Ed Sirett

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 18:28:16 +0000, Arthur wrote:

"BigWallop" wrote in message
. uk...

"Arthur" wrote in message
Hi all.
I have a 2 hole wash basin in the bathroom.
has anyone coma across a set of taps that consist of
a hot/cold mixer alongside of a conventional cold tap?

Thanks.

Arthur

I once had to fit a monobloc mixer through one tap hole, and a spray head
for hair washing through the other hole. Is this type of idea any good to
you?

The spray head was made from a dishwashing spray with a push button to
demand water and ran from the same two cold and hot supplies as the
monobloc
tap, which kept the temperature right.

I'm really looking for what is a stand-alone one-hole mixer tap with
matching standard tap.

Whilst there is no problem sourcing [1] a monobloc mixer and normal tap to
match the problem is installing it.

The hole for the monobloc will be about 35mm which will be the hole size
in a 'one hole' basin.

The holes for the two hole basins will be clearance on 1/2" BSP. which is
like around 23-25mm. You might be able to make the hole bigger with a
diamond drill but you need to make sure there is a large enough flat area
under the basin to connect the monobloc.

HTH

[1] Catalogues (on and off line) have families of taps in a good number
of styles.