Default Boiler problem: flushing a dual tube heat exchanger

Hi,

Does anyone know of a proffessional service for cleaning heat
exchangers?

I've got a Glowworm 18HXI condensing boiler. The system has only been
in 18 months, but I think I've managed to block the heat exchanger with
some debri whilst working on a radiator. It was fine before the
radiator work but since flushing and filling, now makes a terrible
howling/vibrating noise.

I've had the heat exchanger out and flushed it with i) mains pressure,
ii) a Kamco power flusher (without acids).

There was some improvement, but the noise has come back. It's not scale
as the heat exchanger appears shiny and clean + has only been in 18
months + suddenly the noise came on after radiator work.

The thing is the heat exchanger is micro bore and dual path? (two tubes
in parallel between flow and return). I didn't bung each tube in turn
so I reckon most of the flushing pressure would've bypassed any
blockage in the other tube. Silly mistake I know.

I'm thinking of hiring the Kamco unit again, and bunging each tube in
turn with a rubber stopper. However, this would be more money, and may
not work, which is why I was wondering if there might be a professional
service for this sort of thing!
Hope someone can help.

Best Regards,
Ryan.

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your reply. It's definitley not the pump as the noise dies
as soon as the burner cuts and the system is in pump overrun.

It's also not the flue fan as I checked that closely and the bearings
feel super smooth.

Cheers,
Ryan.

Thanks for the information Lee.

I'll certainly take another look at the pump. I did bleed it when
re-filling, but as you say, it's worth checking out again. The pump
axis is horizontal on our system so I hope any will escape easily.
Cheers,
Ryan.

Problem with Potterton Netaheat Electronic boiler -- clicks madly and refuses to start Ian Chapman UK diy 8 December 7th 04 12:10 AM
A quick question. Ian UK diy 12 February 29th 04 10:34 AM
Need Help with Gas Boiler Vent Problem! Karen Home Repair 0 December 15th 03 03:05 AM
Boiler problem - hot water, cold radiators Dan the man UK diy 9 October 7th 03 11:26 PM
heat exchanger calculations Ed Sirett UK diy 2 July 19th 03 12:49 AM