Doctor Evil

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .
Doctor Evil wrote:

They are not. There are many different types of units. Some use FM

radio
signals, others AM, other different again.

So I could simply play Radio 4

snip total madness

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Doctor Evil

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
. ..

Doctor Evil wrote:

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
. ..
Mike Deblis wrote:

Is there any evidence at all that these
"electronic" scale inhibitors work at all?

None.

Mine works

snip tripe

MINE WORKS!!!

No

snip total madness

When are you ****ing off to Italy? Please go soon.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Doctor Evil

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Doctor Evil
writes

FFS!
Read and re-read replies by Christian and dennis above.
Read replies from Dr. Evil only for their entertainment value. If

this
is an on-line community, then Dr. Evil fills the role of our village
idiot.

I'm an electronic engineer by degree, and a scientist by profession, so

I'm
deeply sceptical about these electronic gizmos which basically seem to

be
just a 555 oscillator and a couple of coils;

They are not. There are many different types of units. Some use FM

radio
signals, others AM,

Capital radio's best for soft water

Maxie, it is?

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Doctor Evil

MIke Deblis wrote:

"Aidan" wrote in message
oups.com...

We live near Tonbridge in Kent, which is a hard water area. We are

putting

in UFH, and the supplier is recommending a softener - they are

suggesting

either a "Salamander Electrolytic Scale Inhibitor" (approx 170 quid),

or

"Genus SD500 metered high-flow water softener" (approx. 490 quid).

FFS!
Read and re-read replies by Christian and dennis above.
Read replies from Dr. Evil only for their entertainment value. If this
is an on-line community, then Dr. Evil fills the role of our village
idiot.

I'm an electronic engineer by degree, and a scientist by profession, so

I'm
deeply sceptical about these electronic gizmos which basically seem to

be
just a 555 oscillator and a couple of coils; about £1.50 worth of bits

(if
that)...

I have no intention of using one, but wanted to know what the real-world
experiences were.

We are using a complex geothermal heating system from Ice Energy, and

the
UFH should not need softenting - the question is whether it's worth

doing it
for the house - the missus and daughter might like it, and compared with

the
expense of the geothermal stuff, it's insignificant...

What you spend on salt, you save on soap.

A bar of soap that used to last a couple of weeks now last months..

No furred up taps either wit seals going from lime deposists.

I get through about £1 a week on salt - we are profligate with all water
here.

£52 a year to run and many, many £100s to install. Wow!

dennis@home

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message

Is there any evidence at all that these
"electronic" scale inhibitors work at all?

None.

Mine works

Its easy enough to prove.

What is the hardness of the water on the inlet side?
What is it on the outlet side?

I will put my bet on "there is no difference".

You can get it tested by the water suppliers if you want.

Aidan

PS

"You'd only need treated (de-ionized) water for the initial fill if
there were a requirement to use anti-freeze..."

By this I meant the usual propylene or ethylene glycol antifreeze
mixtures. I believe that excessively hard water will be detrimental to
the corrosion inhibitors in most commercial anti-freeze solutions.

I think the Ice Energy system is a ground source heat pump and the
underground heat source pipes are filed with a water & anti-freeze
mixture. I think they use an alcohol as the anti-freeze & don't know
what their requirements for the water quality are.

s--p--o--n--i--x

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 16:47:40 +0100, "Doctor Evil"
wrote:

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
et...
Are these reasonable options? Is there any evidence at all that these
"electronic" scale inhibitors work at all?

None whatsoever, unless you consider
"working" in terms of making their
inventors very rich by supplying a

Stop making thing up. I have one and it works.

No, it doesn't.

Please provide a link to any independant studies that show these
things working.

sponix
s--p--o--n--i--x

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 18:02:58 +0100, "Doctor Evil"
wrote:

Mine works

I bet you have one of those plug in pest eliminator thingumies that
they sell on the shopping channels. You know, you plug them in and it
apparently turns your ring main into an invisible force field.

sponix
s--p--o--n--i--x

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 22:54:16 +0100, "Doctor Evil"
wrote:

There is lots of evidence they work.

Where?

All I have been able to find is sales blurb generated by the companies
that sell them.

Please link to an independant scientific report that shows these
things are worthwhile.

sponix
Christian McArdle

I bet you have one of those plug in pest eliminator thingumies that
they sell on the shopping channels. You know, you plug them in and it
apparently turns your ring main into an invisible force field.

Nah he couldn't afford it after he spent all that cash on a fuel line
conditioner that improves your fuel efficiency by 30%.

Christian.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Doctor Evil wrote:
You could also try casting a spell.

You could also stop making things up. I have one and it WORKS!!!!!!
Nothing worse than a know-it-all.

I've got an electronic elephant scarer in my back garden and that works
well too.

--
*On the other hand, you have different fingers.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Doctor Evil

"dennis@home" wrote in message
k...

