Christian McArdle

Default Anyone recommend a combi that works well on low water pressure?

Anyone know if it is possible to use some form of mains pressure
hot water cylinder that would not have its output flow rate capped
by the mains inlet flow rate?

Only using advanced nuclear physics to convert energy into matter.

One other alternative is to use a tank and pumps. If you are planning a
shower in the loft, this could be problematic due to the head being above
the tank water level.

Then you have the choice of replacing your water main with something decent
such as 25mm MDPE (assuming good street pressure), or using a pressurised
storage tank, as would normally be found on a well system. This basically
involves fitting a well type water system, but rather than putting it in a
well, putting it in a small tank filled from your puny mains supply. The
pump in the well system keeps the outlet water pressure at a nice high
pressure and just tops the tank off slowly when the level drops too much.

Could be expensive, though.

Christian.

John Rumm

Christian McArdle wrote:

Then you have the choice of replacing your water main with something decent
such as 25mm MDPE (assuming good street pressure), or using a pressurised

This may be well worth doing. I have a feeling the mains pressure is
still fairly poor - but obviously the flow rate limitation is not as
great. The current incoming pipe looks to be 1/2" copper - and I would
not be supprised if its a bit constricted by now either.

storage tank, as would normally be found on a well system. This basically
involves fitting a well type water system, but rather than putting it in a
well, putting it in a small tank filled from your puny mains supply. The
pump in the well system keeps the outlet water pressure at a nice high
pressure and just tops the tank off slowly when the level drops too much.

Could be expensive, though.

Yup - sounds it!

--
Cheers,

John.

IMM

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...

Anyone know if it is possible to use some form of mains pressure
hot water cylinder that would not have its output flow rate capped
by the mains inlet flow rate?

Only using advanced nuclear physics to convert energy into matter.

Well this must be it then.
http://www.gah.co.uk/

As long as you have a water "pressure" of approx 0.8 bar then this works
well.

Combi's: Ferrolli Modena and Dominia and the Ariston Microgenus all operate
on very low pressu 0.1 bar on the Dominia (the lowest of any combi)

Whatever you do, look into getting the mains uprated to 15mm blue plastic.

---

Christian McArdle

Whatever you do, look into getting the mains uprated to 15mm blue plastic.

If I was spending the time, effort and money to upgrade my mains, I would
put in something like 25mm MDPE, which will cost hardly any extra.

Christian.

Muddy Paws

There is a unit available that is basically a sealed cold water tank, very
similar to an expansion vessel but much larger and suitable for potable
water. If the standing pressure (with all outlets closed) is Ok this will
provide a quantity of water at a useable pressure. I cannot recall maker
etc, it was just lurking in the corner of the centre where I did my unvented
training, if anyone is seriously interested I can contact them for details

--
Muddy Paws
(remove muddy paws to reply)
"IMM" wrote in message

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...
Whatever you do, look into getting the mains uprated to 15mm blue

plastic.

If I was spending the time, effort and money to upgrade my mains, I

would
put in something like 25mm MDPE, which will cost hardly any extra.

typo: 25mm

---

IMM

"Muddy Paws" wrote in message
There is a unit available that is basically a sealed cold water tank, very
similar to an expansion vessel but much larger and suitable for potable
water. If the standing pressure (with all outlets closed) is Ok this will
provide a quantity of water at a useable pressure. I cannot recall maker
etc, it was just lurking in the corner of the centre where I did my

unvented
training, if anyone is seriously interested I can contact them for details

I gave the URL

---

Mains Pressure Unvented Systems Kevin Campbell UK diy 13 August 14th 03 02:38 PM
Low water pressure and stop tap? Simom UK diy 1 July 24th 03 06:19 PM
high combi pressure willsniffer UK diy 3 July 23rd 03 07:48 PM
combi boiler pressure down - help please One Man Show UK diy 3 July 23rd 03 07:30 PM
No pressure in Hot water tap!!! Help The Question Asker UK diy 8 July 21st 03 09:47 PM