Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

Default Price for boarding & skimming?

Two ceilings, both about 15' x 11'. Any ideas roughly how much (loc.in East
Kent)?

Si

Weatherlawyer

Say about a fiver for each bag of plaster and another fiver for each
board. Some nails or black screws and that's about it for DIY.

Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

Weatherlawyer wrote:
Say about a fiver for each bag of plaster and another fiver for each
board. Some nails or black screws and that's about it for DIY.

Yes, yes, I know Some things are beyond even me though. If I promise to
decorate the ceiling and the rest of the room could I get an idea of cost?
Eh? Waddayasay?

Si

Grunff

Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot wrote:
Two ceilings, both about 15' x 11'. Any ideas roughly how much (loc.in East
Kent)?

Half a day to board, a day to skim (for a plasterer + labourer). Round
here (Devon) maybe £350-£400.

--
Grunff

chris French

In message , "Mungo \"two sheds\"
Toadfoot" writes
Weatherlawyer wrote:
Say about a fiver for each bag of plaster and another fiver for each
board. Some nails or black screws and that's about it for DIY.

Yes, yes, I know Some things are beyond even me though. If I promise to
decorate the ceiling and the rest of the room could I get an idea of cost?
Eh? Waddayasay?

Only if you do it really nicely.... :-)

Going on the chaps I had doing plastering work for me in our old house I
reckon about 1 1/2 days for plasterer and his mate. . GBP250- 300?
--
Chris French

Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

chris French wrote:
In message , "Mungo \"two sheds\"
Toadfoot" writes
Weatherlawyer wrote:
Say about a fiver for each bag of plaster and another fiver for each
board. Some nails or black screws and that's about it for DIY.

Yes, yes, I know Some things are beyond even me though. If I
promise to decorate the ceiling and the rest of the room could I get
an idea of cost? Eh? Waddayasay?

Only if you do it really nicely.... :-)

Weeeeeeeell...ok then.

Going on the chaps I had doing plastering work for me in our old
house I reckon about 1 1/2 days for plasterer and his mate. . GBP250-
300?

That sounds better than the previous estimate of £350-£400. Tell him he's
got the job, would you?

Si

chris French

In message , "Mungo \"two sheds\"
Toadfoot" writes
Going on the chaps I had doing plastering work for me in our old
house I reckon about 1 1/2 days for plasterer and his mate. . GBP250-
300?

That sounds better than the previous estimate of £350-£400. Tell him he's
got the job, would you?

:-)

Well I was very much guesstimating. He used to charge me around 300 or
so plus materials for boarding a ceiling and skimming a room (but none
were simple , always some patching etc. to be done, usually 2 days or
so) - but he was pretty cheap as well, and it was in Leeds.
--
Chris French