Mr Fizzion

Default Ball valves: Worth buying Pegler, or are cheap ones OK?

Here's a pegler at GBP 4.59:

And here's a cheap one at GBP 2.88:
http://www.toolstation.com/images/li...bbig/18591.jpg

(price is he
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plum...ves/d20/sd2696)

Any point in buying the pegler?

TIA

Mr F

Christian McArdle

Any point in buying the pegler?

I had the need for 4 in my rising main, for a high flow water softener and
the main stopcock. I used Pegler for the main stopcock and cheapies for the
3 softener ones. The idea is that it is only the stopcock that would be a
real pain to replace. Oh and I'm tight when I can be.

Christian.

TheScullster

It may be just a name, but I want to do jobs once and move on.
If you are buying 4, that's less than a tenner difference total.

Either you go down Christian's route thinking it's not too big a job to
replace the cheapies, or take mine - fit and forget (hopefully).

Then again, there will always be the Friday afternoon valve, even from
Pegler.

Phil