Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default NEW Millermatic 190 at the 2014 SEMA Show

http://youtu.be/Lu-catime2c
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, November 4, 2014 4:42:25 PM UTC-8, jon_banquer wrote:
http://youtu.be/Lu-catime2c

Now at 10 views.

Inverter technology will be the norm as transformers get phased out.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer wrote:

On Tuesday, November 4, 2014 4:42:25 PM UTC-8, jon_banquer wrote:*
*http://youtu.be/Lu-catime2c*

Now at 10 views.*

Inverter technology will be the norm as transformers get phased out.*

Yeah in general (outside of the welding field which I know very little about), inverters are cheaper and they are known for switching DC from green power to AC.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, November 6, 2014 11:36:36 AM UTC-8, wrote:
jon_banquer wrote:

On Tuesday, November 4, 2014 4:42:25 PM UTC-8, jon_banquer wrote:*
*http://youtu.be/Lu-catime2c*

Now at 10 views.*

Inverter technology will be the norm as transformers get phased out.*

Yeah in general (outside of the welding field which I know very little about), inverters are cheaper and they are known for switching DC from green power to AC.

I'm sure the inverter inside the Millermatic 190 is made in China to their standards.

Miller will have to keep coming up with unique engineering innovations, preferably patented, or it's all over.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer wrote:

On Tuesday, November 4, 2014 4:42:25 PM UTC-8, jon_banquer wrote:*
*http://youtu.be/Lu-catime2c*

Now at 10 views.*

Inverter technology will be the norm as transformers get phased out.*

Yeah in general (outside of the welding field which I know very little about), inverters are cheaper and they are known for switching DC from green power to AC.

I'm sure the inverter inside the Millermatic 190 is made in China to their standards.

Miller will have to keep coming up with unique engineering innovations, preferably patented, or it's all over.

Miller's inverters, including for the 190 and all others, are made by
Miller's Semiconductor Department in Appleton, WI.

Semiconductor components, as with all electronics made everywhere, are
sourced from all over the world. But the inverter assemblies are made
right here in the U.S.

You probably picked that up from one of the blog idiots. All Miller
machines made in China are sold in Asia. I'm in contact with them
every week.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer wrote:

[...]

Wrong again slow Eddy. Miller has welders made with Chinese inverter power supplies. You probably got your misinformation from lack of real hands on experience with Miller welders.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer wrote:

[...]

Cite? This will be news to Miller, and I'd like to fill them in. I'll
be spending time with several of them next week in Atlanta, and I'm
sure they'd like to get the latest news.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer wrote:

[...]

Just checked with Justin in tech at Miller. The 190 is made in the USA from Chinese parts. Miller also has a Chinese division which does make the inverter power supplies in China.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer wrote:

[...]

To be more specific the 190 inverter power supply is assembled in the USA from Chinese parts.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer wrote:

[...]

What do you mean, "Chinese parts"? Semiconductor components, of
course, as I said above.

I'll be meeting with some of their executives next Wednesday. We'll
see what "Justin" was talking about.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer wrote:

[...]

Well, that's what I said, you idiot. The "Chinese parts" probably are
some of the semiconductor components.

Miller has their own department for making inverter units, right in
their Appleton plant.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer wrote:

[...]

You still won't know what you're talking about, slow Eddy. You didn't even know Miller had a separate Chinese division.

With increased competition from the Chinese it's only a matter of time before Miller's Chinese division makes all the inverters for Miller.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer wrote:

[...]

An idiot is someone who has no real hands on experience and writes ad copy for a living. What Miller executives tell you is what you write just as long as Miller is advertising in the worthless, advertising based, magazine you work for.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer wrote:

[...]

Ha-ha! Jon, whenever you make the mistake of bloviating about things
you know nothing about, you get caught. You did it for years with
CAD/CAM, and you got caught constantly. Now, talking about new
developments and big companies in the welding business, you're on my
turf. We publish welding articles every month, and I even have my
Miler/Hobart media contact on my cell phone "favorites" list. 'Same
for Lincoln Electric.

With increased competition from the Chinese it's only a matter of time before Miller's Chinese division makes all the inverters for Miller.

Tell that to ITW. The Chinese "division" makes low-end welders for the
Asian market. They don't make welders for the U.S. Because they're not
in the US market, I don't know much about them, except that Miller has
announced their existence in their press information in the past. You
probably know nothing about them at all, and won't, until you Google
around or call Justin again.

There are a boatload of Chinese welder manufacturers. Few of them have
a toehold in the US, mostly at the hobbyist end of the market. Whether
they make it to the quality commercial end of the market is an open
issue.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer wrote:

[...]

Hey, dimwit, you just said that YOU got your information from someone
at Miller. Too bad you didn't check your facts BEFORE you made your
inaccurate claim. I guess you thought you'd get away with it again.

Is your "hands-on experience" strictly personal, or is it something
you do in groups?

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer wrote:

[...]

I named the person I spoke with at Miller. It's not my fault you're far too stupid to call him and talk with him about Miller's Chinese division which you knew nothing idea about.

You're a blowhard and a lair with no clues. You write ad copy. You have no hands on experience doing CNC machining, CNC programming or welding in a modern CNC machining job shop.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer wrote:

[...]

If I need to call someone at Miller, Jon, I know whom to call.

You're a blowhard and a lair with no clues. You write ad copy. You have no hands on experience doing CNC machining, CNC programming or welding in a modern CNC machining job shop.

Ooohh...widdle Jon's feewings are hurt again. He got caught blowing
smoke, and it always gets him SO upset.

d8-)

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news

wrote:
[...]

The PRC is not the only source of "Chinese parts":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TSMC

-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

Maybe those inverters are made in Banqueristan.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer wrote:

[...]

There is nothing to respond to because all you did was type a load of regurgitated bull**** and stuff I'm already well aware of.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer wrote:

[...]

I could careless who you call at Miller, slow eddy. I named who I called.

I thinks it's funny how you try and show you're an expert at welding when you aren't. It's very similar to the bull**** you have posted for years about CADCAM and CNC machining where you have no actual experience. No real world experience is exactly what your LinkedIn profile shows.

There is a reason why my LinkedIn profile reads like it does.

There is a reason why I have the worldwide endorsements for my skills that you don't.

There is a reason why my LinkedIn group reads like a who's who of the CADCAM business and you have no LinkedIn group of your own.

You're a liar and a blowhard, slow eddy. I know it. Lots of other people know it as well. :)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer wrote:

[...]

Aw, go lick your wounds, Jon, and see if you can get one of your
LinkedIn friends to add "spins like Dervish" to your skills list.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer wrote:

[...]

It seems like you are looking in the mirror, slow eddy. How soon before you realize that there is more to life than writing worthless ad copy and trying to cut it with those who have the experience and skills you never will have?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer wrote:

[...]

Jesus, I never claimed to be an expert at welding. What I am is
someone who knows the major companies in the business, and who is in
frequent contact with them. I know those companies. I've known them
for decades.

It's very similar to the bull**** you have posted for years about CADCAM and CNC machining where you have no actual experience. No real world experience is exactly what your LinkedIn profile shows.

I don't think I ever posted anything about CAD/CAM. Well, I have
repeated a few of the comments your many fans have made about
you...d8-)

There is a reason why my LinkedIn profile reads like it does.

Yeah, you've found your element, Jon...

There is a reason why I have the worldwide endorsements for my skills that you don't.

Yes, there is a reason.

There is a reason why my LinkedIn group reads like a who's who of the CADCAM business and you have no LinkedIn group of your own.

I'll bet that's a Who's Who of software salesmen that's hard to beat.

But I don't have a "group" because, aside from killing time here, I
get paid for what I write.

You're a liar and a blowhard, slow eddy. I know it. Lots of other people know it as well. :)

Dream on, Jon. Dreams are all you have.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer wrote:

[...]

It's so sad...

But, when I retire and quit work, my work will be as worthwhile -- and
will pay as well -- as yours!

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, November 4, 2014 4:42:25 PM UTC-8, jon_banquer wrote:
http://youtu.be/Lu-catime2c

Now at 20 views. Thanks to slow eddy for being a tool I can always can count on to use. :)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, November 6, 2014 3:42:48 PM UTC-8, slow eddy fumbled and stumbled:

slow eddy lies and bull****, snipped

Dream on, Jon. Dreams are all you have.

I've realized most of my machining and CADCAM dreams. :)

On the other hand, you have realized your dream of being a worthless ad copy writer for paid adverting magazines. Some people dream bigger than others do and most don't set the bar as low as you do, slow eddy.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 6 Nov 2014 15:50:52 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Thursday, November 6, 2014 3:42:48 PM UTC-8, slow eddy fumbled and stumbled:

slow eddy lies and bull****, snipped

Dream on, Jon. Dreams are all you have.

I've realized most of my machining and CADCAM dreams. :)

Getting fired was part of your dreams?

On the other hand, you have realized your dream of being a worthless ad copy writer for paid adverting magazines. Some people dream bigger than others do and most don't set the bar as low as you do, slow eddy.

No matter how low it is, it's a hell of a lot higher than yours, you
pnony deadbeat.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer wrote:

[...]

Sad is someone who spends most of their life writing worthless ad copy.

Sad = slow eddy.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer wrote:

[...]

And what's the market value of what you write, Jon? Are those
paychecks coming in regularly?

Or are you being paid what you're worth? In which case, what kind of
welfare are you collecting?

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, November 6, 2014 4:09:26 PM UTC-8, slow eddy tried using the same old lies he always tries using and again failed miserably:

wrote:

On Thursday, November 6, 2014 3:42:48 PM UTC-8, slow eddy fumbled and stumbled:

slow eddy lies and bull****, snipped

Dream on, Jon. Dreams are all you have.

I've realized most of my machining and CADCAM dreams. :)

Getting fired was part of your dreams?

On the other hand, you have realized your dream of being a worthless ad copy writer for paid adverting magazines. Some people dream bigger than others do and most don't set the bar as low as you do, slow eddy.

No matter how low it is, it's a hell of a lot higher than yours, you
pnony deadbeat.

--
Ed Huntress

It doesn't get any more phony than an worthless ad copy writer for paid advertising magazines. :)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, November 6, 2014 4:14:20 PM UTC-8, slow eddy tried to makes excuses about why he's spent his life being a worthless ad copy writer and failed:

The usual slow eddy bull**** and lies snipped

Nothing to respond to.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Thursday, November 6, 2014 3:42:48 PM UTC-8, slow eddy fumbled and stumbled:

slow eddy lies and bull****, snipped

Dream on, Jon. Dreams are all you have.

I've realized most of my machining and CADCAM dreams. :)

Getting fired was part of your dreams?

On the other hand, you have realized your dream of being a worthless ad copy writer for paid adverting magazines. Some people dream bigger than others do and most don't set the bar as low as you do, slow eddy.

No matter how low it is, it's a hell of a lot higher than yours, you
pnony deadbeat.

--
Ed Huntress

It doesn't get any more phony than an worthless ad copy writer for paid advertising magazines. :)

Since you don't take advertising, how much are your "readers" paying
you for subscriptions?

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 6 Nov 2014 16:19:43 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Thursday, November 6, 2014 4:14:20 PM UTC-8, slow eddy tried to makes excuses about why he's spent his life being a worthless ad copy writer and failed:

The usual slow eddy bull**** and lies snipped

Nothing to respond to.

Checkmate. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, November 6, 2014 4:27:50 PM UTC-8, slow eddy tried to be like Hamas in the last Gaza war by claiming he won:

wrote:

On Thursday, November 6, 2014 4:14:20 PM UTC-8, slow eddy tried to makes excuses about why he's spent his life being a worthless ad copy writer and failed:

The usual slow eddy bull**** and lies snipped

Nothing to respond to.

Checkmate. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

What slow eddy really means is he backed himself into a corner like he always does and made a fool out of himself once again.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Thursday, November 6, 2014 4:14:20 PM UTC-8, slow eddy tried to makes excuses about why he's spent his life being a worthless ad copy writer and failed:

The usual slow eddy bull**** and lies snipped

Nothing to respond to.

Checkmate. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

What slow eddy really means is he backed himself into a corner like he always does and made a fool out of himself once again.

What Jon means is that he's factually bankrupt. That doesn't mean he's
out of bull****, though. Nosiree. Just watch! g

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, November 6, 2014 5:03:28 PM UTC-8, slow eddy wrote more useless bull**** that tries to cover his lack of real world hands on experience in a modern CNC machining job shop:

slow eddy bull**** snipped

Nothing to respond to.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, November 4, 2014 4:42:25 PM UTC-8, jon_banquer wrote:
http://youtu.be/Lu-catime2c

Now at over 30 views.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer wrote:

[...]

From what I see, small contractors in S.E.A. are using Chinese made
welders almost universally. Some of small shipyards making flat top
barges are still using transformers :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer wrote:

[...]

From what I see, small contractors in S.E.A. are using Chinese made
welders almost universally. Some of small shipyards making flat top
barges are still using transformers :-)

The U.S. probably will be slow to accept Chinese welding machines,
partly because they tried selling some real junk over here in the past
few years, and hurt their reputation. But that may change.

Regarding barges: Funny you should bring that up. Barge builders are
still using transformers in a lot of cases here, but that's changing.
Here's an article we publshed a few months ago about a big barge
builder in St. Louis who recently switched from transformer welders to
ESAB inverter machines. ESAB had some reliability problems a few years
ago but this barge company, Eagle Fabrication, gave them a hell of a
workout and they've held up great. They apply *miles* of weld bead to
build a big one of these things. This is dual-shield welding:

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/fabs.../march2014/#/7

--
Ed Huntress

DThe Expendables 3 2014 480p Webrip R6 XviD - The Expendables3 2014 480p Webrip R6 XviD.nzb 268151 bytes (1/1) Robert Baer[_3_] Electronic Schematics 0 July 26th 14 07:31 PM
FS Very clean Millermatic 252 [email protected] Metalworking 8 December 11th 11 08:23 AM
Millermatic 35? Wes[_2_] Metalworking 0 October 1st 08 12:54 AM
Millermatic 35? Wes[_2_] Metalworking 2 September 29th 08 10:29 AM
Millermatic 250 JohnM Metalworking 2 July 14th 05 05:59 PM