Default Where can I get BLACK Pipe Lagging

Does anyone know where I can get Pipe Lagging in Black.. I have been
told that "Armaflex" may be what I want, but I am having trouble
locating it.

Everything I have found locally is grey.

Any pointers would be appreciated

Jon

nafuk

I got some from a large B&Q about 2 years ago

Mathew J. Newton

nafuk wrote:
I got some from a large B&Q about 2 years ago

Yup - seen some only the other day (granted it was also a 'warehouse').

Sparks

wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone know where I can get Pipe Lagging in Black.. I have been
told that "Armaflex" may be what I want, but I am having trouble
locating it.

Everything I have found locally is grey.

Any pointers would be appreciated

Jon

I have black lagging on my fixed, split air conditioner pipes (They are not
split, the pipe was fed through the lagging), maybe a place the
supplies/fits them?

Sparks...

Baz

wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone know where I can get Pipe Lagging in Black.. I have been
told that "Armaflex" may be what I want, but I am having trouble
locating it.

Everything I have found locally is grey.

Any pointers would be appreciated

Jon

Hi Jon.
I have used these guys in the past. And bought a load of black Armstrong for
a project.
Very helpful.
http://www.insulate.co.uk
French Brothers Insulation.
Baz

Tom

Most refrigeration firms will stock Armaflex.

Tom

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to jon.p.weaver, Commodore.White wrote:
jon.p.weaver wrote:

Does anyone know where I can get Pipe Lagging in Black.. I have been
told that "Armaflex" may be what I want, but I am having trouble
locating it.
Everything I have found locally is grey.
Any pointers would be appreciated
Jon

I got some from plumbase. Had to be ordered in though. I needed some to
insulate pipes underground that were less than 600 mm deep.

Good luck

Posted to uk.d-i-y

jon.p.weaver wrote:

Does anyone know where I can get Pipe Lagging in Black.. I have been
told that "Armaflex" may be what I want, but I am having trouble
locating it.
Everything I have found locally is grey.
Any pointers would be appreciated
Jon

I got some from plumbase. Had to be ordered in though. I needed some to
insulate pipes underground that were less than 600 mm deep.
Good luck

Mail order from here

http://www.pipelagging.com/

I've used them several times for standard Grey and Armaflex which is
black and rated up to solar thermal system temperatures and so is more
expensive.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Bob Minchin
writes
jon.p.weaver wrote:

Does anyone know where I can get Pipe Lagging in Black.. I have been
told that "Armaflex" may be what I want, but I am having trouble
locating it.
Everything I have found locally is grey.
Any pointers would be appreciated
Jon

I got some from plumbase. Had to be ordered in though. I needed some to
insulate pipes underground that were less than 600 mm deep.
Good luck

Mail order from here

http://www.pipelagging.com/

I've used them several times for standard Grey and Armaflex which is
black and rated up to solar thermal system temperatures and so is more
expensive.

I've bought insulation from Trading Depot.

They sell Climaflex Insul-tube, which is rubber insulation similar to
Armaflex I think

http://www.tradingdepot.co.uk/DEF/ca...Pipe%20Insulat
ion%20/%20Lagging
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 2 October 2014 14:44:01 UTC+1, Commodore. White wrote:

I got some from plumbase. Had to be ordered in though. I needed some to
insulate pipes underground that were less than 600 mm deep.

Good luck

FFS... The thread is over 9 years old...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 05 Oct 2014 00:47:57 +0100, Mathew Newton wrote:

On Thursday, 2 October 2014 14:44:01 UTC+1, Commodore. White wrote:

I got some from plumbase. Had to be ordered in though. I needed some to
insulate pipes underground that were less than 600 mm deep.

Good luck

FFS... The thread is over 9 years old...

Why would any one care about the colour when it's underground?

--
The word "gymnasium" comes from the? Ancient Greek "gymnos" (naked) and "zein" (to train).
So literally the word "gymnasium" means a "building for naked exercise".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
Mathew Newton writes
On Thursday, 2 October 2014 14:44:01 UTC+1, Commodore. White wrote:

I got some from plumbase. Had to be ordered in though. I needed some to
insulate pipes underground that were less than 600 mm deep.

Good luck

FFS... The thread is over 9 years old...

True, but this is uk.d-i-y, sometimes DIY projects can take a while :-)

--
Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/10/14 08:16, Bill wrote:
In message ,
Mathew Newton writes
On Thursday, 2 October 2014 14:44:01 UTC+1, Commodore. White wrote:

I got some from plumbase. Had to be ordered in though. I needed
some to
insulate pipes underground that were less than 600 mm deep.

Good luck

FFS... The thread is over 9 years old...

True, but this is uk.d-i-y, sometimes DIY projects can take a while :-)

Mine do...

But I mitigate by mostly completing each sub job before moving on...

Leaking Soil Pipe? andrewpreece UK diy 8 July 29th 05 05:13 PM
Black pipe or galvanized? zxcvbob Home Repair 5 July 2nd 05 01:15 AM
WARNING. DeWALT And Black and Decker Tools causing serious Injury and Death. tester Electronics Repair 17 May 27th 04 12:45 PM
electricity on my water pipes Laurent Doiron Home Repair 32 March 30th 04 06:01 PM
How much weight can a 3/4" black iron pipe support hanging from its threads? Stu Metalworking 2 September 27th 03 09:12 PM