Old January 3rd 20, 02:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Trigger Pulled

I finally broke down and bought a real TIG welder. The scratch-start
HFT TIG was just a bit too sticky for me to like any more. Looking on
Eastwood's site this Christmas, I saw their nice little TIG 200
machine and fell in love. $699 + $34 s/h. It arrived today and I'm
happy to say that it's both larger and heavier than I had imagined.
I'll play with it on 120v for now, while I grab a NEMA6-50 outlet.
https://www.eastwood.com/tig200acdc.html

-
It will be the best security for maintaining our liberties. A
nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and
prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved.
It is in the religion of ignorance that tyranny begins.
--Benjamin Franklin

Old January 3rd 20, 05:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 02 Jan 2020 17:24:48 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

I finally broke down and bought a real TIG welder. The scratch-start
HFT TIG was just a bit too sticky for me to like any more. Looking on
Eastwood's site this Christmas, I saw their nice little TIG 200
machine and fell in love. $699 + $34 s/h. It arrived today and I'm
happy to say that it's both larger and heavier than I had imagined.
I'll play with it on 120v for now, while I grab a NEMA6-50 outlet.
https://www.eastwood.com/tig200acdc.html

Its had pretty good reviews from all the welding wonks on Youtube.

Let us know how it works for you.

Gunner

-
It will be the best security for maintaining our liberties. A
nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and
prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved.
It is in the religion of ignorance that tyranny begins.
--Benjamin Franklin

__

"Journalists are extremely rare and shouldn’t be harmed, but propagandists are everywhere and should be hunted for sport"

Yeah..with no bag limit.

Old January 4th 20, 06:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/2/2020 6:24 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
I finally broke down and bought a real TIG welder. The scratch-start
HFT TIG was just a bit too sticky for me to like any more. Looking on
Eastwood's site this Christmas, I saw their nice little TIG 200
machine and fell in love. $699 + $34 s/h. It arrived today and I'm
happy to say that it's both larger and heavier than I had imagined.
I'll play with it on 120v for now, while I grab a NEMA6-50 outlet.
https://www.eastwood.com/tig200acdc.html

-
It will be the best security for maintaining our liberties. A
nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and
prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved.
It is in the religion of ignorance that tyranny begins.
--Benjamin Franklin

In past tube reviews some guys do not care for that toe operated foot
pedal. I think a half measure might be to bolt it to a larger base
plate, but the guys at Weld.com had a different solution. They made
their own adapter for it so they can use it more like a full foot pedal
instead of a toe pedal. That was a big complaint about AHP as well.
They used to use the same type pedal as picture on the Eastwood link.
My 2019 AHP came with a different pedal though. Its a more conventional
full foot pedal.

Anyway... NICE NEW TOY! Congratulations.
Old January 4th 20, 06:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/4/2020 10:39 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
[...]

P.S. I almost bought that same welder, but AHP had a preorder special
on AC/DC "pulse" rigs when he ran out of stock. The end of 2018. When
his containers came in from China in early '19 he was almost sold out
again.