The Wanderer

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 20:53:57 +0100, Sparks wrote:

I have a Labgear 8 way(? - I think it's 8 way, can't be bothered to go and
look) amplifier in the loft. I have a coax feed from the back of my Sky
box
up to the loft, and I use a simple 'Y' connector to combine the feed from
the Sky box with the feed from the normal aerial. Works quite well.

Doesn't that cause ghosting?

Nope

Or isn't there an aerial connection from the splitter, TO the shy box?

Err, I think I know what you mean. I don't feed the terrestrial signal[1]
for my TV and video through the SB, it goes direct to video and then onto
TV.

My SB is connected to tv and video using scart leads. I merely feed the rf
output from the SB up to the amplifier in the loft, to distribute it around
the other rooms.

[1] Yes I still use terrestrial coz I prefer Ceefax to BBCi, especially
over breakfast, so I can still hear the news whilst checking on TV progs,
local news headlines, etc. With BBCi you lose the spoken news and get taken
off to different pages of pink noise if you veer away from the news pages!
:-)

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net