Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Is that a sister city of Bakersville, CA?

On Thu, 27 Nov 2014 19:59:59 -0600, Ignoramus6304
wrote:

Maybe a Rec.Crafts.Metalworking member lurking in "Elizabeth Vale,
AU".

;-)

http://goo.gl/sRBtH8

So if the bloodly ****ing neighbors have a problem with him doing with
his property as he wishes..Im sure the owner would not have a single
problem with the neighbors/Council simply having a Paint a Fence
project and just paint the boys fence a nice color.
It would sure as hell be cheaper than the $80,000 they have spent so
far.

And where is Bakersville California? Ive never heard of it.

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus6304" wrote in message
Maybe a Rec.Crafts.Metalworking member lurking in "Elizabeth Vale,
AU".

;-)

http://goo.gl/sRBtH8

Obviously the home of a prepper planning a thunderdome
yard sale.

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Maybe a Rec.Crafts.Metalworking member lurking in "Elizabeth Vale,
AU".

;-)

http://goo.gl/sRBtH8

So if the bloodly ****ing neighbors have a problem with him doing with
his property as he wishes..Im sure the owner would not have a single
problem with the neighbors/Council simply having a Paint a Fence
project and just paint the boys fence a nice color.
It would sure as hell be cheaper than the $80,000 they have spent so
far.

I also do not see what is the big deal, he is not encroaching ont he
neightbors property.

And where is Bakersville California? Ive never heard of it.

Sorry, bakersfield, my bad

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Maybe a Rec.Crafts.Metalworking member lurking in "Elizabeth Vale,
AU".

;-)

No, Jon moved elsewhere Down Under. g

http://goo.gl/sRBtH8

Um, "Why didn't the city (or neighbors) use $2,000 to put up a fence
of their own?" one wonders, instead of wasting $80k on meetings.

--
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force.
Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Maybe a Rec.Crafts.Metalworking member lurking in "Elizabeth Vale,
AU".

;-)

http://goo.gl/sRBtH8

So if the bloodly ****ing neighbors have a problem with him doing with
his property as he wishes..Im sure the owner would not have a single
problem with the neighbors/Council simply having a Paint a Fence
project and just paint the boys fence a nice color.
It would sure as hell be cheaper than the $80,000 they have spent so
far.

Perzactly.

I also do not see what is the big deal, he is not encroaching ont he
neightbors property.

Not everyone views recyclables as pretty. Go figure!

And where is Bakersville California? Ive never heard of it.

Sorry, bakersfield, my bad

Baskervilles? (woof)

--
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force.
Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
--George Washington
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Maybe a Rec.Crafts.Metalworking member lurking in "Elizabeth Vale,
AU".

;-)

http://goo.gl/sRBtH8

So if the bloodly ****ing neighbors have a problem with him doing with
his property as he wishes..Im sure the owner would not have a single
problem with the neighbors/Council simply having a Paint a Fence
project and just paint the boys fence a nice color.
It would sure as hell be cheaper than the $80,000 they have spent so
far.

Perzactly.

I also do not see what is the big deal, he is not encroaching ont he
neightbors property.

Not everyone views recyclables as pretty. Go figure!

And where is Bakersville California? Ive never heard of it.

Sorry, bakersfield, my bad

Baskervilles? (woof)

What the hell is wrong with Bakersfield? Its a very nice and rather
beautiful city. Its laid out well, roadways are good and it takes very
little effort to travel around in good time. People are friendly,
multiracial and rather conservative politically. They are also very
pro-gun, with the issuance of CCW on a "shall issue" basis.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=AwrTccNBgHlU3LAAENQPxQt.?p=bakersfield +cal&fr=&fr2=piv-web&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

Is there "bad areas" in Btown? damned few.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/calif...field-bad.html

Bakersfield is a city of 350,000 people

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Nuttin atoll. I was playing along with the misspellings.

Its a very nice and rather
beautiful city. Its laid out well, roadways are good and it takes very
little effort to travel around in good time. People are friendly,
multiracial and rather conservative politically. They are also very
pro-gun, with the issuance of CCW on a "shall issue" basis.

