Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Trigger Pulled

On Sat, 4 Jan 2020 10:39:02 -0700, Bob La Londe
wrote:

On 1/2/2020 6:24 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
I finally broke down and bought a real TIG welder. The scratch-start
HFT TIG was just a bit too sticky for me to like any more. Looking on
Eastwood's site this Christmas, I saw their nice little TIG 200
machine and fell in love. $699 + $34 s/h. It arrived today and I'm
happy to say that it's both larger and heavier than I had imagined.
I'll play with it on 120v for now, while I grab a NEMA6-50 outlet.
https://www.eastwood.com/tig200acdc.html

-
It will be the best security for maintaining our liberties. A
nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and
prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved.
It is in the religion of ignorance that tyranny begins.
--Benjamin Franklin

In past tube reviews some guys do not care for that toe operated foot
pedal. I think a half measure might be to bolt it to a larger base
plate, but the guys at Weld.com had a different solution. They made
their own adapter for it so they can use it more like a full foot pedal
instead of a toe pedal. That was a big complaint about AHP as well.
They used to use the same type pedal as picture on the Eastwood link.
My 2019 AHP came with a different pedal though. Its a more conventional
full foot pedal.

I guess I'll see how that pans out once I get more room in the shop.

Anyway... NICE NEW TOY! Congratulations.

Thanks. I hope to increase my welding creds with it. I can tell
already that the scratch and sniff HF welder was distracting me.
Sticking the tungsten to the work a dozen times for every bad weld
=isn't= the way to do it, I've heard.

--
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.

--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe