Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default NEW Millermatic 190 at the 2014 SEMA Show

On Thursday, November 6, 2014 3:44:46 PM UTC-8, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Thu, 6 Nov 2014 15:31:35 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Thursday, November 6, 2014 3:20:48 PM UTC-8, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Thu, 6 Nov 2014 15:11:36 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Thursday, November 6, 2014 2:14:45 PM UTC-8, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Thu, 6 Nov 2014 13:51:40 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Thursday, November 6, 2014 1:48:00 PM UTC-8, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Thu, 6 Nov 2014 13:42:58 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Thursday, November 6, 2014 1:24:25 PM UTC-8, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Thu, 6 Nov 2014 12:44:06 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Thursday, November 6, 2014 11:36:36 AM UTC-8, wrote:
jon_banquer wrote:

On Tuesday, November 4, 2014 4:42:25 PM UTC-8, jon_banquer wrote:*
*http://youtu.be/Lu-catime2c*

Now at 10 views.*

Inverter technology will be the norm as transformers get phased out.*

Yeah in general (outside of the welding field which I know very little about), inverters are cheaper and they are known for switching DC from green power to AC.

I'm sure the inverter inside the Millermatic 190 is made in China to their standards.

Miller will have to keep coming up with unique engineering innovations, preferably patented, or it's all over.

Miller's inverters, including for the 190 and all others, are made by
Miller's Semiconductor Department in Appleton, WI.

Semiconductor components, as with all electronics made everywhere, are
sourced from all over the world. But the inverter assemblies are made
right here in the U.S.

You probably picked that up from one of the blog idiots. All Miller
machines made in China are sold in Asia. I'm in contact with them
every week.

--
Ed Huntress

Just checked with Justin in tech at Miller. The 190 is made in the USA from Chinese parts. Miller also has a Chinese division which does make the inverter power supplies in China.

What do you mean, "Chinese parts"? Semiconductor components, of
course, as I said above.

I'll be meeting with some of their executives next Wednesday. We'll
see what "Justin" was talking about.

--
Ed Huntress

You still won't know what you're talking about, slow Eddy. You didn't even know Miller had a separate Chinese division.

Ha-ha! Jon, whenever you make the mistake of bloviating about things
you know nothing about, you get caught. You did it for years with
CAD/CAM, and you got caught constantly. Now, talking about new
developments and big companies in the welding business, you're on my
turf. We publish welding articles every month, and I even have my
Miler/Hobart media contact on my cell phone "favorites" list. 'Same
for Lincoln Electric.

With increased competition from the Chinese it's only a matter of time before Miller's Chinese division makes all the inverters for Miller.

Tell that to ITW. The Chinese "division" makes low-end welders for the
Asian market. They don't make welders for the U.S. Because they're not
in the US market, I don't know much about them, except that Miller has
announced their existence in their press information in the past. You
probably know nothing about them at all, and won't, until you Google
around or call Justin again.

There are a boatload of Chinese welder manufacturers. Few of them have
a toehold in the US, mostly at the hobbyist end of the market. Whether
they make it to the quality commercial end of the market is an open
issue.

--
Ed Huntress

There is nothing to respond to because all you did was type a load of regurgitated bull**** and stuff I'm already well aware of.

Aw, go lick your wounds, Jon, and see if you can get one of your
LinkedIn friends to add "spins like Dervish" to your skills list.

--
Ed Huntress

It seems like you are looking in the mirror, slow eddy. How soon before you realize that there is more to life than writing worthless ad copy and trying to cut it with those who have the experience and skills you never will have?

It's so sad...

But, when I retire and quit work, my work will be as worthwhile -- and
will pay as well -- as yours!

--
Ed Huntress

Sad is someone who spends most of their life writing worthless ad copy.

Sad = slow eddy.