This is good. Bbbut, it's in Fort Stinkin' Desert, sir.
Too damned hot, iffen ya ask me.

--
I started out with nothing and
I still have most of it left!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

It got UP to 71 yesterday. I weeding and cleaning up the shop and it
was rather nice out there. Little breeze, full sun...71

Today its 69 at 2:30 pm

No snow either (Grin)

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
This is good. Bbbut, it's in Fort Stinkin' Desert, sir.
Too damned hot, iffen ya ask me.

It got UP to 71 yesterday. I weeding and cleaning up the shop and it
was rather nice out there. Little breeze, full sun...71

Um, I was referring to the 4+ months you can't go outside without a
hat, oven gloves, SPF50 lotion, and a respirator on down there.
giggle

Today its 69 at 2:30 pm

We got up to 51 today (49 this morning, kinda boring).

No snow either (Grin)

We had some drizzles overnight, but just sun and clouds alternating
all day here. 2mph with 4mph gusts, nice and quiet.

--
Believe nothing.
No matter where you read it,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Sat, 29 Nov 2014 14:30:29 -0800

Its a very nice and rather
beautiful city. Its laid out well, roadways are good and it takes very
little effort to travel around in good time. People are friendly,
multiracial and rather conservative politically. They are also very
pro-gun, with the issuance of CCW on a "shall issue" basis.

This is good. Bbbut, it's in Fort Stinkin' Desert, sir.
Too damned hot, iffen ya ask me.

It got UP to 71 yesterday. I weeding and cleaning up the shop and it
was rather nice out there. Little breeze, full sun...71

Today its 69 at 2:30 pm

No snow either (Grin)

We've had "what local meteorologists call a Modified Arctic Front,
our region has been hit with plummeting temperatures, low humidities,
and very strong northerly winds,..."
So it is clear and cold, 20 degrees and dropping. At least the
rain has stopped. B-) For a while.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
This is good. Bbbut, it's in Fort Stinkin' Desert, sir.
Too damned hot, iffen ya ask me.

It got UP to 71 yesterday. I weeding and cleaning up the shop and it
was rather nice out there. Little breeze, full sun...71

Um, I was referring to the 4+ months you can't go outside without a
hat, oven gloves, SPF50 lotion, and a respirator on down there.
giggle

Nah..its never that hot. Its not like Oz or the heart of the
Amazon..or someplace.

After all....Its a dry heat

(Grin)

Today its 69 at 2:30 pm

We got up to 51 today (49 this morning, kinda boring).

No snow either (Grin)

We had some drizzles overnight, but just sun and clouds alternating
all day here. 2mph with 4mph gusts, nice and quiet.

Rain is forcast midweek. Im going through bins, drawers, containers
out in the shop and organizing and sorting. and weeding **** out. Ive
filled (2) 55 gallon drums with crap so far....lots of rusty hardware,
misc odds and ends, wierd ****. Ive filled 50 big fastener drawers
with fasteners s from #0 through 1/2"

Lots more to go through...my roommate..the lazy *******..is getting a
job for this week..sorting fasteners...(grin)

I had no ..no freaking idea that I had that much stainless steel
fasteners. Every thing from round head/socket head cap screws and
fillister head from #4-40 through 5/16.

All new..about 300 lbs worth.
Short on nuts though...sigh..but I have lots of taps.

Anyone need any SS fasterners..let me know

Hell..Ive been buying a bolt here and there for the boat work...and
that **** is EXPENSIVE at the hardware store. Wish Id looked in that
barrel before now...

Got another 400 lbs of new standard steel fasteners in every shape
and size.
The shop is starting to look pretty good again. It went down hill
after the heart attack and the stroke. Frankly..I couldnt think well
enough in some cases to do sorting properly. I opened a drawer today
and thought.."****..what the hell was I thinking??"

Im not even sure where the hell I got all of it. Most of it was in
bags of a thousand or so. Samples from the looks of it..must have come
from one of my clients, shrug. Just cant think who it might have
been. Traveler and part numbers, job numbers on tags inside the bags
with the notation most of it was in 416 and 316 SS

Now Ive got enough SS fasteners to do all the boat work and then a
****load.

