DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Price for plate heat exchanger and flow switch? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/114299-price-plate-heat-exchanger-flow-switch.html)

[email protected] July 22nd 05 09:48 AM

Price for plate heat exchanger and flow switch?

Anyone know where I can get a 50-100kW plate heat exhanger and flow switch
suitable for diy-ing (natch :-) a thermal store heat exchanger system at a
reasonable (i.e. low) price? DPS want about 100 for the heat x, 30 for the
switch, + VAT. Anywhere I could get a better price?

Andy Hall July 22nd 05 10:13 AM

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 08:48:02 GMT, wrote:

Anyone know where I can get a 50-100kW plate heat exhanger and flow switch
suitable for diy-ing (natch :-) a thermal store heat exchanger system at a
reasonable (i.e. low) price? DPS want about 100 for the heat x, 30 for the
switch, + VAT. Anywhere I could get a better price?

Heat exchangers are made by GEA. Try calling them and asking for
distributors.

GEA Ecoflex United Kingdom Ltd.
Unit 15 Dinnington, York House
Building 2, Unit 8 - Waterside Business Park
Redwall Close
GB-S25 3QA Dinnington, Sheffield
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 1909 55 11 07

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Doctor Drivel July 22nd 05 01:15 PM

wrote in message

Anyone know where I can get a 50-100kW plate heat exhanger and flow switch
suitable for diy-ing (natch :-) a thermal store heat exchanger system at a
reasonable (i.e. low) price? DPS want about 100 for the heat x, 30 for the
switch, + VAT. Anywhere I could get a better price?

Flow switches:
A selection at Hawco http://www.hawco.co.uk, but have a £75 min order.
Try RS: http://www.rswww.com

Farnell http://www.farnell.co.uk)

Also: http://www.axdistribution.com/FluidM...ow_switchs.htm

Flow switches from Farnell:
FS-05 (3A contacts) 3/4" BSP - £16
FS-01 (3A contacts) 22mm compression £31.92. Twice the price for
compression joints.

Data sheets:
http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/28551.pdf

Aidan July 22nd 05 01:25 PM

wrote:
Anyone know where I can get a 50-100kW plate heat exhanger

Try SWEP for the heat exchanger; only got commercial ones from them, I
don't know if they'd do a small order.

Doctor Drivel July 22nd 05 02:23 PM

wrote in message

Anyone know where I can get a 50-100kW plate heat exhanger and flow switch
suitable for diy-ing (natch :-) a thermal store heat exchanger system at a
reasonable (i.e. low) price? DPS want about 100 for the heat x, 30 for the
switch, + VAT. Anywhere I could get a better price?

Try the on-line boiler spares sites. A couple of cheap combi plate heat
exchangers in parallel will probably do, and may work out far cheaper as
well.

[email protected] July 25th 05 01:27 AM

Doctor Drivel wrote:

wrote in message

Anyone know where I can get a 50-100kW plate heat exhanger and flow
switch suitable for diy-ing (natch :-) a thermal store heat exchanger
system at a reasonable (i.e. low) price? DPS want about 100 for the heat
x, 30 for the switch, + VAT. Anywhere I could get a better price?

Try the on-line boiler spares sites. A couple of cheap combi plate heat
exchangers in parallel will probably do, and may work out far cheaper as
well.

Hmmmn. On my planet the words 'boiler spares' and 'cheap' are invariably
accompanied by the word 'not'. Do you know soemwhere I can get two plate
heat exchangers for less than 100 of our Earth pounds?

[email protected] July 25th 05 01:31 AM

Andy Hall wrote:

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 08:48:02 GMT, wrote:

Anyone know where I can get a 50-100kW plate heat exhanger and flow switch
suitable for diy-ing (natch :-) a thermal store heat exchanger system at a
reasonable (i.e. low) price? DPS want about 100 for the heat x, 30 for the
switch, + VAT. Anywhere I could get a better price?

Heat exchangers are made by GEA. Try calling them and asking for
distributors.

