Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
AlexW

Default Budget Table Saws...

My McKeller/Focus table saw (worst tool #5 in another thread) got
returned at the weekend.

They gave me my money back when I explained that I would accept a
replacement but only one that did not posess /any/ of the three faults
it had, I offered to open up a few boxes but they did not seem too keen,
so...

I am looking for a 10" table saw, spec as follows:

o Decent quality/results, given price limits.
o Table around 650mm by 450mm (or more).
o Rip fence clamping to both sides of the table, not just T-square type.
o Mitre fence with protractor.
o Stand option pref'd
o Router insert would be a nice to have.
o Dust extract port.
o 230v

Budget is "around" £100-£150

I have seen the following models:

SIP 07817 - but where to buy?
Charnwoord W610 - v. sim to SIP really.
Clarke CTS10PLM - more expensive & no router insert I think?

Anyone have exp of these or other models which fit the bill?

TIA,

Alex.

Two Table Saws - NC/SC J T Woodworking 0 November 27th 04 04:37 AM
General International Table Saw Dimensions Bruce Woodworking 8 February 22nd 04 04:53 AM
Benchtop Table Saws: Ridgid TS2400 vs Bosch 4000 Chris E Forest Woodworking 3 December 19th 03 03:13 PM
Table Saws at Costco or Sam's Club??? nickelpar Woodworking 6 December 14th 03 02:37 PM
Craftsman Table Saws KirkH Woodworking 21 November 15th 03 11:43 PM