Ive been doin this for about a week now..and the shop is starting to
look pretty usable . Cleaned up the machines, dedusted most everything
out there, moved the Kennedys around so they arent blocking traffic,
fixed a lathe, going to move in a DV-59 second ops lathe tommorow
thats been outside collecting dust for 4 yrs. Ive used it now and
then..but hauling out a 3ph extension cord and knocking off the dust
everytime I needed to use it..pain in the ass. Going to move the wood
burning stove and the tool and cutter grinder and plop it into place
and wire it up.

Anybody wants a B300 tool and cutter grinder with all the
accessories..let me know. Same with a big clone of a Brown & Sharpe
6x18 surface grinder (with coolant pump and electric mag chuck....

They look like these
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0OO_OHGuNE

https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=AwrTcXVdDHtUOEEAP7CJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTIzM2 8wc3RvBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZANjN2U1YjM5ZWY5NjUy NmU1YmVjZTI5ZTcyOGY2NDI5NgRncG9zAzI5BGl0A2Jpbmc-?.origin=&back=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.c om%2Fyhs%2Fsearch%3Fp%3Dramco%2Bsurface%2Bgrinder% 26fr2%3Dpiv-web%26hsimp%3Dyhs-001%26hspart%3Dmozilla%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D29&w =146&h=186&imgurl=www.used-machinery.net%2Fimages%2Fsurfacegrinder1.jpg&rurl= http%3A%2F%2Fsurfacegrindermachine.com%2Fused-surface-grinders-for-sale%2F&size=+7.1KB&name=%3Cb%3ESurface%3C%2Fb%3E+ %3Cb%3EGrinder%3C%2Fb%3E+Machine&p=ramco+surface+g rinder&oid=c7e5b39ef96526e5bece29e728f64296&fr2=pi v-web&fr=&tt=%3Cb%3ESurface%3C%2Fb%3E+%3Cb%3EGrinder %3C%2Fb%3E+Machine&b=0&ni=21&no=29&ts=&tab=organic &sigr=120h1ag4g&sigb=13tbmgfnc&sigi=11h4h7f4b&sigt =115rco4sh&sign=115rco4sh&.crumb=M7BUMeNtCgv&fr2=p iv-web&hsimp=yhs-001&hspart=mozilla

Id swap the surface grinder for a much smaller one. 6x10 or 6x12 ish

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 29 Nov 2014 22:35:06 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

[...]

Just looked outside at 4:28AM...pretty good wind blowing and its
getting colder. Its down to 49F...so we are likely to get rain before
long.

Gunner, making note to cover up some stuff and tarp the open racing
boats

--
pyotr filipivich

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 30 Nov 2014 04:40:16 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

We've had "what local meteorologists call a Modified Arctic Front,
our region has been hit with plummeting temperatures, low humidities,
and very strong northerly winds,..."
So it is clear and cold, 20 degrees and dropping. At least the
rain has stopped. B-) For a while.

Just looked outside at 4:28AM...pretty good wind blowing and its
getting colder. Its down to 49F...so we are likely to get rain before
long.

Gunner, making note to cover up some stuff and tarp the open racing
boats

Just went out with my (newly refurbed and returned) (love their
warranty) Kestrel wind meter...she is cold (47F) with a completly
clear sky...and blowing 14 knots (16 mph). out of the south by (a
point or two) southwest
Wont have any leaves left on the trees by the time I wake up in a few
hours. (making note for the lazy roommate to rake the yard and clean
the leaves out of the rain gutters)

Maybe Ill say ****it and go sailing today!!!

Watch it die out by the time the sun comes up...sigh

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
This is good. Bbbut, it's in Fort Stinkin' Desert, sir.
Too damned hot, iffen ya ask me.

It got UP to 71 yesterday. I weeding and cleaning up the shop and it
was rather nice out there. Little breeze, full sun...71

Um, I was referring to the 4+ months you can't go outside without a
hat, oven gloves, SPF50 lotion, and a respirator on down there.
giggle

Nah..its never that hot. Its not like Oz or the heart of the
Amazon..or someplace.

After all....Its a dry heat

(Grin)

As if that ever fixed anything...

