Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Low-Speed Forklift Chase Ends In Arrest - OAKLAND CA - Sell forklift forscrap?

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011/...orklift-chase/

OAKLAND (AP) – A man accused of leading police on a low-speed chase from
Oakdale to Modesto has been arrested.

Jerry DePalma, 48, and accomplice Irvin Turpitt, 51, allegedly took the
25-ton vehicle from Brown Sheet Metal and Mechanical in Oakdale.

Police say DePalma eventually jumped from the forklift, which has a top
speed of 25 mph, and ran into a nearby orchard. He was located and
officers used a stun gun to bring him into custody.

The suspects may have been trying to sell the forklift for scrap.

Turpitt is still at large.

http://cbssacramento.files.wordpress...ry-depalma.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Home Guy" wrote yet another OT post about crime in America:

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011/...orklift-chase/

OAKLAND (AP) - A man accused of leading police on a low-speed chase from
Oakdale to Modesto has been arrested.

For a guy who's always lecturing people to trim their posts and other
netnanny crap, why on earth can't you put OT in the subject line to mark the
many deliberately provocative anti-American bullshi+ messages you enjoy
posting? Just like Muslim terrorists bring shame to all Islam, you're
making the Canadians who don't have your very big axe to grind look bad. I
am sure they don't appreciate your

P.S. - Apologies to Tony and other Canadians (except HomeGuy) for any
anti-Canadian comments I have made. I was provoked. (-:

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert Green wrote:

For a guy who's always lecturing people to trim their posts and
other netnanny crap, why on earth can't you put OT in the subject
line

And I need to put "OT" in the subject line because the subject line is
otherwise misleading or the exact nature of the post can't be deduced?

In this particular case (where the post is a story about a stolen
forklift and low-speed police chase) was my subject line too vague or
unclear? Would others mis-interpret this post to be "on-topic" because
I did not preface it with the universal "off-topic" designator "OT" ?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/20/2011 9:08 AM, Home Guy wrote:
Robert Green wrote:

For a guy who's always lecturing people to trim their posts and
other netnanny crap, why on earth can't you put OT in the subject
line

And I need to put "OT" in the subject line because the subject line is
otherwise misleading or the exact nature of the post can't be deduced?

In this particular case (where the post is a story about a stolen
forklift and low-speed police chase) was my subject line too vague or
unclear? Would others mis-interpret this post to be "on-topic" because
I did not preface it with the universal "off-topic" designator "OT" ?

Since your post had absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this
forum, it shouldn't even be here.

Your OT post might have been slightly relevant in the
alt.forklift.repair forum. Get it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Moderator wrote:

alt.forklift.repair forum. Get it?

Hello Sock Moderator!

Who is wearing you on their left foot today?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert Green wrote:

For a guy who's always lecturing people to trim their posts and
other netnanny crap, why on earth can't you put OT in the subject
line

And I need to put "OT" in the subject line because the subject line is
otherwise misleading or the exact nature of the post can't be deduced?

For some reason you can't take all of the big hints you have been given
about your Canada is perfect and the US isn't off topic posts.

I live not far from the border and have friends and relatives there and
have been doing business with Canadian companies for many years. None of
those folks are anything at all like you.

In this particular case (where the post is a story about a stolen
forklift and low-speed police chase) was my subject line too vague or
unclear? Would others mis-interpret this post to be "on-topic" because
I did not preface it with the universal "off-topic" designator "OT" ?

Since you need to call attention to yourself there are places such as
facebook that are great for people who need that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Home Guy wrote the following:
Robert Green wrote:

For a guy who's always lecturing people to trim their posts and
other netnanny crap, why on earth can't you put OT in the subject
line

And I need to put "OT" in the subject line because the subject line is
otherwise misleading or the exact nature of the post can't be deduced?

In this particular case (where the post is a story about a stolen
forklift and low-speed police chase) was my subject line too vague or
unclear? Would others mis-interpret this post to be "on-topic" because
I did not preface it with the universal "off-topic" designator "OT" ?

