Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Stop smoking advice needed

On Mon, 21 May 2018 19:41:18 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 21 May 2018 12:03:03 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 21 May 2018 08:07:57 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 20 May 2018 21:39:03 -0500, Ignoramus11502

On 2018-05-21, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 20 May 2018 17:40:20 -0500, Ignoramus11502
wrote:

I am very ignorant about quitting smoking because I am not a smoker,
but supposedly e-cigarettes keep giving you nicotine without some bad
side effects of smoking like tar and such.

Goodonya, Ig. BTW, e-cigs have been proven to be just as bad as
tobacco, so that's no better.

Thanks. I may try those in combination with some patches. If the two
together dont stop the craving I can always supplement with an
occasional smoke. Im getting more motivated just talking about it!

I would say, ask around and then stop by a vape shop and ask if there
is something you can use.

You were replying to a bogus Gunner, Ig.

I was a 2+ pack a day smoker, wanted to quit, tapered down to half a
pack a day, then got the flu. After 2 days, I was feeling better and
was going to go outside and have a cig when the thought came to quit.
I was already beyond most of the cravings, so the rest was mental. I
crushed the tobacco into the toilet, flushed it, and threw away the
filters and pack. That was it for me, and it has been 30 years since
I smelled like a dirty ashtray. (my favorite TRUE motivator theme)
Yes, I had a few cravings to smoke once in awhile, but the thought of
the dirty ashtray smell stayed with me and killed the craving easily.

My suggestion to anyone who truly wishes to quit is to do the same.
Taper down, then quit cold turkey. Quitting is a decision, nothing
more. You either wish to quit or you don't. Make the decision.

Its not quite that easy for many of us out there.

Shrug.

That's only true if you are incapable of making a decision.

There can be no doubt about that. He can't even decide to cull the
newsletters etc that are choking his inbox to the point his email
account is useless.

If you are
lying to yourself

If? IF? Too funny.

about wanting to stop, it will be hard. If not, it
won't. As a person familiar to Zen,

In what reality is Wieber "familiar to Zen?" JFC you're as nutty as
Wieber.

this should be a piece of cake.

Bwahahaha! At least a 10 year old piece of cake so far! And you've
probably been giving him advice about how to quit for that long. See a
pattern?

Then again, it's harder if someone else smokes around you constantly.

He used to blame his inability to quit on his wife's smoking. But now
her monthly checks are preventing the **** wagon from grinding to a
halt.

Still, it's a decision, a logical zero or one. Choose, Grasshoppa.

He chose a long time ago. As did you - to support a deadbeat no matter
the absurdity of it.

Stop smoking advice needed Carries On Metalworking 0 May 22nd 18 03:38 PM
Advice needed: Oil filter needed for oil furnace? mm Home Repair 7 May 3rd 13 04:43 AM
outside stop cock doesn't stop water when turned. Clare UK diy 13 July 19th 09 06:37 PM
More smoking advice pls marcb UK diy 19 August 22nd 05 09:12 PM
DP depth stop / quill stop Gerald Ross Woodturning 3 December 28th 04 03:16 PM