Today its 69 at 2:30 pm

We got up to 51 today (49 this morning, kinda boring).

No snow either (Grin)

We had some drizzles overnight, but just sun and clouds alternating
all day here. 2mph with 4mph gusts, nice and quiet.

Rain is forcast midweek. Im going through bins, drawers, containers
out in the shop and organizing and sorting. and weeding **** out. Ive
filled (2) 55 gallon drums with crap so far....lots of rusty hardware,
misc odds and ends, wierd ****. Ive filled 50 big fastener drawers
with fasteners s from #0 through 1/2"

Whew! That's work. I assembled another storage rack ($44 at HD) and
am filling it with 5gal buckets of storage.

Lots more to go through...my roommate..the lazy *******..is getting a
job for this week..sorting fasteners...(grin)

Just keep an eye on him, eh?

I had no ..no freaking idea that I had that much stainless steel
fasteners. Every thing from round head/socket head cap screws and
fillister head from #4-40 through 5/16.

I wish we'd spotted that, too.

All new..about 300 lbs worth.
Short on nuts though...sigh..but I have lots of taps.

BRASS nuts? titter

Anyone need any SS fasterners..let me know

NOW you tell me.

Hell..Ive been buying a bolt here and there for the boat work...and
that **** is EXPENSIVE at the hardware store. Wish Id looked in that
barrel before now...

No kidding.

Got another 400 lbs of new standard steel fasteners in every shape
and size.

Wow!

The shop is starting to look pretty good again. It went down hill
after the heart attack and the stroke. Frankly..I couldnt think well
enough in some cases to do sorting properly. I opened a drawer today
and thought.."****..what the hell was I thinking??"

"All hardware goes in this drum." Eek!

Im not even sure where the hell I got all of it. Most of it was in
bags of a thousand or so. Samples from the looks of it..must have come
from one of my clients, shrug. Just cant think who it might have
been. Traveler and part numbers, job numbers on tags inside the bags
with the notation most of it was in 416 and 316 SS

Cool.

Now Ive got enough SS fasteners to do all the boat work and then a
****load.

Ive been doin this for about a week now..and the shop is starting to
look pretty usable . Cleaned up the machines, dedusted most everything
out there, moved the Kennedys around so they arent blocking traffic,
fixed a lathe, going to move in a DV-59 second ops lathe tommorow
thats been outside collecting dust for 4 yrs. Ive used it now and
then..but hauling out a 3ph extension cord and knocking off the dust
everytime I needed to use it..pain in the ass. Going to move the wood
burning stove and the tool and cutter grinder and plop it into place
and wire it up.

Only a week and it now looks usable? You _have_ been working. bseg
You have the wood burner for those days it gets below 70F, eh?

--
Believe nothing.
No matter where you read it,
Or who said it,
Even if I have said it,
Unless it agrees with your own reason
And your own common sense.
-- Buddha

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

We made it down to freezing last night. It's 32 right now.
Earlier in the month, it got down to 25 for a couple days.
I got my hoses in -after- it warmed up that first day. The added
insulation in the pump house should be good.

Gunner, making note to cover up some stuff and tarp the open racing
boats

Whip that roomie and put him into action with you, eh?

--
Believe nothing.
No matter where you read it,
Or who said it,
Even if I have said it,
Unless it agrees with your own reason
And your own common sense.
-- Buddha
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 30 Nov 2014 05:18:38 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:
Just went out with my (newly refurbed and returned) (love their
warranty) Kestrel wind meter...she is cold (47F) with a completly
clear sky...and blowing 14 knots (16 mph). out of the south by (a
point or two) southwest

That didn't take too long. You had bagged and tagged that for return
the second day I was there. Do they do upgrades while refurbing?

Wont have any leaves left on the trees by the time I wake up in a few
hours. (making note for the lazy roommate to rake the yard and clean
the leaves out of the rain gutters)

Why? Our leaves usually wait for a freeze to drop.

Maybe Ill say ****it and go sailing today!!!

