Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Forklift Rampage

Never ever leave the key in an unattended forklift.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/m...vegas-business

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2016-04-24, Howard Beal wrote:
Never ever leave the key in an unattended forklift.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/m...vegas-business

I recall that someone also went on a rampage in a railroad locomotive.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2016-04-24, Howard Beal wrote:
Never ever leave the key in an unattended forklift.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/m...causes-100000-

damage-las-vegas-business

I recall that someone also went on a rampage in a railroad locomotive.

A guy in Colorado armored a bulldozer and demolished the mayor's home,
office and a store or warehouse the mayor owned, in 2004. He has his own
Wikipedia entry - I guess that's a kind of fame (or infamy).

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 07:57:28 -0500, Ignoramus7945

On 2016-04-24, Howard Beal wrote:
Never ever leave the key in an unattended forklift.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/m...vegas-business

I recall that someone also went on a rampage in a railroad locomotive.

Remember this guy in the M60 tank running over stuff in Sandy Eggo?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnUoUKEIGoo

--
If you want to make your dreams come true,
the first thing you have to do is wake up!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2016-04-24, Howard Beal wrote:
Never ever leave the key in an unattended forklift.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/m...vegas-business

I recall that someone also went on a rampage in a railroad locomotive.

When I was a kid I would spend most summer days riding my bike around
town, including going across the tracks. One day there was a locomotive
parked there. Running. With no engineer, or any adult in sight.

Being an inquisitive boy, and knowing that I had no malice in my heart,
I didn't waste any time climbing into the cabin. It was rather stark
and barren, with a number of controls and gauges I had no clue as to
what their function was. I also remember a metal container down on the
floor that contained several road flares.

After nosing around in there for a few minutes I climbed down, got back
on my bike, and rode off, with nobody the wiser. I wouldn't try that now.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2016-04-24, Howard Beal wrote:
Never ever leave the key in an unattended forklift.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/m...vegas-business

I recall that someone also went on a rampage in a railroad locomotive.

When I was a kid I would spend most summer days riding my bike around
town, including going across the tracks. One day there was a locomotive
parked there. Running. With no engineer, or any adult in sight.

Being an inquisitive boy, and knowing that I had no malice in my heart,
I didn't waste any time climbing into the cabin. It was rather stark
and barren, with a number of controls and gauges I had no clue as to
what their function was. I also remember a metal container down on the
floor that contained several road flares.

After nosing around in there for a few minutes I climbed down, got back
on my bike, and rode off, with nobody the wiser. I wouldn't try that now.

You might end up being accused of terrorist hijacking.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2016-04-24, Howard Beal wrote:
[...]

Good story, Jon. But it would have been a _GREAT_ story if you had moved the locomotive just a few feet, to prove a point.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2016-04-24, Howard Beal wrote:
Never ever leave the key in an unattended forklift.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/m...vegas-business

I recall that someone also went on a rampage in a railroad locomotive.

When I was a kid I would spend most summer days riding my bike around
town, including going across the tracks. One day there was a locomotive
parked there. Running. With no engineer, or any adult in sight.

Being an inquisitive boy, and knowing that I had no malice in my heart,
I didn't waste any time climbing into the cabin. It was rather stark
and barren, with a number of controls and gauges I had no clue as to
what their function was. I also remember a metal container down on the
floor that contained several road flares.

After nosing around in there for a few minutes I climbed down, got back
on my bike, and rode off, with nobody the wiser. I wouldn't try that now.

HAH! I would have attempted to drive that thing 1/4 mile down the
track, just to say I'd done it. That far enough to get my bike off
and get away with an angry engineer running after me. g

That must have been fun, in any case.

--
You never hear anyone say, 'Yeah, but it's a dry cold.'
-- Charles A. Budreau
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 11:43:57 PM UTC-4, Larry Jaques wrote:

You never hear anyone say, 'Yeah, but it's a dry cold.'
-- Charles A. Budreau

Actually, you do. Humidity (at LEAST as much as temperature) is a big factor in the quality of ice rink ice. We talk about the humidity in the winter a lot.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

When I was a kid I fetched cast offs from the local rail yard.
The engines were a mixture of Big Steam and new Diesel. The big
steam would haul the tanks and heavy loads (bombs) over the Rockies only
to be taken to the local SAC base and local Naval storage yard (next to
Oakland).

I came home with rail spikes and old ties. I was so young, the men
there knew me and loaded me up for a trip home. My wagon could handle
a tie with part of it hanging out the back.

I would never consider getting on one of those trains.

Martin