pauljfoster

Default Washing Machine

Hi

I have an Indesit (WG1034T) washing machine whose drum is behaving
erratically.
At first I thought the belt must be slipping since I could see the motor
turning but the drum would not turn uniformly. On closer inspection, I now
think that the motor is spinning spasmodically and causing uneven running of
the drum. I now think that the motor regulator might be at fault.

Does anyone know if this item is serviceable / replaceable and where it will
be located?... or maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree. Any ideas?

Thanks

ben

pauljfoster wrote:
Hi

I have an Indesit (WG1034T) washing machine whose drum is behaving
erratically.
At first I thought the belt must be slipping since I could see the
motor turning but the drum would not turn uniformly. On closer
inspection, I now think that the motor is spinning spasmodically and
causing uneven running of the drum. I now think that the motor
regulator might be at fault.

Does anyone know if this item is serviceable / replaceable and where
it will be located?... or maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree. Any
ideas?

Thanks

Are the brick nuts tight?

Bob Eager

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 18:05:19 UTC, "pauljfoster"
wrote:

I have an Indesit (WG1034T) washing machine whose drum is behaving
erratically.
At first I thought the belt must be slipping since I could see the motor
turning but the drum would not turn uniformly. On closer inspection, I now
think that the motor is spinning spasmodically and causing uneven running of
the drum. I now think that the motor regulator might be at fault.

Does anyone know if this item is serviceable / replaceable and where it will
be located?... or maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree. Any ideas?

Is there a lot of sparking inside the motor? Could be the brushes...if
that motor has them...
http://laminateflooring.oncloud8.com
Lurch

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 18:05:19 GMT, "pauljfoster"
scrawled:

Scrap it, it's a bag of ****e.

At first I thought the belt must be slipping since I could see the motor
turning but the drum would not turn uniformly. On closer inspection, I now
think that the motor is spinning spasmodically and causing uneven running of
the drum. I now think that the motor regulator might be at fault.

What do you mean by non-uniformly exactly?

Does anyone know if this item is serviceable / replaceable and where it will
be located?... or maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree. Any ideas?

tbh, anything more than changing brushes or a belt on an Indesit is
generally uneconomic.
--
Stuart @ SJW Electrical

Please Reply to group

Andrew Gabriel

wrote:

I have an Indesit (WG1034T) washing machine whose drum is behaving
erratically.
At first I thought the belt must be slipping since I could see the motor
turning but the drum would not turn uniformly. On closer inspection, I now
think that the motor is spinning spasmodically and causing uneven running of
the drum. I now think that the motor regulator might be at fault.

Does anyone know if this item is serviceable / replaceable and where it will
be located?... or maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree. Any ideas?

Is there a lot of sparking inside the motor? Could be the brushes...if
that motor has them...

I agree on that. Another common fault is a conductor inside
the wiring harness going to the motor has broken due to the
flexing/vibration, and is making intermittent contact.

Either of these faults could eventually wreck the motor driver
circuit which would be expensive to repair, so I would suggest
you should not use it until you fix the brushes or cable fault.

--
Andrew Gabriel

The Natural Philosopher

pauljfoster wrote:

Hi

I have an Indesit (WG1034T) washing machine whose drum is behaving
erratically.
At first I thought the belt must be slipping since I could see the motor
turning but the drum would not turn uniformly. On closer inspection, I now
think that the motor is spinning spasmodically and causing uneven running of
the drum. I now think that the motor regulator might be at fault.

Does anyone know if this item is serviceable / replaceable and where it will
be located?... or maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree. Any ideas?

Thanks

Brushes mate. Classic. replace em for a tenner and go for another 5 years...

Built in washing machine antgel UK diy 4 March 15th 05 10:57 AM
HW feed to washing machine? a UK diy 7 January 7th 05 11:32 PM
Zanussi FL1012 Washing Machine fault James UK diy 5 August 4th 04 01:45 PM
Box/Valve to prevent washing machine hose break and flooding? kevins_news2 Home Repair 19 April 27th 04 05:16 PM
walking washing machine Kerry Hoskin UK diy 10 February 29th 04 11:15 PM