John Rumm

Default Angle Grinder FAQ section

You know the drill by now!

Any comments on:

http://www.internode.co.uk/diyfaq/anglegrinder.htm

(I wanted something to test a new install of ViaVoice, so there you go!)

--
Cheers,

John.

Geo

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 05:23:06 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

You know the drill by now!

Any comments on:

http://www.internode.co.uk/diyfaq/anglegrinder.htm

As a novice grinder - sounds ok to me.
Something adrift in the safety paragraph:-
"wire fragments of out of your so stomach"
Geo
dennis@home

"John Rumm" wrote in message
You know the drill by now!

Any comments on:

http://www.internode.co.uk/diyfaq/anglegrinder.htm

(I wanted something to test a new install of ViaVoice, so there you go!)

No speeling errors but the wrong words.. "produced his highly abrasive"

Dave Fawthrop

wrote:

| You know the drill by now!
|
| Any comments on:
|
| http://www.internode.co.uk/diyfaq/anglegrinder.htm
|
| (I wanted something to test a new install of ViaVoice, so there you go!)

It could do with a graphic to brighten things up.

You really must add the meta tags so that Google et al will put it higher
in the list.
head
meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"
meta name="Author" content=" ...... "
meta name="GENERATOR" content=" ... "
meta name="Description" content=" ... "
meta name="keywords" content=" .... "
meta name="Classification" content=" .... "
title Angle Grinder FAQ /title
/head

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
"Intelligent Design?" my knees say *not*.
Grunff

Dave Fawthrop wrote:

You really must add the meta tags so that Google et al will put it higher
in the list.

Google hardly uses meta tags at all, and the same goes for the other
SEs. They really are of limited value. Content and inbound links are
used to a much greater degree to determine rank.

The FAQ actually does very well on Google, mainly because of the vast
number of inbound links.

--
Grunff

Ian Stirling

John Rumm wrote:
You know the drill by now!

Any comments on:

http://www.internode.co.uk/diyfaq/anglegrinder.htm

(I wanted something to test a new install of ViaVoice, so there you go!)

Random comments.
Some just things that jar when I read them, some speakos.

I'd lose the 'also' in the second paragraph.
And the plurals on bars, sheets, angles.
I'd add "However, using diamond disks to cut or shape metals (especially
steel) will rapidly destroy them", a the end of the "disks" section.

"they will also deliver", replace with "and".
"On the budget tools", lose "the".
"maybe" = "may be"
"quality tools also", lose "also"
"his highly" = "is highly"
"expect to get" = "get"
"use of an" = "use an"
"you will also" ="will also"
John Rumm

Ian Stirling wrote:

(I wanted something to test a new install of ViaVoice, so there you go!)

Random comments.
Some just things that jar when I read them, some speakos.

Nice to know I can speak bollox as well as I can write it! ;-)

(was trying a new headset without retraining the sw, looks like that is
not going to work)

I'd lose the 'also' in the second paragraph.
And the plurals on bars, sheets, angles.
I'd add "However, using diamond disks to cut or shape metals (especially
steel) will rapidly destroy them", a the end of the "disks" section.

"they will also deliver", replace with "and".
"On the budget tools", lose "the".
"maybe" = "may be"
"quality tools also", lose "also"
"his highly" = "is highly"
"expect to get" = "get"
"use of an" = "use an"
"you will also" ="will also"

Ta, ok fixed.

--
Cheers,

John.

Ed Sirett

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 05:23:06 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

You know the drill by now!

Any comments on:

http://www.internode.co.uk/diyfaq/anglegrinder.htm

(I wanted something to test a new install of ViaVoice, so there you go!)

I have found that a general purpose diamond blade (costing as much as the
tool iteself) works on metal aswell. Better speed of cut (probably because
the blade is thinner). Stays at full depth because the blade does not wear
away and out lives at least it's cost in abrasive discs.

Ian Stirling

Ed Sirett wrote:
On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 05:23:06 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

You know the drill by now!

Any comments on:

http://www.internode.co.uk/diyfaq/anglegrinder.htm

(I wanted something to test a new install of ViaVoice, so there you go!)

I have found that a general purpose diamond blade (costing as much as the
tool iteself) works on metal aswell. Better speed of cut (probably because
the blade is thinner). Stays at full depth because the blade does not wear
away and out lives at least it's cost in abrasive discs.

Can you define 'metal' ?
Steel is problematic for diamond - as it makes higher carbon steel dust,
and little else, as I understand it.
Of course, practical results beat theort.
david lang

John Rumm wrote:
Any comments on:

How about the attachments that turn a grinder into a cut off saw
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.a...20849&recno=14 - or indeed
adding a bit about cut off saws?

Dave

John Rumm

david lang wrote:

How about the attachments that turn a grinder into a cut off saw
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.a...20849&recno=14 - or indeed
adding a bit about cut off saws?

I did think of that as I wrote it, but never having used one I could not
think of much to say other than "they are available". Anyone who has
used one care to comment on their use?

--
Cheers,

John.