Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Forklift Rampage

On 2016-04-24, Howard Beal wrote:
Never ever leave the key in an unattended forklift.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/m...vegas-business

I recall that someone also went on a rampage in a railroad locomotive.

When I was a kid I would spend most summer days riding my bike around
town, including going across the tracks. One day there was a locomotive
parked there. Running. With no engineer, or any adult in sight.

Being an inquisitive boy, and knowing that I had no malice in my heart,
I didn't waste any time climbing into the cabin. It was rather stark
and barren, with a number of controls and gauges I had no clue as to
what their function was. I also remember a metal container down on the
floor that contained several road flares.

After nosing around in there for a few minutes I climbed down, got back
on my bike, and rode off, with nobody the wiser. I wouldn't try that now.

Jon

Good story, Jon. But it would have been a _GREAT_ story if you had moved the locomotive just a few feet, to prove a point.