Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT news servers OT

Anybody know what's up with tersnews ? They're my first choice among free
servers , but they've been down now for several days ... and a blurb on
their website says "no ETA for service to resume" . I'm wondering if they've
decided to kill the free service and just don't want to say so .
--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Terry Coombs wrote:

Anybody know what's up with tersnews ? They're my first choice among free
servers , but they've been down now for several days ... and a blurb on
their website says "no ETA for service to resume" . I'm wondering if they've
decided to kill the free service and just don't want to say so .

Teranews is a testbed for NNTP news server software for a company
that runs paid servers. That's why it's free. They are constantly
screwing around with the software, or trying software from different
companies.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

Any reccomendations for news group servers Chris Crinkle UK diy 81 June 8th 14 11:23 AM
[OT] Usenet/news servers D.M.Chapman UK diy 9 July 19th 10 08:24 AM
News Servers cavelamb Metalworking 10 October 23rd 09 02:40 AM
Earthink has changed news servers, again Michael A. Terrell Electronics Repair 7 April 2nd 08 10:38 PM
news servers which filter looney spam? John Stumbles UK diy 9 January 2nd 08 09:46 AM