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message

Is there any evidence at all that these
"electronic" scale inhibitors work at all?

None.

Mine works

Its easy enough to prove.

What is the hardness of the water on the inlet side?
What is it on the outlet side?

I will put my bet on "there is no difference".

Since when have you been in my place? It takes away scale. IT WORKS. Are
you hard of thinking?

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Doctor Evil

wrote:

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
et...
Are these reasonable options? Is there any evidence at all that these
"electronic" scale inhibitors work at all?

None whatsoever, unless you consider
"working" in terms of making their
inventors very rich by supplying a

Stop making thing up. I have one and it works.

No, it doesn't.

Please provide a link to any independant studies that show these
things working.

MINE WORKS. I don't need someone else to tell it works. Do you get an
independent man to tell if your car moves?

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Doctor Evil

wrote:

Mine works

I bet you have one of those
plug in pest eliminator thingumies that
they sell on the shopping channels.
You know, you plug them in and it
apparently turns your ring main into
an invisible force field.

No, because I am not an idiot. How does yours work?

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Doctor Evil

wrote:

There is lots of evidence they work.

Where?

Me.

Also do a Google on this ng. Enough comes up. Ignore the same idiot trolls,
who have never seen one and say they don't work.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download

RichardS

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Doctor Evil wrote:
You could also try casting a spell.

You could also stop making things up. I have one and it WORKS!!!!!!
Nothing worse than a know-it-all.

I've got an electronic elephant scarer in my back garden and that works
well too.

What is it - a radio controlled mouse?

you really shouldn't scare elephants, you know. they're very sensitive
creatures & have long memories.....

--
Richard Sampson

mail me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk

Christian McArdle

You could also stop making things up. I have one and it WORKS!!!!!!
Nothing worse than a know-it-all.

I've got an electronic elephant scarer in my back garden and that
works well too.

Not had many elephants round recently? It really must be very effective. Can
I buy one?

Christian.

Doctor Evil

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
t...

You could also stop making things up. I have one and it WORKS!!!!!!
Nothing worse than a know-it-all.

I've got an electronic elephant scarer in my back garden and that
works well too.

Not had many elephants round recently?
It really must be very effective. Can
I buy one?

Find out if it uses too many batteries first. Have you developed the caber
tossing technique yet?

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
John Anderton

wrote:

There is lots of evidence they work.

Where?

Me.

Also do a Google on this ng. Enough comes up. Ignore the same idiot trolls,
who have never seen one and say they don't work.

I've tried a google and I find exactly one poster who claims they work
for mains water (i.e. not in a closed loop like CH)

Have a guess who that one person is ?

Cheers,

John
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Doctor Evil wrote:
Also do a Google on this ng. Enough comes up. Ignore the same idiot
trolls, who have never seen one and say they don't work.

A Google search will show you're pretty well the only one who says they
work - despite the hundreds saying they don't *and* explaining why.

Perhaps you simply live in a soft water area? And it's gone to your head?

--
*I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Doctor Evil

Doctor Evil wrote:
Also do a Google on this ng. Enough comes up. Ignore the same idiot
trolls, who have never seen one and say they don't work.

A Google search will show you're pretty
well the only one who says they
work

It doesn't at all, look again. How is the electric caber going?

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Doctor Evil wrote:
You could also stop making things up. I have one and it WORKS!!!!!!
Nothing worse than a know-it-all.
I've got an electronic elephant scarer in my back garden and that
works well too.

Not had many elephants round recently? It really must be very
effective. Can I buy one?

Find out if it uses too many batteries first.

Solar powered.

Have you developed the
caber tossing technique yet?

Well, elephants are good with trunks.

--
*Many people quit looking for work when they find a job *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
John Rumm

Doctor Evil wrote:

Some use FM radio
signals, others AM

The difference between unmodulated FM and AM being?

(or do you need to connect an audio source as well?)

--
Cheers,

John.

John Rumm

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk wrote:

Radio waves however modulated (of which I can see absolutely no point
of amplitude modulation as frequency remains constant) would not even
reach the water.

Yes the pipe should act as a nice Faraday cage.

(Minor unrelated point for the truly pedantic, but the frequency of an
Amplitude Modulated signal will not remain constant because the waveform
will no longer be sinusoidal (otherwise it would use effectively zero
bandwidth))

--
Cheers,

John.

s--p--o--n--i--x

wrote:

Mine works

I bet you have one of those
plug in pest eliminator thingumies that
they sell on the shopping channels.
You know, you plug them in and it
apparently turns your ring main into
an invisible force field.

No, because I am not an idiot. How does yours work?

Of course it works! I have no rats in my house so of course it works!
LOL!

sponix
Doctor Evil

Doctor Evil wrote:
You could also stop making things up. I have one and it WORKS!!!!!!
Nothing worse than a know-it-all.
I've got an electronic elephant scarer in my back garden and that
works well too.

