OldScrawn

Default Header tank ball valves: metal or plastic?

Over the weekend I've had my shower header tank run dry a couple of times.
Mains pressure seems a bit low this weekend, but the ball valve is looking
tired and is an easy thing to change before I look further afield. Does anyone
know which type might give better flow, metal or plastic? I suppose I could go
up to a 3/4 inch.
IMM

"OldScrawn" wrote in message
Over the weekend I've had my shower header tank run dry a couple of times.
Mains pressure seems a bit low this weekend, but the ball valve is looking
tired and is an easy thing to change before I look further afield. Does

anyone
know which type might give better flow, metal or plastic? I suppose I

could go
up to a 3/4 inch.

Brass valves tend to be more reliable. 3/4" ones are cheap enough and fill
up fast.

John Rumm

OldScrawn wrote:

Over the weekend I've had my shower header tank run dry a couple of times.
Mains pressure seems a bit low this weekend, but the ball valve is looking
tired and is an easy thing to change before I look further afield. Does anyone
know which type might give better flow, metal or plastic? I suppose I could go
up to a 3/4 inch.

The Fluidmaster ones (plastic) also seem quick and quiet.

--
Cheers,

John.

OldScrawn

Thanks all. May go for brass 3/4 inch as the local farm shop has them for
animal troughs and noise isn't really an issue. I hadn't thought of doubling
up. Obvious once it is suggested!