Joe AutoDrill

Default Need Special Tool - Any Leads?

I'm looking for a tool I've never seen in real life before... Best way to
describe it is a nail clipper with blades that curve out at the center
rather than in. Anyone know of such an item?

It has to have the same orientation as an actual nail clipper too.
Pliers-type doesn't fit in the equipment access.

It doesn't need to be too sturdy as it will be used for plastic snipping
most of the time. Same sturdiness as a nail clipper will do.

....In fact, a nail clipper with blades curving outward would be perfect but
because such a device is probably really unsafe, I can't imagine them being
made by any company for that purpose.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
http://www.autodrill.com
http://www.multi-spindle-heads.com

V8013

Scotty

Joe,

Such a tool is made; I've got one right here. It's a toenail clipper. When you
first look at it, the cutting edges appear to be straight across, but if you
hold it up to a straightedge, it's easy to see that they're curved slightly
outwards. Go to someplace like Osco, Walgreen's or Treasury Drug and find the
toenail clippers. There'll probably be one like what I've described in there
somewhere.

Scotty

Joe Agro, Jr writes:

I'm looking for a tool I've never seen in real life before... Best way to
describe it is a nail clipper with blades that curve out at the center
rather than in. Anyone know of such an item?

It has to have the same orientation as an actual nail clipper too.
Pliers-type doesn't fit in the equipment access.

It doesn't need to be too sturdy as it will be used for plastic snipping
most of the time. Same sturdiness as a nail clipper will do.

...In fact, a nail clipper with blades curving outward would be perfect but
because such a device is probably really unsafe, I can't imagine them being
made by any company for that purpose.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
http://www.autodrill.com
http://www.multi-spindle-heads.com

Joe AutoDrill

Such a tool is made; I've got one right here. It's a toenail clipper. When
you
first look at it, the cutting edges appear to be straight across, but if

you
hold it up to a straightedge, it's easy to see that they're curved

slightly
outwards. Go to someplace like Osco, Walgreen's or Treasury Drug and find

the
toenail clippers. There'll probably be one like what I've described in

there
somewhere.

Wanna sell that one? grin

I'll go check those out... However, I think I need somethign with a bit
more of a curve.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
http://www.autodrill.com
http://www.multi-spindle-heads.com

V8013

williamhenry

search for spree cutters , various ones available , quite common in the
plastic injection industry, most are flush type , but there are several
different versions

williamhenry

sprue not spree, dam spell checker

Joe

Very close! I'll keep looking at those. Those have the cutters at the same
or close to the same angle as the handle. I need ones that are 90 degrees
to the handle like a nail clipper would be.

Much appreciated on the new direction to search though!!!

Joe - V#8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com
Northern, NJ
Ride a Motorcycle? Ask me about "The Ride"
http://www.youthelate.com/the_ride.htm

Born once - Die twice. Born twice - Die only once. Your choice...

Have unwanted music CDs or DVDs of any type? I can use them for our
charity. eMail me privately for details. Donation receipts available.

"williamhenry" wrote in message
. ..
sprue not spree, dam spell checker

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 18:20:59 -0600, "williamhenry"
wrote:

sprue not spree, dam spell checker

Oh, _sprue_ cutter. Okay, I'd check someplace that sells supplies for
lost-wax casting. Start with Rio Grande (www.riogrande.com) and then
try some of the other places.

--RC
Projects expand to fill the clamps available -- plus 20 percent
Mawdeeb

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in
:

I'm looking for a tool I've never seen in real life before... Best
way to describe it is a nail clipper with blades that curve out at the
center rather than in. Anyone know of such an item?

It has to have the same orientation as an actual nail clipper too.
Pliers-type doesn't fit in the equipment access.

It doesn't need to be too sturdy as it will be used for plastic
snipping most of the time. Same sturdiness as a nail clipper will do.

...In fact, a nail clipper with blades curving outward would be
perfect but because such a device is probably really unsafe, I can't
imagine them being made by any company for that purpose.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
http://www.autodrill.com
http://www.multi-spindle-heads.com

V8013

I think this is what your looking for:

http://www.jensentools.com/product/g...arent_id=54710

Good hunting

Jim Vrzal
Holiday, Fl.
Bob Engelhardt

Mawdeeb wrote:
http://www.jensentools.com/product/g...arent_id=54710

Ah! As usual, the real key is knowing what to call it. "Transverse end
cutter" Googles 82 hits. Bob

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 08:17:48 -0500, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

Mawdeeb wrote:
http://www.jensentools.com/product/g...arent_id=54710

Ah! As usual, the real key is knowing what to call it. "Transverse end
cutter" Googles 82 hits. Bob

Ah the Magic Words! The bane of current search engine technology.
--RC
Projects expand to fill the clamps available -- plus 20 percent
Joe AutoDrill

Ah! As usual, the real key is knowing what to call it. "Transverse end
cutter" Googles 82 hits. Bob

Ah the Magic Words! The bane of current search engine technology.
--RC
Projects expand to fill the clamps available -- plus 20 percent

Actually, "Cutting Tweezers" is about 100% what I'm looking for... Now if I
could find 'em with a convex blade (curve outward at center) I'd be home
free!

http://images.google.com/images?q=%2...&sa=N&t ab=wi

--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
http://www.autodrill.com
http://www.multi-spindle-heads.com

V8013

Martin H. Eastburn

Bob Engelhardt wrote:

Mawdeeb wrote:

http://www.jensentools.com/product/g...arent_id=54710

Ah! As usual, the real key is knowing what to call it. "Transverse end
cutter" Googles 82 hits. Bob

Odd name for the cutter I have been calling an end flush cutter.
Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer
Trevor Jones

Joe AutoDrill wrote:

I'm looking for a tool I've never seen in real life before... Best way to
describe it is a nail clipper with blades that curve out at the center
rather than in. Anyone know of such an item?

It has to have the same orientation as an actual nail clipper too.
Pliers-type doesn't fit in the equipment access.

It doesn't need to be too sturdy as it will be used for plastic snipping
most of the time. Same sturdiness as a nail clipper will do.

...In fact, a nail clipper with blades curving outward would be perfect but
because such a device is probably really unsafe, I can't imagine them being
made by any company for that purpose.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
http://www.autodrill.com
http://www.multi-spindle-heads.com

V8013

Check the drugstore. They are sold as toenail clippes. The ones I have
are about 1"radius, convex. About 2 1/2" long.

Radio Shack. Or a real Electronics supply place. Flush cutting
miniature end nipper/clipper/cutter.

Plastic modelling supply shop (You know, airplane in a billion peices
type models). Sprue cutters

Cheers
Trevor Jones