Do what I say, not what I do.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Home Guy" wrote in message ...
Robert Green wrote:

For a guy who's always lecturing people to trim their posts and
other netnanny crap, why on earth can't you put OT in the subject
line

And I need to put "OT" in the subject line because the subject line is
otherwise misleading or the exact nature of the post can't be deduced?

In this particular case (where the post is a story about a stolen
forklift and low-speed police chase) was my subject line too vague or
unclear? Would others mis-interpret this post to be "on-topic" because
I did not preface it with the universal "off-topic" designator "OT" ?

None of the above. It's for people who like to use a global subject line
filter to make all such posts disappear. If you're going to bitch about
trimming, which you do quite often, and subject line perfection, you might
want to consider perfecting your own OT subject lines by marking them OT.
The custom of marking OT posts OT is pretty widely accepted precisely for
the reason I outlined. That's not very much to ask, IMHO. Refusing to do
it seems somewhat hypocritical. It also reveals a sort of basic contempt
for fellow newsgroupers. You wouldn't want us to think you were a hypocrite
who doesn't like us, would you? (-:

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

m...
Robert Green wrote:

For a guy who's always lecturing people to trim their posts and
other netnanny crap, why on earth can't you put OT in the subject
line

And I need to put "OT" in the subject line because the subject line is
otherwise misleading or the exact nature of the post can't be deduced?

In this particular case (where the post is a story about a stolen
forklift and low-speed police chase) was my subject line too vague or
unclear? Would others mis-interpret this post to be "on-topic" because
I did not preface it with the universal "off-topic" designator "OT" ?

Do what I say, not what I do.

You're a despicable, hypocritical liar, Bill. I believe that *you* started
an off-topic post here this month byt accused me of it. Check your facts.
didn't start any. Why don't you prove your lies, Bill? Show me the OT
threads I've started within the last six months that are NOT marked OT. I
don't change subject headings to OT if the OP didn't do it right the first
time, but that's because that splits threads and creates even more problems.

You appear to have some other issue with me and now I've got one with you.
You're a damn liar. Plain enough? Prove you're not, Bill. The OT
designator is so people can auto-filter threads, BTW. Just in case you're
interested in the truth and not spreading malicious lies - YOU DAMN LIAR.
If you want to start a war, I'll be happy to oblige. But first try to prove
your worthless claims.

You owe me an apology, but I'm fairly certain you're not man enough to see
it or do it. Now go check your facts and not your hateful fancies or the
word of one of your BF buddies and get back to me, liar.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert Green wrote the following:
m...
Robert Green wrote:

[...]

As far as I can see from my posting history this month in this group are
2 posts of mine that would be considered off topic without an OT
preceding the subject.
1. "Martial joins Amazon for packaging changes". 12/4/2011 9:26 AM
Only two responses, neither of them were you.
2. "Oops. Myth busters bust more than they wanted". 12/7/2011 9:02 AM
Many responses, but not one from you.

I fear you have me confused with someone else.
A. I don't care if some off topic posts by anyone are not marked OT. I
may make a comment in the response thread, but I don't care about it.
Hell, I don't even care if Stormi top posts, but I may respond the same
as in the OT question above.
B. I have no issues with you.
If you can point out the message where I accused you for my OT post
which caused you harm. Please do.
If true, I will publicly apologize here.

And now, for the piece de resistance.
C. My 'Do as I say and not what I do' comment was in support of your
"For a guy who's always lecturing people to trim their posts and other
netnanny crap" comment to the US basher HG.

Sorry for the confusion.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683

I bought a forklift Ignoramus12402 Metalworking 11 October 20th 11 06:45 PM
Anyone need a forklift? Joe AutoDrill[_2_] Woodworking 1 October 13th 10 06:00 PM
I got a forklift, need some guidance Randy Metalworking 25 February 29th 08 02:07 PM
forklift questions Randy Metalworking 15 November 10th 07 04:07 AM
manual forklift? Fred Home Repair 3 March 28th 05 07:26 PM