Junior Member

Default Central Heating Pump

Can someone please help with some advice. I have recently moved into a much larger house and have found that the central heating does not warm all the radiators very well. I have tried balancing but although improved the rads are nowhere near the heat at my last house. The pump used is a Grundfos 15/60, my question is the house has 23 radiators, approx 18 are large doubles, should i be looking for a replacement pump and if so how can i calculate the size i need, from waht i understand the pump i have is quite a powerful domestice version but i cany help feeling its not pwerful enough as its the same as in my last house which was quite smaller.

any help anyone can give greatly appreciated.

Regards
IAN

What is the size of your boiler ?
You have a high head pump already but it is of no use if the boiler is not
big enough or the pipework from the boiler to the heating system equally not
big enough ( unfortunately we are now into the realms of correctly sizing a
heating system )

--
MattH

Junior Member

The boiler is an ideal standard mexico, with an auxillary attached, i dont know the exact output? The pipes from memory are 28mm to the boiler, if not 22mm. Does this help?? Thanks

MattH wrote:
The boiler is an ideal standard mexico, with an auxillary attached, i
dont know the exact output? The pipes from memory are 28mm to the
boiler, if not 22mm. Does this help?? Thanks

If you dont provide the info asked, how can we help?

NT

Central Heating Problem Bob UK diy 15 May 20th 05 11:55 AM
Central Heating Pumps, and Pump Ball Valves Mike Dodd UK diy 9 April 28th 05 02:11 AM
Central Heating pump K. Sloan UK diy 3 December 22nd 04 11:37 PM
More central heating advice sought Martin Westerman UK diy 4 December 1st 04 08:51 PM
No central heating - HW only threewayvalve and tank therm John UK diy 7 September 29th 03 10:18 AM