Joe AutoDrill

Default Building Business Question

Anyone have a favorite Web Site to send your press releases to? i.e. one
that accepts new product or service news?

Manufacturingtalk.com is a good one I sometimes visit and send items to, but
I'm sure there are more I'm not aware of...

Just looking to virtually network a bit here...

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
http://www.AutoDrill.com
http://www.Multi-Drill.com

V8013

Anthony

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in

I don't suggest spamming Joe,
But AMC (alt.machines.cnc) is a group more directed at the professional
machine shop owners/employees. Getting to know folks over there may not be
a bad idea.

--
Anthony

better idiots.

Remove sp to reply via email
Joe

I don't suggest spamming Joe,
But AMC (alt.machines.cnc) is a group more directed at the professional
machine shop owners/employees. Getting to know folks over there may not be
a bad idea.

If you are suggesting that my post was apam, then I suggest you check your
facts. I'm not spamming the group, I was asking a legitimate question. I
have no affiliation with the page I talked about at all other than the fact
that my releases have and are covered there sometimes.

If you are suggesting that I not spam qwith my press releases, you are 100-%
correct. Spam will kill an online reputation very quickly!

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
http://www.autodrill.com
http://www.multi-drill.com

V8013

Know someone with a motorcycle in the NY Metro area?
http://host.mynocdns.com/mailman/lis...rides_yunx.com

"Anthony" wrote in message
"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in

I don't suggest spamming Joe,
But AMC (alt.machines.cnc) is a group more directed at the professional
machine shop owners/employees. Getting to know folks over there may not be
a bad idea.

--
Anthony

better idiots.

Remove sp to reply via email

Vaughn

"Joe" wrote in message
newswJ_d.9801$I16.5872@trndny03...
I don't suggest spamming Joe,
But AMC (alt.machines.cnc) is a group more directed at the professional
machine shop owners/employees. Getting to know folks over there may not be
a bad idea.

If you are suggesting that my post was apam, then I

Yes, that is exactly what it is...well not apam, but spam.

Vaughn

PrecisionMachinisT

"Joe" wrote in message
newswJ_d.9801$I16.5872@trndny03...
I don't suggest spamming Joe,
But AMC (alt.machines.cnc) is a group more directed at the professional
machine shop owners/employees. Getting to know folks over there may not

be
a bad idea.

If you are suggesting that my post was spam, then I suggest you check your
facts. I'm not spamming the group, I was asking a legitimate question. I
have no affiliation with the page I talked about at all other than the

fact
that my releases have and are covered there sometimes.

Joe,

Calm down !!!

To me it appeared much more like an invite to visit the mentioned group than
any accusation of spamming.

And a reminder that if you do appear to be spamming, others will generally
let you know about it rather quickly.

--

SVL

Dan Murphy

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in

Anyone have a favorite Web Site to send your press releases to? i.e.
one that accepts new product or service news?

Here's one: http://www.screwmachineworld.com/newproducts/

Not a bad mag to put an ad in BTW. In fact most of the trade mags will take
press releases and usually have an area for "New Products", where the press
releases are more often than not published verbatum. The other thing you
could do is get a small booth at say the PMTS show. There is a press room
at every show where you can leave product info and press releases. You can
also hold a small press conference at your booth and invite the trade mags.
I'll bet Ed Huntress could give you some good advice on this stuff. PMTS
would be a good venue as it's geared toward screw machines and higher
volume production. http://www.pmts.com/ . You should also think about
becoming a Tech Member of PMPA. It would give you a chance to network with
your target audience. They also operate several listserves, which provide
you with the opportunity to give and recieve advise. Recently there was a
post asking for a recommendation for a multi spindle drill head
manufacturer.

Manufacturingtalk.com is a good one I sometimes visit and send items
to, but I'm sure there are more I'm not aware of...

Just looking to virtually network a bit here...

I don't know if any of that helps you or not. In any case good luck.

Dan
Joe

If you are suggesting that my post was apam, then I

Yes, that is exactly what it is...well not apam, but spam.

Vaughn - I don't get ticked off too easily, but this is a hot button for
me... So forgive me in advance if my post starts to sound like I've got a
chip on my shoulder. I really don't mean it to come across that way.

Now.. I've been very anti-spam (spelled correctly this time around) for a
few years now and really can't see how me posting a genuine inquiry to metal
workers asking where they advertise their businesses via press releases
constitutes spam as defined by any rational Usenet user...

