Tom Gardner

Default Sunday dissapointment

Here I was hoping for the typical Sunday morning politico-stupido so that I
could poke a troll or ****-off SOMEBODY with an axe to grind. (There's the
metalworking!!!) Even Gunner's so dry he's quoting boring Drudge stuff.
Apparently everybody's geared-up for the "Stupid Bowl", out in the shop or
hibernating.

So, where's "Cliffy's Quips when you need them?, What happened to the
passionate Democrat Losers? Where are the reactionaries and the radicals?
What happened to the "Metalworking-Only" titty-babies. I guess we're back
to the endless: speed-feed, 3-in-one, Drill Doctor, Harbor Freight, welding
and bandsaw blade drivel. And I have all those answers:

Speed-feed - Use my "Smoke-Color-Smell" chart
3-in-one - Toy
Drill Doctor - Crap! Sharpen them yourself or take-up gardening
Harbor Freight - Crap! Send me you're money since you're throwing it away
anyway!
Welding - Just go buy a frigging good MIG and spend the 20 minutes it takes
to master it
Bandsaw blades - Whatever's on sale

There! All metalworking topics covered...forever! Bring on the idiots!!!

jim rozen

In article , nospam says...

Here I was hoping for the typical Sunday morning politico-stupido so that I
could poke a troll or ****-off SOMEBODY with an axe to grind.

No offense, but maybe you should get out more.

Me: new lights for shop to be installed today. New coat
hooks for kitchen, because the old ones are too flimsy.
Because one can actually walk around without a coat outside
for the first time in two months, a trip to the range for
some shooting.

Then a long motorcycle ride with the bike sporting the
new fairing. Which I could install yesterday because
the wiring was flexible because is was over ten degrees.

Jim

please reply to:
Sunworshipper

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 15:30:17 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

[...]

I finally got around to a tool box that I picked up about 6 months
ago. It was bright red and calling attention to itself like a stop
sign from the end of someone's driveway. I saw at least one drawer and
it was in the pick up. It had just one bolt for each wheel and the
flanges all bent from barely hanging on. I had the quicky saw already
to go and in the right mood. Figured I'd just mount part of it under a
bench for just one more place to put tools instead of multi-layers on
every horizontal surface. Cleaned off the outside operating table and
carried that bad dog from the front yard thinking straight edge and
magic marker time. Then I started checking it out and flipping it
around . Hmmm has 3 drawers better than just one then a panel and a
bar come jumping out of nowhere , wow. Took awhile to figure it out ,
cool , blast where's the keys ! LOL Its complete! Drill the holes
out for bigger bolts and pound the flanges straight on my untried
anvil (1892 for $30) , works better than a huge I beam. Get a couple
of chunks of metal for dollies and straighten the sheet metal from its
previous owner loosing it on it. Clean it up , ooh a rusty E-Z out.
Can't cut up the backup carpet for the truck so I hit up the
father-in-law and get fake grass , yeah yeah I told myself that all
while fitting it to the drawers , but I can't stand tools sliding
inside. Cut a fake black granite counter top and loaded it up , wow I
can see my inside operating table now. Hmmm, wonder if the key is
taped up inside ?

I think I'll put that other smaller tool box that I never use cause
its down low up on top of the new one. Still need more room.
Tom Gardner

Ok Jim, you've inspired me. I packed up a bag with 35mm and 120 film and am
headed down to the local State park system to shoot some film. I tried to
get somebody to go to the pistol range with me but no takers and I hate to
go alone. Followed later by a few hours of checking my eyelids for light
leaks.

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , nospam says...

Here I was hoping for the typical Sunday morning politico-stupido so that
could poke a troll or ****-off SOMEBODY with an axe to grind.

No offense, but maybe you should get out more.

Me: new lights for shop to be installed today. New coat
hooks for kitchen, because the old ones are too flimsy.
Because one can actually walk around without a coat outside
for the first time in two months, a trip to the range for
some shooting.

Then a long motorcycle ride with the bike sporting the
new fairing. Which I could install yesterday because
the wiring was flexible because is was over ten degrees.

Jim

please reply to:

JR North

Why poison this group? If you want politico crap, go to rec.boats and
see what will become of this group if you get what you want. I consider
your post irresponsible and sophomoric. Grow up.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Tom Gardner wrote:
[...]

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"

Sunworshipper

wrote:

[...]

Hmmm... Kennedy ? LOL Is this the type of tool box ya'll rant and
rave about? If so I only used it for drill bits.

Green patina ? Hmmm missing a door and what's this pin system
downward?

Bernd

" There! All metalworking topics covered...forever! Bring on the
idiots!!!

Jeeeees Tom. I now have to clean coke (the kind you drink) of the screen
and keyboard.
What a mess. It's a wonder I can even type on this mess.

Bernd

Tom Gardner

"JR North" wrote in message
Why poison this group? If you want politico crap, go to rec.boats and see
what will become of this group if you get what you want. I consider your
post irresponsible and sophomoric. Grow up.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

OUCH!!! (...and people tell ME I have no sence of humor!)

Gunner

wrote:

Here I was hoping for the typical Sunday morning politico-stupido so that I
could poke a troll or ****-off SOMEBODY with an axe to grind. (There's the
metalworking!!!) Even Gunner's so dry he's quoting boring Drudge stuff.
Apparently everybody's geared-up for the "Stupid Bowl", out in the shop or
hibernating.

At 9:05 Am I was on the roof of one of RCMs occasional poster's new
"car port". Yesterday we raised it 12" and welded up the cleats and
support members. Today we put up the metal roofing. and a bunch of
other things.

Working on wet 2x6 rafters, 14' off the ground in the rain is so so
much fun.

Super Bowl? Is that something you clean toilets with?

Gunner

" We have all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million
typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of
Shakespeare...Thanks to AOL and WebTv, we know this is not possible."
Gunner

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 02:07:03 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

"JR North" wrote in message
Why poison this group? If you want politico crap, go to rec.boats and see
what will become of this group if you get what you want. I consider your
post irresponsible and sophomoric. Grow up.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

OUCH!!! (...and people tell ME I have no sence of humor!)

I wonder if Messrs North has been hybernating for the last 10 yrs.

Gunner

" We have all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million
typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of
Shakespeare...Thanks to AOL and WebTv, we know this is not possible."

Don Foreman

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 05:32:12 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Super Bowl? Is that something you clean toilets with?

It's what you use to make the dough for Monster Cookies.
JR North

OK, my sense of Yuma is fine. I just don't see anything humorous about
encouraging political contamination of the group, even if it was
intended as tongue-in-cheek humor. It's serious- as I said, look at
rec.boats.
JR
Dweller in the cellar