---8---

Thanks, they're supposed to be getting back to me with prices.

And thanks Aidan

[email protected] July 25th 05 01:46 AM

wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 08:48:02 GMT,
wrote:

Anyone know where I can get a 50-100kW plate heat exhanger and flow
switch suitable for diy-ing (natch :-) a thermal store heat exchanger
system at a reasonable (i.e. low) price? DPS want about 100 for the heat
x, 30 for the switch, + VAT. Anywhere I could get a better price?

Heat exchangers are made by GEA. Try calling them and asking for
distributors.

---8---

Thanks, they're supposed to be getting back to me with prices.

And thanks Aidan

[Ooops, seem to have sent that while supposed to be editing.]
Was going to say, I think the SWEP Aidan mentioned was SWEP NORTH AMERICA
Duluth, GA 30096 who seem to do industrial etc and I guess are not the
small/cheap end of the market.

Thanks Doctor Drivel for the links to flow switches. I hadn't thought to
check RS & Farnell.

BTW is Doctor Drivel now the official latest John/Adam/IMM/Dr Evil
incarnation? And is it like Dr Who where someone else takes over the part
after each transmogrification? Maybe that would explain the CV: gas meter
designer, installer, rocket scientist, brain surgeon, sperm donor ....

Andy Hall July 25th 05 10:01 AM

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 00:46:02 GMT, wrote:

BTW is Doctor Drivel now the official latest John/Adam/IMM/Dr Evil
incarnation? And is it like Dr Who where someone else takes over the part
after each transmogrification? Maybe that would explain the CV: gas meter
designer, installer, rocket scientist, brain surgeon, sperm donor ....

The world can live with all of those but the last.....

Doctor Drivel July 25th 05 10:13 AM

wrote in message

Andy Hall wrote:

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 08:48:02 GMT,
wrote:

[...]

....and good looking, great singer, fabulous tango dancer, natty dresser and
the world's greatest poet.

Check Gledhill for a replacement plate heat exchanger for the smaller
Systemate/Boilermates. You never know.

Andy Hall July 25th 05 11:23 AM

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:13:34 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

...and good looking, great singer, fabulous tango dancer, natty dresser and
the world's greatest poet.

You forgot to mention your ability as an artist.

PC Paul July 25th 05 11:24 AM

Andy Hall wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 00:46:02 GMT, wrote:

BTW is Doctor Drivel now the official latest John/Adam/IMM/Dr Evil
incarnation? And is it like Dr Who where someone else takes over the
part after each transmogrification? Maybe that would explain the CV:
gas meter designer, installer, rocket scientist, brain surgeon,
sperm donor ....

The world can live with all of those but the last.....

Wasn't it sperm surgeon and brain donor?

Doctor Drivel July 25th 05 11:25 AM

wrote:

...and good looking, great singer, fabulous
tango dancer, natty dresser and
the world's greatest poet.

You forgot to mention your ability as an artist.

Thank you...a great painter too.

Doctor Drivel July 25th 05 11:30 AM

"PC Paul" wrote in message
o.uk...
Andy Hall wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 00:46:02 GMT, wrote:

BTW is Doctor Drivel now the official latest John/Adam/IMM/Dr Evil
incarnation? And is it like Dr Who where someone else takes over the
part after each transmogrification? Maybe that would explain the CV:
gas meter designer, installer, rocket scientist, brain surgeon,
sperm donor ....

The world can live with all of those but the last.....

Wasn't it sperm surgeon and brain donor?

They have sperm surgeons? Gosh.

PC Paul July 25th 05 11:52 AM

Doctor Drivel wrote:
"PC Paul" wrote in message
o.uk...
Andy Hall wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 00:46:02 GMT, wrote:

BTW is Doctor Drivel now the official latest John/Adam/IMM/Dr Evil
incarnation? And is it like Dr Who where someone else takes over
the part after each transmogrification? Maybe that would explain
the CV: gas meter designer, installer, rocket scientist, brain
surgeon, sperm donor ....

