Posted to alt.home.repair
RR

Default wiring a motion light to stay powered on and still motion

I have a motion light, is it possible to wire the existing motion light
that I can power it on any time (objective to stay on for longer then
the set time) and then at times for it to work as a motion light? If
this is not possible do you have any recommendations? Thanks-

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Most motion detectors have that ability by quickly flipping their wall
switch off, then back on. If you wanted to hard wire a system to do that,
you'd need an extra wire run from the switch to the sensor or light

"RR" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a motion light, is it possible to wire the existing motion light
that I can power it on any time (objective to stay on for longer then
the set time) and then at times for it to work as a motion light? If
this is not possible do you have any recommendations? Thanks-

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On 20 Mar 2006 16:59:15 -0800, "Ron" wrote:

RBM remove this wrote:
Most motion detectors have that ability by quickly flipping their wall
switch off, then back on. If you wanted to hard wire a system to do that,
you'd need an extra wire run from the switch to the sensor or light]

Everyone that I've ever owned worked that way. Just flip it on, off,
on, and it will stay on until you turn it off. Then it needs to stay
off for a minute or so before you turn it back on to "motion" mode.

I have these by different makers, and for one it seems very hard to
get back to motion mode unless the sun is shining. For the other, it
seems it has to be dark out.