Junior Member

Location: Lymington Hampshire
Default Sky on all tv's

Hello everyone,
I need to find out how to get sky all through the house. I intended on getting a Sky/Aerial booster. I currently have another tv running of the second output of the Sky box. Could I run this to a booster then to all my tv's and if so could they all use an i-link this is what I would really like to do. If not how else could I do it. Thanks in advance Alec.
Timothy Murphy

Alec wrote:

I need to find out how to get sky all through the house. I intended
on getting a Sky/Aerial booster. I currently have another tv running of
the second output of the Sky box. Could I run this to a booster then to
all my tv's and if so could they all use an i-link this is what I would
really like to do. If not how else could I do it. Thanks in advance

Couldn't you use a wireless link?
(They sell these in Curry's, etc.)
I imagine you can have as many receivers as you like.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail (80k only): tim /at/ birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In article , Alec
wrote:

Hello everyone,
I need to find out how to get sky all through the house. I intended
on getting a Sky/Aerial booster. I currently have another tv running of
the second output of the Sky box. Could I run this to a booster then to
all my tv's and if so could they all use an i-link this is what I would
really like to do. If not how else could I do it. Thanks in advance

You are on the right lines. Some tips:

Don't be tempted by the B&Q specials. Buy a quality distribution amp from an
independant. That will cost up to about £40.00. We particularly favour the
Labgear animal. Remember the F type connectors to go with it.

No need for a seperate power supply for a four way, it draws its power from
RF2 on the Sky box.

Use full spec cable to EN50117. CT100 / H109F / WF100 all complies. Look for
the CAI printing each metre down the cable length if unsure. Specifically
avoid crap like SAT100.

Good quality connectors should be crimped or soldered on.

The Wanderer

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 06:28:40 +0100, Alec wrote:

Hello everyone,
I need to find out how to get sky all through the house.

Err, what do you mean by Sky all through the house? If you mean you want to
be able to watch whatever is selected on the one incoming receiver, that's
fairly easy. If you want to be able to select different channels on
different TVs then you'll need a sat receiver for each TV.

I intended
on getting a Sky/Aerial booster. I currently have another tv running of
the second output of the Sky box. Could I run this to a booster then to
all my tv's and if so could they all use an i-link this is what I would
really like to do. If not how else could I do it. Thanks in advance

I have a Labgear 8 way(? - I think it's 8 way, can't be bothered to go and
look) amplifier in the loft. I have a coax feed from the back of my Sky box
up to the loft, and I use a simple 'Y' connector to combine the feed from
the Sky box with the feed from the normal aerial. Works quite well.

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net
Bob Martin

in 434938 20050806 120839 Timothy Murphy wrote:
Alec wrote:

I need to find out how to get sky all through the house. I intended
on getting a Sky/Aerial booster. I currently have another tv running of
the second output of the Sky box. Could I run this to a booster then to
all my tv's and if so could they all use an i-link this is what I would
really like to do. If not how else could I do it. Thanks in advance

Couldn't you use a wireless link?
(They sell these in Curry's, etc.)
I imagine you can have as many receivers as you like.

I use two little boosters (5 pound each from local electrical shop) which
are mains-powered and have one input and three outputs.
Downstairs unit outputs go to lounge, dining room and upstairs unit.
Upstairs unit outputs go to the three bedrooms.
Been running perfectly for 20+ years.

Sparks

I have a Labgear 8 way(? - I think it's 8 way, can't be bothered to go and
look) amplifier in the loft. I have a coax feed from the back of my Sky
box
up to the loft, and I use a simple 'Y' connector to combine the feed from
the Sky box with the feed from the normal aerial. Works quite well.

Doesn't that cause ghosting?
Or isn't there an aerial connection from the splitter, TO the shy box?

Sparks...

The Wanderer

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 20:53:57 +0100, Sparks wrote:

I have a Labgear 8 way(? - I think it's 8 way, can't be bothered to go and
look) amplifier in the loft. I have a coax feed from the back of my Sky
box
up to the loft, and I use a simple 'Y' connector to combine the feed from
the Sky box with the feed from the normal aerial. Works quite well.

Doesn't that cause ghosting?

Nope

Or isn't there an aerial connection from the splitter, TO the shy box?

Err, I think I know what you mean. I don't feed the terrestrial signal[1]
for my TV and video through the SB, it goes direct to video and then onto
TV.

My SB is connected to tv and video using scart leads. I merely feed the rf
output from the SB up to the amplifier in the loft, to distribute it around
the other rooms.

[1] Yes I still use terrestrial coz I prefer Ceefax to BBCi, especially
over breakfast, so I can still hear the news whilst checking on TV progs,
local news headlines, etc. With BBCi you lose the spoken news and get taken
off to different pages of pink noise if you veer away from the news pages!
:-)

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net
Junior Member

Location: Lymington Hampshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec
Hello everyone,
I need to find out how to get sky all through the house. I intended on getting a Sky/Aerial booster. I currently have another tv running of the second output of the Sky box. Could I run this to a booster then to all my tv's and if so could they all use an i-link this is what I would really like to do. If not how else could I do it. Thanks in advance Alec.

Hi Thanks for all the replies. I would just like to know now then, could i also put an i-link on each TV when the booster is fitted.