I'm not hawking my goods. I'm not even talking about my product at all.
I'm not sending anyone to my web site or to a web site that I have an
"agreement" with in any shape or form. I simply asked if, and I quote,
"Anyone have a favorite Web Site to send your press releases to? i.e. one
that accepts new product or service news?" I then mentioned one (of about a
hundred) I know of that fits the criteria...

How is that considered an internet eMail chain, unsolicited commercial
email, unsolicited bulk email, etc... i.e. spam?
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
http://www.autodrill.com
http://www.multi-drill.com

V8013

Know someone with a motorcycle in the NY Metro area?
http://host.mynocdns.com/mailman/lis...rides_yunx.com

Joe

You've set a pretty low threshold for spam, Vaughn. Joe's
products are of interest to at least some of us here. I've
used stuff from his competition in the past, and will
certainly consider his products in the future.

Ned - Thank you for the backing... but to be honest, my main goal for
visiting here is not to advertise my items. Hopefully, that happens
everywhere I go with my sig file (content relevant to where I post normally
unless I mess up and use the wrong one!)

Now... Which product did you want me to tell everyone about? grin
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
http://www.autodrill.com
http://www.multi-drill.com

V8013

Know someone with a motorcycle in the NY Metro area?
http://host.mynocdns.com/mailman/lis...rides_yunx.com

Joe

Calm down !!!

Good advice... Thank you.

To me it appeared much more like an invite to visit the mentioned group
than
any accusation of spamming.

Msot of what I do is not really compatible with CNC because of the tool
changer "lifestyle" those folks live in, etc... But the poster certainyl
has a point that those folks probably do mroe business like mine than the
folks here might... Commercial large production stuff that is. I know
there are folks here who do it, but I bet everyone with a CNC looks for high
volume jobs only VS a one-off project like so many here enjoy, etc.

And a reminder that if you do appear to be spamming, others will generally
let you know about it rather quickly.

Hopefully so. As someone who gets 400+ eMails a day and most of it spam...
I appreciate it.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
http://www.autodrill.com
http://www.multi-drill.com

V8013

Know someone with a motorcycle in the NY Metro area?
http://host.mynocdns.com/mailman/lis...rides_yunx.com

Joe

I would suggest sending press releases to related trade magazines, or local
papers.

We hit a lot of them already... But the general opinion is that the trade
magazines and journals are slowly shrinking into uselessness. There are a
number of good ones out there still - and I pay to advertise in a few
(affordable ones!) but we also receive 5 useless "packing material"
publications for every useful one these days, and my industry is not that
complext that they are simply off topic...

Papers... Maybe if I lived in an area that hada very high number of shops
or something, but I'm not sure anyone would look in a newspaper for a
non-home use metalworking tool. Do you have any insight into this I can
learn from? Maybe I'm missing something. ...Always looking to learn!

Bottom line is that I've only been heavily involved in the industry for the
past 2 years or so... Befoer that, it was all influential learning from my
father as a kid... These days, I read all I can here and the woodworking
group to learn as much as I can as fast as I can about the industries,
tooling, machines, thought processes, trends, etc. If I don't learn
quickly, I will surely find myself in trouble everytime someone calls on me
to provide something as a supposed expert.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
http://www.autodrill.com
http://www.multi-drill.com

V8013

Know someone with a motorcycle in the NY Metro area?
http://host.mynocdns.com/mailman/lis...rides_yunx.com

Joe

SNIP
I don't know if any of that helps you or not. In any case good luck.

That was by far, the most helpful response to date. (consider that a
challenge folks grin)

Thank you. I'll take a look at it in detial after I get some sleep!

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
http://www.autodrill.com
http://www.multi-drill.com

V8013

Know someone with a motorcycle in the NY Metro area?
http://host.mynocdns.com/mailman/lis...rides_yunx.com

Tony

Joe,

If I were you I would advertise with Yahoo's Overture service and Google
adwords. Select keywords relevant to your product, such as drill press,
machine tool, etc. You pay per click, typically around $.10. You set up an
account online. It's a great way to target a specific market.

Good Luck,

Tony

"Joe" wrote in message
[...]

Joe

If I were you I would advertise with Yahoo's Overture service and Google
adwords. Select keywords relevant to your product, such as drill press,
machine tool, etc. You pay per click, typically around $.10. You set up
an
account online. It's a great way to target a specific market.

