Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gallery of Fluid Motion

Here's some idle entertainment. This is a collection of videos from
the American Physical SSociety, Division of Fluid Dynamics. Scroll
down the page; it goes on and on.

Some of it is stills, but the videos are very cool.

http://gfm.aps.org/

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/28/2015 1:50 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
Here's some idle entertainment. This is a collection of videos from
the American Physical SSociety, Division of Fluid Dynamics. Scroll
down the page; it goes on and on.

Some of it is stills, but the videos are very cool.

http://gfm.aps.org/

The humming birds! How cool! I have a neighbor that's fed them for
years from a feeder on our property line and attracts a bunch of them
into our Hawthorn tree and even to flowers on a table I am sitting at.
I've seen as many as a dozen at a time. They are like big insects and
make quite a racket buzzing around. Their coloring is diverse and just
beautiful! So to me, the video was most appreciated.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 28 Dec 2015 17:07:50 -0500, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 12/28/2015 1:50 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
Here's some idle entertainment. This is a collection of videos from
the American Physical SSociety, Division of Fluid Dynamics. Scroll
down the page; it goes on and on.

Some of it is stills, but the videos are very cool.

http://gfm.aps.org/

The humming birds! How cool! I have a neighbor that's fed them for
years from a feeder on our property line and attracts a bunch of them
into our Hawthorn tree and even to flowers on a table I am sitting at.
I've seen as many as a dozen at a time. They are like big insects and
make quite a racket buzzing around. Their coloring is diverse and just
beautiful! So to me, the video was most appreciated.

I love to watch them, too. We've had some here whenever we grow
foxgloves, and I've been trying to get good photos of them without
much luck.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 12/28/2015 1:50 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
Here's some idle entertainment. This is a collection of videos from
the American Physical SSociety, Division of Fluid Dynamics. Scroll
down the page; it goes on and on.

Some of it is stills, but the videos are very cool.

http://gfm.aps.org/

The humming birds! How cool! I have a neighbor that's fed them for
years from a feeder on our property line and attracts a bunch of them
into our Hawthorn tree and even to flowers on a table I am sitting at.
I've seen as many as a dozen at a time. They are like big insects and
make quite a racket buzzing around. Their coloring is diverse and just
beautiful! So to me, the video was most appreciated.

I love to watch them, too. We've had some here whenever we grow
foxgloves, and I've been trying to get good photos of them without
much luck.

Greetings Ed,
Forty some years ago my mom set up a camera to take hummingbird
photos. We had a feeder on the porch and my mom used a tripod to hold
the camera close to it. She then just left it there and the birds got
used to it. Then she used the cable remote to trigger the camera while
she sat near the feeder. Got some great photos showing the wings in
different positions. If you get the birds used to you being around
they get quite brave. Last summer I had one fly up to me and stop
about 6 inches from my nose. He was so close I couldn't quite focus on
him. And friend of mine had one get trapped in his house because it
couldn't find the way out. He put his finger out like a perch and the
bird perched on it. He then just carried it to the doorway and the
bird flew out.
Eric
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 12/28/2015 1:50 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

I love to watch them, too. We've had some here whenever we grow
foxgloves, and I've been trying to get good photos of them without
much luck.

Use a big flash and stop down a bunch. (use film)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Ho-ho! That's funny. They are brave little critters.

You give me some encouragement to try again, Eric. I've been trying
with a long telephoto on my Sony NEX-7 digital camera, but it has no
provision for a cable release. I could either spring for a radio
release or use one of my film cameras with a *long* air-bulb release
(I think it's 12 feet) that I used with my view camera.

One way or another, I'd love to get some photos of them.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 12/28/2015 1:50 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

I love to watch them, too. We've had some here whenever we grow
foxgloves, and I've been trying to get good photos of them without
much luck.

Use a big flash and stop down a bunch. (use film)

Yeah, I may have to, unless I rig a feeder outside my window, or I use
it as an excuse to get a radio release.

I have used a 12-foot bulb release on my film cameras, to shoot
overheads in manufacturing plants, but there's no cable-release
coupling on my digital camera.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 12/28/2015 1:50 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

I love to watch them, too. We've had some here whenever we grow
foxgloves, and I've been trying to get good photos of them without
much luck.

Use a big flash and stop down a bunch. (use film)

We got a better than P&S DSLR camera back at tax return time , it has a
setting for sports pics . Large aperture and very fast shutter times . I got
some great shots of the hummers on/near one of our feeders .

--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/28/2015 10:11 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

We got a better than P&S DSLR camera back at tax return time , it has a
setting for sports pics . Large aperture and very fast shutter times . I got
some great shots of the hummers on/near one of our feeders .

But, do you have any recipes?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 12/28/2015 1:50 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

I love to watch them, too. We've had some here whenever we grow
foxgloves, and I've been trying to get good photos of them without
much luck.

Use a big flash and stop down a bunch. (use film)

Im going to be trying to capture some on digital. I was given a NOS
Olympus E-520 (still in the box unopened) digital camera by one of my
clients last week, for services rendered, and the shutter goes to
1/4000. I noticed my hummingbird feeder is empty today so refilled
it, as humningbirds are passing through on their way south and Ive
seen a fair number of them in my yard over the holidays.

Anybody have any 4/3rds telephoto lens that will fit an Olympus
Evolt-520, lets talk. It came with a 14-42 mm zoom lens (in film that
would be about 28-84 mm lens) and while interesting..here in the wide
open spaces...not really all that useful for the photography I tend to
do. Manual focus wouldnt bother me, even though this is a fully auto
camera body.

Im very much still learning the camera..so am posting some of my stuff
on my Picasa pages to keep a running record of what Im doing as a
reference to me

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...OlyE520Camera#

If anyone needs any film cameras..I bought a milk carton of (10) mixed
cameras from the local highschool ROP program, which included some
very decent Nikons/Canons/Minolta and others, along with a batch of 4
Pentax K1000s. Id sell you a Pentax K1000 in very good shape for $40
plus shipping, OBO, with the standard "normal" lens, and/or trade for
some telephotos/wide/normal lenses that will fit a Nikon FA (with full
power winder but no lens) and a FM2 (with half a power winder and a
normal lens.) Im Ok on Canon stuff...now that I have added 2 extra
AE-1 Programs to my other Canon stuff...though Im interested in lenses
to fit Canons

Ive tested ALL the bodies and have replaced some of the meter
batteries and everything works as it should. Ive got one K1000 that
wont advance..I think they stripped a gear and would toss it in to
anyone who buys a camera and wants it. Decent cameras, very good
cameras in fact..but not worth very much. None of these are beat, most
are late manufacture and only (1) of the 10 had any ingraving on
it..cant remember what it was on...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...000&_s acat=0

Gunner

Antique Gallery [email protected] Home Repair 0 December 12th 07 01:20 AM
Antique Gallery [email protected] Home Ownership 0 December 11th 07 02:35 AM
Gallery Darrell Feltmate Woodturning 6 August 28th 06 11:56 AM
wiring a motion light to stay powered on and still motion RR Home Repair 2 March 21st 06 02:11 AM
gallery fireplaces VisionSet UK diy 0 July 14th 05 12:03 AM