The world can live with all of those but the last.....

Wasn't it sperm surgeon and brain donor?

They have sperm surgeons? Gosh.

Not arguing with the brain donor then...

Doctor Drivel July 25th 05 11:57 AM

"PC Paul" wrote in message
.uk...
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"PC Paul" wrote in message
o.uk...
Andy Hall wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 00:46:02 GMT, wrote:

BTW is Doctor Drivel now the official latest John/Adam/IMM/Dr Evil
incarnation? And is it like Dr Who where someone else takes over
the part after each transmogrification? Maybe that would explain
the CV: gas meter designer, installer, rocket scientist, brain
surgeon, sperm donor ....

The world can live with all of those but the last.....

Wasn't it sperm surgeon and brain donor?

They have sperm surgeons? Gosh.

Not arguing with the brain donor then...

I'm afraid my knowledge will have to be imparted to others via more
traditional methods.

Andy Hall July 25th 05 01:03 PM

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:57:33 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"PC Paul" wrote in message
o.uk...
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"PC Paul" wrote in message
o.uk...
Andy Hall wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 00:46:02 GMT, wrote:

BTW is Doctor Drivel now the official latest John/Adam/IMM/Dr Evil
incarnation? And is it like Dr Who where someone else takes over
the part after each transmogrification? Maybe that would explain
the CV: gas meter designer, installer, rocket scientist, brain
surgeon, sperm donor ....

The world can live with all of those but the last.....

Wasn't it sperm surgeon and brain donor?

They have sperm surgeons? Gosh.

Not arguing with the brain donor then...

I'm afraid my knowledge will have to be imparted to others via more
traditional methods.

Great idea. Try carrier pigeon.

Doctor Drivel July 25th 05 01:39 PM

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:57:33 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"PC Paul" wrote in message
o.uk...
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"PC Paul" wrote in message
o.uk...
Andy Hall wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 00:46:02 GMT, wrote:

BTW is Doctor Drivel now the official latest John/Adam/IMM/Dr Evil
incarnation? And is it like Dr Who where someone else takes over
the part after each transmogrification? Maybe that would explain
the CV: gas meter designer, installer, rocket scientist, brain
surgeon, sperm donor ....

The world can live with all of those but the last.....

Wasn't it sperm surgeon and brain donor?

They have sperm surgeons? Gosh.

Not arguing with the brain donor then...

I'm afraid my knowledge will have to be imparted to others via more
traditional methods.

Great idea. Try carrier pigeon.

That is one methd, amonst others.

raden July 25th 05 10:19 PM

In message , PC Paul
writes
Andy Hall wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 00:46:02 GMT, wrote:

BTW is Doctor Drivel now the official latest John/Adam/IMM/Dr Evil
incarnation? And is it like Dr Who where someone else takes over the
part after each transmogrification? Maybe that would explain the CV:
gas meter designer, installer, rocket scientist, brain surgeon,
sperm donor ....

The world can live with all of those but the last.....

Wasn't it sperm surgeon and brain donor?

Brain donor ?

--
geoff

raden July 25th 05 10:19 PM

In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

And general ****wit

--
geoff

PC Paul July 25th 05 10:49 PM

raden wrote:
In message , PC
Paul writes
Andy Hall wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 00:46:02 GMT, wrote:

BTW is Doctor Drivel now the official latest John/Adam/IMM/Dr Evil
incarnation? And is it like Dr Who where someone else takes over
the part after each transmogrification? Maybe that would explain
the CV: gas meter designer, installer, rocket scientist, brain
surgeon, sperm donor ....

The world can live with all of those but the last.....

Wasn't it sperm surgeon and brain donor?

Brain donor ?

Well spotted.

I think the consensus is in on this one...

Doctor Drivel July 26th 05 12:05 AM

"raden" wrote in message
In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

[...]

Oh Maxie! What a surprise! You are envious aren't you? You notice no
Morris Dancing is there Maxie...and never will be.