Not had many elephants round recently? It really must be very
effective. Can I buy one?

Find out if it uses too many batteries first.

Solar powered.

Wow! Solar powered elephant repelling cabers.

Have you developed the
caber tossing technique yet?

Well, elephants are good with trunks.

How about suitcases?

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Doctor Evil

wrote:

Mine works

I bet you have one of those
plug in pest eliminator thingumies that
they sell on the shopping channels.
You know, you plug them in and it
apparently turns your ring main into
an invisible force field.

No, because I am not an idiot.
How does yours work?

Of course it works! I have no rats in
my house so of course it works!
LOL!

That's logical. Will this force field heat your water too?

dennis@home

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message

"dennis@home" wrote in message
k...

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message

Is there any evidence at all that these
"electronic" scale inhibitors work at all?

None.

Mine works

Its easy enough to prove.

What is the hardness of the water on the inlet side?
What is it on the outlet side?

I will put my bet on "there is no difference".

Since when have you been in my place? It takes away scale. IT WORKS.

Placebos work too.

Are you hard of thinking?

No but I think I have found someone who is.

raden

In message , s--p--o--n--i--x
writes
wrote:

Mine works

I bet you have one of those plug in pest eliminator thingumies that
they sell on the shopping channels. You know, you plug them in and it
apparently turns your ring main into an invisible force field.

Don't be silly

If he had one, do you think he would still be here ?

--
geoff

raden

In message , Doctor Evil
writes

wrote:

Mine works

I bet you have one of those
plug in pest eliminator thingumies that
they sell on the shopping channels.
You know, you plug them in and it
apparently turns your ring main into
an invisible force field.

No, because I am not an idiot.

You're in a minority of one there

--
geoff
raden

In message , Doctor Evil
writes

Doctor Evil wrote:

They are not. There are many different types of units. Some use FM

radio
signals, others AM, other different again.

So I could simply play Radio 4

snip total madness

You're more likely to get Madness on Radio 1 or 2

--
geoff
raden

In message , John
Rumm writes
Doctor Evil wrote:

Some use FM radio
signals, others AM

The difference between unmodulated FM and AM being?

A straight line ?

--
geoff
raden

In message , Doctor Evil
writes

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Evil wrote:

Some use FM radio
signals, others AM

The difference between unmodulated FM and AM being?

Oh a quiz.

OK dIMM, what does unmodulated AM and FM look like ?

I'm serious here

(although I hope to have a laugh at your answer )

--
geoff
Doctor Evil

"dennis@home" wrote in message
k...

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message

"dennis@home" wrote in message
k...

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message

Is there any evidence at all that these
"electronic" scale inhibitors work at all?

None.

Mine works

Its easy enough to prove.

What is the hardness of the water on the inlet side?
What is it on the outlet side?

I will put my bet on "there is no difference".

Since when have you been in my place? It takes away scale. IT WORKS.

Placebos work too.

They don't.

Are you hard of thinking?

No but I think I have found someone who is.

You are hard of thinking. That is clear.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download

Doctor Evil

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Doctor Evil
writes

wrote:

Mine works

I bet you have one of those
plug in pest eliminator thingumies that
they sell on the shopping channels.
You know, you plug them in and it
apparently turns your ring main into
an invisible force field.

No, because I am not an idiot.

You're in a minority of one there

Must be Maxie. All around are fools.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
OldBill

raden wrote:
In message , Doctor Evil
writes

"John Rumm" wrote in message

Doctor Evil wrote:

Some use FM radio
signals, others AM

The difference between unmodulated FM and AM being?

Oh a quiz.

OK dIMM, what does unmodulated AM and FM look like ?

Uh? they don't LOOK like anything because they aren't in the visible
spectrum?
raden

In message , OldBill
writes
raden wrote:
In message , Doctor Evil
writes

"John Rumm" wrote in message

Doctor Evil wrote:

Some use FM radio
signals, others AM

The difference between unmodulated FM and AM being?

Oh a quiz.

OK dIMM, what does unmodulated AM and FM look like ?

Uh? they don't LOOK like anything because they aren't in the visible
spectrum?

They can be

You know good and well what I mean

--
geoff
Mike

"raden" wrote in message
Doctor Evil wrote:

Some use FM radio
signals, others AM

The difference between unmodulated FM and AM being?

Oh a quiz.

OK dIMM, what does unmodulated AM and FM look like ?

Uh? they don't LOOK like anything because they aren't in the visible
spectrum?

They can be

You know good and well what I mean

I doubt if he does actually :-)

raden

In message , Mike
writes

"raden" wrote in message
Doctor Evil wrote:

Some use FM radio
signals, others AM

The difference between unmodulated FM and AM being?

Oh a quiz.

OK dIMM, what does unmodulated AM and FM look like ?

Uh? they don't LOOK like anything because they aren't in the visible
spectrum?

They can be

You know good and well what I mean

I doubt if he does actually :-)