Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default FS -- Single Phase Bridgeport Milling machine, with Fagor control

Inquire for price

http://yabe.chudov.com/SINGLE-PHASE-...14458-0001.jpg

Located near Chicago.

Wired for single phase.

Fagor control.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default FS -- Single Phase Bridgeport CNC Milling machine, with Fagor control

On 2014-05-21, Ignoramus23449 wrote:
Inquire for price

http://yabe.chudov.com/SINGLE-PHASE-...14458-0001.jpg

Located near Chicago.

Wired for single phase.

Fagor control.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-05-21, Ignoramus23449 wrote:

Inquire for price

http://yabe.chudov.com/SINGLE-PHASE-...14458-0001.jpg

Located near Chicago.

Wired for single phase.

Fagor control.

I think your pal Mark Wieber needs a boat anchor for his floating meth lab/sailboat. Your POS knee mill should work well.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 20 May 2014 19:54:30 -0500, Ignoramus23449
wrote:

Inquire for price

http://yabe.chudov.com/SINGLE-PHASE-...14458-0001.jpg

Located near Chicago.

Wired for single phase.

Fagor control.

How much? And how much backlash in both x/y?

Gunner

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Inquire for price

http://yabe.chudov.com/SINGLE-PHASE-...14458-0001.jpg

Located near Chicago.

Wired for single phase.

Fagor control.

How much for the Kaser screw compressor up on the shelf behind the
mill?
The yellow thingy....

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties
that he favored total civilian firearms confiscation.
Only the military and police should have weapons he averred and what did I think about that?

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Inquire for price

http://yabe.chudov.com/SINGLE-PHASE-...14458-0001.jpg

Located near Chicago.

Wired for single phase.

Fagor control.

How much? And how much backlash in both x/y?

3 k

I did not measure backlash, it has ball screws thought

Gunner

--

"
I was once told by a ?gun safety? advocate back in the Nineties
that he favored total civilian firearms confiscation.
Only the military and police should have weapons he averred and what did I think about that?

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, ?Give me the short answer.?

I thought for a moment and said, ?If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.?"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Inquire for price

http://yabe.chudov.com/SINGLE-PHASE-...14458-0001.jpg

Located near Chicago.

Wired for single phase.

Fagor control.

How much? And how much backlash in both x/y?

3 k

Good price if its in good operating condition

I did not measure backlash, it has ball screws thought

Might want to measure backlash. Got a tenths indicator and a magnetic
base?

I just replaced 13 ballscrews for a company that was auctioning off
all their Omniturns. Some had as much as .002 backlash.

Gunner

Gunner

--

"
I was once told by a ?gun safety? advocate back in the Nineties
that he favored total civilian firearms confiscation.
Only the military and police should have weapons he averred and what did I think about that?

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, ?Give me the short answer.?

I thought for a moment and said, ?If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.?"

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties
that he favored total civilian firearms confiscation.
Only the military and police should have weapons he averred and what did I think about that?

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Inquire for price

http://yabe.chudov.com/SINGLE-PHASE-...14458-0001.jpg

Located near Chicago.

Wired for single phase.

Fagor control.

How much? And how much backlash in both x/y?

3 k

Good price if its in good operating condition

Seems to work fine

I did not measure backlash, it has ball screws thought

Might want to measure backlash. Got a tenths indicator and a magnetic
base?

I do not have time to do it, I will let the buyer figure it out.

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Inquire for price

http://yabe.chudov.com/SINGLE-PHASE-...14458-0001.jpg

Located near Chicago.

Wired for single phase.

Fagor control.

How much? And how much backlash in both x/y?

3 k

Good price if its in good operating condition

Seems to work fine

I did not measure backlash, it has ball screws thought

Might want to measure backlash. Got a tenths indicator and a magnetic
base?

I do not have time to do it, I will let the buyer figure it out.

The cutting tool is going jerk **** all around if the ****ing ballscrew is
worn out.

Backlash settings WILL only help if you're drilling and can afford to
approach holes from the same direction every time.

Then again, you're just a ****ing scrapper, probably on meth, like the rest
of them.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus24233" wrote in
message ...

wrote:

Inquire for price

http://yabe.chudov.com/SINGLE-PHASE-...14458-0001.jpg

Located near Chicago.

Wired for single phase.

Fagor control.

How much? And how much backlash in both x/y?

3 k

Good price if its in good operating condition

Seems to work fine

I did not measure backlash, it has ball screws thought

Might want to measure backlash. Got a tenths indicator and a
magnetic base?

I do not have time to do it, I will let the buyer figure it out.

The cutting tool is going jerk **** all around if the ****ing
ballscrew is worn out.

Any chance you might actually post some metalworking content instead of
wasting your time spewing crap all the time ? You seem to have a few people
that you stalk , and yes I know you don't like me either - and I'm fine with
that .

For example . day before yesterday I figured out a way to index and
sharpen the cheapie face mill that came with my mill on the lathe . Tested
it on a bar of aluminum I cast from scrap , and it makes a way nicer finish
than the flycutteralso homemade . Used the boring head made from scrap
stock to finish bore a couple of spacer plates for a Chevy water pump ,
which were also made from remelted scrap .
What have YOU done lately except criticize ?
--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, May 22, 2014 5:44:20 AM UTC-7, Terry Coombs wrote:
PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

"Ignoramus24233" wrote in

message ...

wrote:

[...]

Wrong again, moron. PrecisionmachinisT doesn't bother because iggy has no real interest in improving his metalworking skill set. iggy is a scrapper and that's all he will ever be. iggy can't learn and he's proved it for years in this newsgroup.

Speaking of not being able to learn, you're a butcher who has no idea how to do precision machining. You're proud of being a hack. You trip over a dollar to get to a penny and you love to brag about it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 22 May 2014 07:44:20 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

The cutting tool is going jerk **** all around if the ****ing
ballscrew is worn out.

See why he's in most of our killfiles?

What have YOU done lately except criticize ?

It must be the only thing he's good for, because it's the only thing
he does.

May all his tenths be 0.100!

--
Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.
-- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

The cutting tool is going jerk **** all around if the ****ing

ballscrew is worn out.

See why he's in most of our killfiles?

What have YOU done lately except criticize ?

It must be the only thing he's good for, because it's the only thing

he does.

May all his tenths be 0.100!

--

Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.

-- Franklin D. Roosevelt

No I don't see it. No one with a clue sees it.

What I see is Larry Jackass, like most Mark Wieber clique of idiot members, never learned to think for himself and is a total failure in life. If Mark Wieber suddenly bent over Larry Jackass would break his neck.

PrecisionmachinisT has a successful machine shop business. He previously worked for Boeing for many years doing tight tolerance work.

Larry Jackass biggest claim to fame is that he's a failed auto mechanic who went to Universal Technical Institute.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"jon_banquer" wrote in message
On Thursday, May 22, 2014 5:44:20 AM UTC-7, Terry Coombs wrote:
PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

"Ignoramus24233" wrote in

message ...

wrote:

Inquire for price

http://yabe.chudov.com/SINGLE-PHASE-...14458-0001.jpg

Located near Chicago.

Wired for single phase.

Fagor control.

How much? And how much backlash in both x/y?

3 k

Good price if its in good operating condition

Seems to work fine

I did not measure backlash, it has ball screws thought

Might want to measure backlash. