Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Is that a sister city of Bakersville, CA?

On Sun, 30 Nov 2014 06:27:59 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 30 Nov 2014 05:18:38 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:
Just went out with my (newly refurbed and returned) (love their
warranty) Kestrel wind meter...she is cold (47F) with a completly
clear sky...and blowing 14 knots (16 mph). out of the south by (a
point or two) southwest

That didn't take too long. You had bagged and tagged that for return
the second day I was there. Do they do upgrades while refurbing?

Ayup. They have a 5 yr warranty on their products. Fix or replace.
Based on the serial number. Guy was selling broken ones on
Ebay..sailing master from a junior sailing club back east..paid $3
for it...but checked the serial number against Kestrals date list
before I bid and it was only 3 yrs old. So shipped it and it was back
in my hands in 2 weeks. I think they simply replaced it. Brand
spanking new one.

http://kestrelmeters.com/

Several of the guys I shoot with have the Kestrel 4500NV

http://kestrelmeters.com/collections...g-ballistics-1

With my little Kestrel 100 and ballistics progs on my smart
phone...didnt need to spend $500....

Wont have any leaves left on the trees by the time I wake up in a few
hours. (making note for the lazy roommate to rake the yard and clean
the leaves out of the rain gutters)

Why? Our leaves usually wait for a freeze to drop.

Maybe Ill say ****it and go sailing today!!!

Watch it die out by the time the sun comes up...sigh

Just to spite you. g

It did. Deader than hell out there and 64F at 2pm

Sigh

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke