Bughunter

Default Onan DJE generator update (Sunday 2)

Hmmm,

Put a steering wheel, a seat, and an electric motor to drive one of the
wheels and you will have
yourself a hybrid automobile!

"Ignoramus22980" wrote in message
Metalworkers and woodworkers may be interested in the cushioned
carriage that I built for this generator.

See he

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/onan/Diesel/Carriage/

Some closeups reveal detais on how it is mounted. Basically everything
where there is a tearing sort of stress, is bolted.

The generator runs great, although it is missing the shutoff switch. I
switch it off by hand by pressing on the fuel shutoff lever. I ordered
a new solenoid from an FW Murphy dealer and hope to get one on Monday
and screw around with it. The pleasant surprise is that, even in its
current shape, it is basically not very loud, not louder than my
snowblower. I will run both tomorrow and compare to know for sure.

So, with some extra soundproofing, I may end up with something nice
finally.

When it runs, the top platform vibrates a lot, the bottom one vibrates
a lot less. I plan on having it lifted off the ground a bit, like on
blocks, for the final installation. I can move it about and turn it by
lifting one side. Thanks to all my deadlift exercises.

I will give the genset a good load test tomorrow and will build the
electrical panel.

Ken Davey

Ignoramus22980 wrote:
On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 04:19:29 GMT, Bughunter wrote:

Did you get my Email RE. the starter motor?
Ken.
--
http://www.rupert.net/~solar
Return address supplied by 'spammotel'