Watch it die out by the time the sun comes up...sigh

Just to spite you. g

--
Believe nothing.
No matter where you read it,
Or who said it,
Even if I have said it,
Unless it agrees with your own reason
And your own common sense.
-- Buddha
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

Ayup. Keep in mind that I generally am nocturnal..IE I do most of my
work at night out in the shop. View my posting hours...its at 9pm -5
am and mid afternoon. So I spend a lot of time in the early hours out
in the shop. And Im a California desert rat. When it gets down to
the 50s or below...I start looking for my Carrhart insulated coverals.
When it gets down to the low 40s..I dig out my Sorrel pacs to go with
the insulated coveralls.

I grew up in Northern Michigan...the Copper Country..but Ive been in
the desert for 40 yrs..my blood has thinned out ...shrug

So the fireplace/burner is for those nights when it gets down to the
30s and below.

Half the guys come in and see it and smile..ask me if its for heat
treating...(Grin)..the other guys come in and see it and say.."I gotta
get one of those"

Certainly helps a lot when fog season sets in. Havent had a good fog
season for a couple years..but thats because of the drought being at
its worst. Fog goes right through even the Carrharts.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...02239223738450

Based on the dates on the photos...looks like I get "The Bug" every 2
yrs or so...

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...2/ShopJuly2008

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...02602/Shop2008

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...02/ShopMay2011

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422.../ShopDec282012

Evolution at its finest....

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Just went out with my (newly refurbed and returned) (love their
warranty) Kestrel wind meter...she is cold (47F) with a completly
clear sky...and blowing 14 knots (16 mph). out of the south by (a
point or two) southwest

That didn't take too long. You had bagged and tagged that for return
the second day I was there. Do they do upgrades while refurbing?

Ayup. They have a 5 yr warranty on their products. Fix or replace.
Based on the serial number. Guy was selling broken ones on
Ebay..sailing master from a junior sailing club back east..paid $3
for it...but checked the serial number against Kestrals date list
before I bid and it was only 3 yrs old. So shipped it and it was back
in my hands in 2 weeks. I think they simply replaced it. Brand
spanking new one.

http://kestrelmeters.com/

Several of the guys I shoot with have the Kestrel 4500NV

http://kestrelmeters.com/collections...g-ballistics-1

With my little Kestrel 100 and ballistics progs on my smart
phone...didnt need to spend $500....

Wont have any leaves left on the trees by the time I wake up in a few
hours. (making note for the lazy roommate to rake the yard and clean
the leaves out of the rain gutters)

Why? Our leaves usually wait for a freeze to drop.

Maybe Ill say ****it and go sailing today!!!

Watch it die out by the time the sun comes up...sigh

Just to spite you. g

It did. Deader than hell out there and 64F at 2pm

Sigh

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Just went out with my (newly refurbed and returned) (love their
warranty) Kestrel wind meter...she is cold (47F) with a completly
clear sky...and blowing 14 knots (16 mph). out of the south by (a
point or two) southwest

That didn't take too long. You had bagged and tagged that for return
the second day I was there. Do they do upgrades while refurbing?

Ayup. They have a 5 yr warranty on their products. Fix or replace.
Based on the serial number. Guy was selling broken ones on
Ebay..sailing master from a junior sailing club back east..paid $3
for it...but checked the serial number against Kestrals date list
before I bid and it was only 3 yrs old. So shipped it and it was back
in my hands in 2 weeks. I think they simply replaced it. Brand
spanking new one.

Very cool.

http://kestrelmeters.com/

Several of the guys I shoot with have the Kestrel 4500NV

http://kestrelmeters.com/collections...g-ballistics-1

With my little Kestrel 100 and ballistics progs on my smart
phone...didnt need to spend $500....

Helluva sweet deal!

--
Believe nothing.
No matter where you read it,
Or who said it,
Even if I have said it,
Unless it agrees with your own reason
And your own common sense.
-- Buddha

OT... Tom Nie/Sister inquiry and other stuff. Robatoy Woodworking 9 August 8th 06 05:16 PM
Sister update. Robatoy Woodworking 6 June 28th 06 06:30 PM
RANSLEY GET OFF YOUR SISTER Bubba Home Repair 0 February 13th 05 02:16 PM
m RANSLEY STILL PORKIN HIS LITTLE SISTER Bubba Home Repair 2 January 22nd 05 02:00 PM