Great advice. I sent you a private eMail (responded to yours) with our
basic strategy here... But it bounced.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
http://www.autodrill.com
http://www.multi-drill.com

V8013

Know someone with a motorcycle in the NY Metro area?
http://host.mynocdns.com/mailman/lis...rides_yunx.com

Anthony

"Joe" wrote in
newswJ_d.9801$I16.5872@trndny03:

If you are suggesting that my post was apam, then I suggest you check
your facts. I'm not spamming the group, I was asking a legitimate
question. I have no affiliation with the page I talked about at all
other than the fact that my releases have and are covered there
sometimes.

If you are suggesting that I not spam qwith my press releases, you are
100-% correct. Spam will kill an online reputation very quickly!

Joe, Calm down and type...
If I had been accusing you of spamming, it would have been blunt and to
the point.
What that post was about, was an invite to join discussions in amc, as a
participant, but not an invite to go there and spam.
While RCM is geared more toward the hobby machinist, AMC is geared more
toward the professional machinist/moldmaker/tool/die/engineer/CNC/job-
shop/high-volume production crowd. Folks who own their own business, or
like myself, work for larger (sometimes huge) companies.

--
Anthony

better idiots.

Remove sp to reply via email
Joe

Joe, Calm down and type...
If I had been accusing you of spamming, it would have been blunt and to
the point.
What that post was about, was an invite to join discussions in amc, as a
participant, but not an invite to go there and spam.
While RCM is geared more toward the hobby machinist, AMC is geared more
toward the professional machinist/moldmaker/tool/die/engineer/CNC/job-
shop/high-volume production crowd. Folks who own their own business, or
like myself, work for larger (sometimes huge) companies.

Anthony,

My apologies to you... I am very careful to not spam and very anti-spam
these days... and I guess I'm a bit hypersensitive in that area. Please
accept my apology in regards to that.

Now... I've been lurking there a few days. Interesting message
histories... I'll probably lurk a while longer to get the "feel" for the
group and then start asking questions.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
http://www.autodrill.com
http://www.multi-drill.com

V8013

Know someone with a motorcycle in the NY Metro area?
http://host.mynocdns.com/mailman/lis...rides_yunx.com

Dan Murphy

"Joe" wrote in news:WkN_d.18369
$FB6.16644@trndny09:

SNIP
I don't know if any of that helps you or not. In any case good luck.

That was by far, the most helpful response to date. (consider that a
challenge folks grin)

Thank you. I'll take a look at it in detial after I get some sleep!

I forgot to add their (PMPA) magazine http://www.production-machining.com/
to the list. It's geared toward higher volume production as well. I read in
another post where you don't get much business from CNC users. Magazines
are usually starved for content, so if you've got a customer willing to
share their story of how your product solved a problem and saved them
money, most any of the mags would love to do a story. For a couple of hours
on the phone, you get a couple of pages of free publicity. A good deal no
matter how you look at it.

Dan

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 13:51:14 GMT, Anthony
wrote:

While RCM is geared more toward the hobby machinist, AMC is geared more
toward the professional machinist/moldmaker/tool/die/engineer/CNC/job-
shop/high-volume production crowd. Folks who own their own business, or
like myself, work for larger (sometimes huge) companies.

Could you (or someone) please advise what AMC stands for?

Thanks.

Longshoreman

Tony

Sorry, take the "BLOCK" out of my email address.

Tony

"Joe" wrote in message
If I were you I would advertise with Yahoo's Overture service and

Google
adwords. Select keywords relevant to your product, such as drill press,
machine tool, etc. You pay per click, typically around $.10. You set

up
an
account online. It's a great way to target a specific market.

Great advice. I sent you a private eMail (responded to yours) with our
basic strategy here... But it bounced.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
http://www.autodrill.com
http://www.multi-drill.com

V8013

Know someone with a motorcycle in the NY Metro area?
http://host.mynocdns.com/mailman/lis...rides_yunx.com

Home Inspection Careers A-Pro Home Inspection Home Repair 1 November 26th 04 11:49 AM
Speedfit technique Arthur UK diy 615 November 23rd 04 11:50 PM
Building Warrants - Buying Flat Without L Reid UK diy 6 July 16th 03 03:54 PM