Default Price for plate heat exchanger and flow switch?

Anyone know where I can get a 50-100kW plate heat exhanger and flow switch
suitable for diy-ing (natch :-) a thermal store heat exchanger system at a
reasonable (i.e. low) price? DPS want about 100 for the heat x, 30 for the
switch, + VAT. Anywhere I could get a better price?

Doctor Drivel

wrote in message

Anyone know where I can get a 50-100kW plate heat exhanger and flow switch
suitable for diy-ing (natch :-) a thermal store heat exchanger system at a
reasonable (i.e. low) price? DPS want about 100 for the heat x, 30 for the
switch, + VAT. Anywhere I could get a better price?

Flow switches:
A selection at Hawco http://www.hawco.co.uk, but have a £75 min order.
Try RS: http://www.rswww.com

Farnell http://www.farnell.co.uk)

Also: http://www.axdistribution.com/FluidM...ow_switchs.htm

Flow switches from Farnell:
FS-05 (3A contacts) 3/4" BSP - £16
FS-01 (3A contacts) 22mm compression £31.92. Twice the price for
compression joints.

Data sheets:
http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/28551.pdf

Doctor Drivel

wrote in message

Anyone know where I can get a 50-100kW plate heat exhanger and flow switch
suitable for diy-ing (natch :-) a thermal store heat exchanger system at a
reasonable (i.e. low) price? DPS want about 100 for the heat x, 30 for the
switch, + VAT. Anywhere I could get a better price?

Try the on-line boiler spares sites. A couple of cheap combi plate heat
exchangers in parallel will probably do, and may work out far cheaper as
well.

Doctor Drivel wrote:

wrote in message

Anyone know where I can get a 50-100kW plate heat exhanger and flow
switch suitable for diy-ing (natch :-) a thermal store heat exchanger
system at a reasonable (i.e. low) price? DPS want about 100 for the heat
x, 30 for the switch, + VAT. Anywhere I could get a better price?

Try the on-line boiler spares sites. A couple of cheap combi plate heat
exchangers in parallel will probably do, and may work out far cheaper as
well.

Hmmmn. On my planet the words 'boiler spares' and 'cheap' are invariably
accompanied by the word 'not'. Do you know soemwhere I can get two plate
heat exchangers for less than 100 of our Earth pounds?
Andy Hall

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:13:34 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

...and good looking, great singer, fabulous tango dancer, natty dresser and
the world's greatest poet.

You forgot to mention your ability as an artist.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Doctor Drivel

wrote:

...and good looking, great singer, fabulous
tango dancer, natty dresser and
the world's greatest poet.

You forgot to mention your ability as an artist.

Thank you...a great painter too.

raden

In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

Thanks, they're supposed to be getting back to me with prices.

And thanks Aidan

[Ooops, seem to have sent that while supposed to be editing.]
Was going to say, I think the SWEP Aidan mentioned was SWEP NORTH AMERICA
Duluth, GA 30096 who seem to do industrial etc and I guess are not the
small/cheap end of the market.

Thanks Doctor Drivel for the links to flow switches. I hadn't thought to
check RS & Farnell.

BTW is Doctor Drivel now the official latest John/Adam/IMM/Dr Evil
incarnation? And is it like Dr Who where someone else takes over the part
after each transmogrification? Maybe that would explain the CV: gas meter
designer, installer, rocket scientist, brain surgeon, sperm donor ....

And general ****wit

--
geoff

Doctor Drivel

"raden" wrote in message
[...]

Oh Maxie! What a surprise! You are envious aren't you? You notice no
Morris Dancing is there Maxie...and never will be.

baxi boiler flow switch dIMM UK diy 0 April 13th 05 12:52 AM
DIY Heat Bank/Thermal Store system? (longish) Gordon Henderson UK diy 4 January 26th 05 07:32 AM
Boiler problem: flushing a dual tube heat exchanger [email protected] UK diy 4 January 2nd 05 08:28 AM
Contemplating unvented Indirect hot water upgrade vortex2 UK diy 21 December 3rd 03 11:51 PM
heat exchanger calculations Ed Sirett UK diy 2 July 19th 03 12:49 AM