Arthur

Default basin taps combo

Hi all.
I have a 2 hole wash basin in the bathroom.
has anyone coma across a set of taps that consist of
a hot/cold mixer alongside of a conventional cold tap?

Thanks.

Arthur

BigWallop

"Arthur" wrote in message
Hi all.
I have a 2 hole wash basin in the bathroom.
has anyone coma across a set of taps that consist of
a hot/cold mixer alongside of a conventional cold tap?

Thanks.

Arthur

I once had to fit a monobloc mixer through one tap hole, and a spray head
for hair washing through the other hole. Is this type of idea any good to
you?

The spray head was made from a dishwashing spray with a push button to
demand water and ran from the same two cold and hot supplies as the monobloc
tap, which kept the temperature right.

Arthur

"BigWallop" wrote in message
. uk...

"Arthur" wrote in message
Hi all.
I have a 2 hole wash basin in the bathroom.
has anyone coma across a set of taps that consist of
a hot/cold mixer alongside of a conventional cold tap?

Thanks.

Arthur

I once had to fit a monobloc mixer through one tap hole, and a spray head
for hair washing through the other hole. Is this type of idea any good to
you?

The spray head was made from a dishwashing spray with a push button to
demand water and ran from the same two cold and hot supplies as the
monobloc
tap, which kept the temperature right.

I'm really looking for what is a stand-alone one-hole mixer tap with
matching standard tap.

Thanks.

Arthur

Ed Sirett

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 18:28:16 +0000, Arthur wrote:

"BigWallop" wrote in message
. uk...

"Arthur" wrote in message
Hi all.
I have a 2 hole wash basin in the bathroom.
has anyone coma across a set of taps that consist of
a hot/cold mixer alongside of a conventional cold tap?

Thanks.

Arthur

I once had to fit a monobloc mixer through one tap hole, and a spray head
for hair washing through the other hole. Is this type of idea any good to
you?

The spray head was made from a dishwashing spray with a push button to
demand water and ran from the same two cold and hot supplies as the
monobloc
tap, which kept the temperature right.

I'm really looking for what is a stand-alone one-hole mixer tap with
matching standard tap.

Whilst there is no problem sourcing [1] a monobloc mixer and normal tap to
match the problem is installing it.

The hole for the monobloc will be about 35mm which will be the hole size
in a 'one hole' basin.

The holes for the two hole basins will be clearance on 1/2" BSP. which is
like around 23-25mm. You might be able to make the hole bigger with a
diamond drill but you need to make sure there is a large enough flat area
under the basin to connect the monobloc.

HTH

[1] Catalogues (on and off line) have families of taps in a good number
of styles.

Arthur

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 18:28:16 +0000, Arthur wrote:

"BigWallop" wrote in message
. uk...

"Arthur" wrote in message
[...]

thanks for the warning, Ed.

Owain

Arthur wrote:
I'm really looking for what is a stand-alone one-hole mixer tap with
matching standard tap.

The holes for the two hole basins will be clearance on 1/2" BSP. which is
like around 23-25mm. You might be able to make the hole bigger with a
diamond drill but you need to make sure there is a large enough flat area
under the basin to connect the monobloc.

thanks for the warning, Ed.

If you're wanting this because you want a separate tap for potable water
at the basin, you might be able to use a thermostatic mixing/blending
valve combining H&C to one single tap for warm water at a preset
temperature for washing purposes, and the other single tap for potable
water.

If you have another application in mind other suggestions may be
forthcoming if you can say why you want to do this.

Owain

Arthur

"Owain" wrote in message
Arthur wrote:
I'm really looking for what is a stand-alone one-hole mixer tap with
matching standard tap.
The holes for the two hole basins will be clearance on 1/2" BSP. which is
like around 23-25mm. You might be able to make the hole bigger with a
diamond drill but you need to make sure there is a large enough flat area
under the basin to connect the monobloc.

thanks for the warning, Ed.

If you're wanting this because you want a separate tap for potable water
at the basin, you might be able to use a thermostatic mixing/blending
valve combining H&C to one single tap for warm water at a preset
temperature for washing purposes, and the other single tap for potable
water.

If you have another application in mind other suggestions may be
forthcoming if you can say why you want to do this.

Owain

I want the mixer to be a tap under which we can wash our hands etc under
warm/hot water.
The cold for both taps is mains supplied.

Arthur

Arthur

"Arthur" wrote in message

"Owain" wrote in message
Arthur wrote:
[...]

I assume the mixer would have the long beak shaped handle (vertical and
lateral movement) jobs.

John Rumm

Arthur wrote:

I want the mixer to be a tap under which we can wash our hands etc under
warm/hot water.
The cold for both taps is mains supplied.

How about two ordinary taps, but with the feed to the hot one coming
froma thermostatic blending valve so that it only delivers hand hot water?

--
Cheers,

John.

Ed Sirett

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 01:33:59 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

Arthur wrote:

I want the mixer to be a tap under which we can wash our hands etc under
warm/hot water.
The cold for both taps is mains supplied.

How about two ordinary taps, but with the feed to the hot one coming
froma thermostatic blending valve so that it only delivers hand hot water?

Or even the same with a monobloc mixer fed with hot or blended hot and
mains cold. Nearly all the mixer taps these days are bi-flow and suitable
for connection to potable supplies - but check just in case.

Arthur

news

Arthur wrote:

I want the mixer to be a tap under which we can wash our hands etc under
warm/hot water.
The cold for both taps is mains supplied.

How about two ordinary taps, but with the feed to the hot one coming
froma thermostatic blending valve so that it only delivers hand hot
water?

Or even the same with a monobloc mixer fed with hot or blended hot and
mains cold. Nearly all the mixer taps these days are bi-flow and suitable
for connection to potable supplies - but check just in case.

Sorry for delay in replying.

I have a monobloc mixer on the kitchen sink, as in 2 tap tails close
together through a single hole.
So I'm hoping that a wash basin equivelant will fit through a hole in a
regular 2 hole basin.

Arthur

Ed Sirett

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 21:46:33 +0000, Arthur wrote:

news

Arthur wrote:

I want the mixer to be a tap under which we can wash our hands etc under
warm/hot water.
The cold for both taps is mains supplied.

How about two ordinary taps, but with the feed to the hot one coming
froma thermostatic blending valve so that it only delivers hand hot
water?

Or even the same with a monobloc mixer fed with hot or blended hot and
mains cold. Nearly all the mixer taps these days are bi-flow and suitable
for connection to potable supplies - but check just in case.

Sorry for delay in replying.

I have a monobloc mixer on the kitchen sink, as in 2 tap tails close
together through a single hole.
So I'm hoping that a wash basin equivelant will fit through a hole in a
regular 2 hole basin.

As per previous posts the monoblock holes are 35mm the 2-hole basins are
clearance ion 1/2" BSP around 23-25mm.

Arthur

Revisiting my post of a couple of weeks ago.

Hopefully, one of these will do for me.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/index.nsf/p...Sink_Mixer_Tap

Arthur

Fitting of half pedestal wash basin Justin Time UK diy 0 January 4th 05 12:46 PM
Replacing taps. Mary Pegg UK diy 7 July 3rd 04 01:42 PM
Old bath taps Mary Fisher UK diy 14 December 11th 03 10:35 PM
Taps on basin keep moving John Stumbles UK diy 1 August 12th 03 08:42 AM
Champagne mixer basin taps Martin UK diy 5 July 14th 03 09:48 AM