper. :-)

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/7106024.htm

I dunno. I bought a mains drill on clearance from Argos, 'cos
it was only 7 quid or so. Biggest pile of penc I'be bought, apart
from some cheap allen keys ages and ages ago. The router I got
from Aldi, whilst not of the first water, is quite servicable.
xscope

Jeezo,

I suspect the =A31.49 extended warranty may be a wise investment....

The3rd Earl Of Derby

xscope wrote:
Jeezo,

I suspect the £1.49 extended warranty may be a wise investment....

:-)

--
Sir Benjamin middlethwaite

Ian Stirling

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
xscope wrote:
Jeezo,

I suspect the ?1.49 extended warranty may be a wise investment....

:-)

They seem to honour the warranties too.
Have a stepper from Argos, currently on the 7th one (in about 3 months)
I think I'm going to ask for a refund.

Have a stepper from Argos, currently on the 7th one (in about 3 months)
I think I'm going to ask for a refund.

Why? It sounds like you're getting some good exercise going to and from the
store with a heavy stepper under your arm

Rusty

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...
xscope wrote:
also Router table at £24.99

+ and other DIY stuff

http://uk.aldi.com/special_buys/index.html

From 6th October.

Clearly it's not going to be top notch professional quality.

How about something on the same level but cheaper. :-)

so does a 6mm collet fit English 1/4" bits

Chris Bacon

Rusty wrote:
"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote...
xscope wrote:
also Router table at £24.99
+ and other DIY stuff
http://uk.aldi.com/special_buys/index.html
From 6th October.

Clearly it's not going to be top notch professional quality.

How about something on the same level but cheaper. :-)

so does a 6mm collet fit English 1/4" bits

You can buy 12 extra bits to fit this router from Aldi,
in addition to the 10 you get with that router, for
another £5 - so £30 gets a reasonable (for this power)
router + 22 bits. Another £25 gets a die-cast table.
I'm interested in the table, as I have an Aldi router
(& a "Bosche" one too). Note, 6mm. and 8mm. bits are
becoming more generally available.
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Chris Bacon wrote:
Rusty wrote:
"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote...
xscope wrote:
also Router table at £24.99
+ and other DIY stuff
http://uk.aldi.com/special_buys/index.html
From 6th October.

Clearly it's not going to be top notch professional quality.

How about something on the same level but cheaper. :-)

so does a 6mm collet fit English 1/4" bits

You can buy 12 extra bits to fit this router from Aldi,
in addition to the 10 you get with that router, for
another £5 - so £30 gets a reasonable (for this power)
router + 22 bits. Another £25 gets a die-cast table.
I'm interested in the table, as I have an Aldi router
(& a "Bosche" one too). Note, 6mm. and 8mm. bits are
becoming more generally available.

If its the same as the "Machine mart", one, and it certainly looks the
same, the guide fence is plastic. :-( but i'll take a butchers meself and
if I think its garbage I'll take it back and say..."me router is not
compatible with this bench". :-)
--
Sir Benjamin middlethwaite

Henry

If its the same as the "Machine mart", one, and it certainly looks the
same, the guide fence is plastic. :-( but i'll take a butchers meself and
if I think its garbage I'll take it back and say..."me router is not
compatible with this bench". :-)
--

I got one which looks the same off Ebay, the fence is plastic. I've only
used it once so I can't comment too much, the cast table is pretty sturdy

Henry

Henry

The bolt cutters amused me, I expect they'll sell out quickly to that
certain section of Aldi customers :-) Aldi obviously know how to enthuse
them with that picture of the chains around the gate being cut :-)

Henry

Peter

The bolt cutters amused me...

Yes, me too! I laughed. I expect that next week they will be offering
a device to remove the security tags from high street shop items.
John Rumm

xscope wrote:

also Router table at £24.99

+ and other DIY stuff

http://uk.aldi.com/special_buys/index.html

Does that photo give you the impression that the bods who took it did
not have a clue what a router table is for? The description on the table
also makes no mention of mounting the router in it!

--
Cheers,

John.

The3rd Earl Of Derby

John Rumm wrote:
xscope wrote:

also Router table at £24.99

+ and other DIY stuff

http://uk.aldi.com/special_buys/index.html

Does that photo give you the impression that the bods who took it did
not have a clue what a router table is for? The description on the
table also makes no mention of mounting the router in it!

The router mounts underneath.
--
Sir Benjamin middlethwaite

Lurch

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 10:33:15 GMT, "The3rd Earl Of Derby"
scrawled:

Does that photo give you the impression that the bods who took it did
not have a clue what a router table is for? The description on the
table also makes no mention of mounting the router in it!

The router mounts underneath.

Cleared that up then, well done.
--
Stuart @ SJW Electrical

Please Reply to group
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Lurch wrote:
On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 10:33:15 GMT, "The3rd Earl Of Derby"
scrawled:

Does that photo give you the impression that the bods who took it
did not have a clue what a router table is for? The description on
the table also makes no mention of mounting the router in it!

The router mounts underneath.

Cleared that up then, well done.

Ask a silly question,get a silly answer.

Of course the photo bods don't have a clue about most stuff when it comes
to photographing numerous items and anyone know aldi stuff they are never
precise with details.
--
Sir Benjamin middlethwaite

Lurch

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 11:16:26 GMT, "The3rd Earl Of Derby"
scrawled:

Does that photo give you the impression that the bods who took it
did not have a clue what a router table is for? The description on
the table also makes no mention of mounting the router in it!

The router mounts underneath.

Cleared that up then, well done.

Ask a silly question,get a silly answer.

Who asked what question about what when?
--
Stuart @ SJW Electrical

Please Reply to group
Andy Hall

wrote:

Lurch wrote:
On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 10:33:15 GMT, "The3rd Earl Of Derby"
scrawled:

Does that photo give you the impression that the bods who took it
did not have a clue what a router table is for? The description on
the table also makes no mention of mounting the router in it!

The router mounts underneath.

Cleared that up then, well done.

Ask a silly question,get a silly answer.

Of course the photo bods don't have a clue about most stuff when it comes
to photographing numerous items and anyone know aldi stuff they are never
precise with details.

Especially when it comes to details like "sophisticated piece of
machinery" and "powerful, professional quality tool"

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Andy Hall

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 00:28:33 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

xscope wrote:

also Router table at £24.99

+ and other DIY stuff

http://uk.aldi.com/special_buys/index.html

Does that photo give you the impression that the bods who took it did
not have a clue what a router table is for? The description on the table
also makes no mention of mounting the router in it!

They haven't shown everything although the photo with both router and
table shows most.

- This router model has an integrated switch. Presumably the last one
just plugged in at the wall and ran.

- They show the pair of reinforced gloves to protect the hands against
the excessive vibration in operation. What they don't show is the full
welding mask and kevlar body armour (next week's offer for £5.99) for
when the thing flies apart.

Nevertheless it is "powerful, professional quality" and "in fact,
you'll wonder how you've ever managed so long without one."

Special offer. Just for you. Just today.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Dave Fawthrop

On 29 Sep 2005 12:21:05 -0700, "xscope" wrote:

| also Router table at £24.99
|
| + and other DIY stuff
|
| http://uk.aldi.com/special_buys/index.html
|
| From 6th October.
|
| Clearly it's not going to be top notch professional quality.

I am not a top notch professional.
The hammer drill bits will do for me.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
The London suicide bombers killed innocent commuters.