Andy Hall

Default Header tank ball valves: metal or plastic?

On 21 Mar 2004 21:14:23 GMT, (OldScrawn) wrote:

Over the weekend I've had my shower header tank run dry a couple of times.
Mains pressure seems a bit low this weekend, but the ball valve is looking
tired and is an easy thing to change before I look further afield. Does anyone
know which type might give better flow, metal or plastic? I suppose I could go
up to a 3/4 inch.

I use two Torbeck valves. These are plastic and give pretty good
flow anyway, but even more with the pair. They are also extremely
quiet.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl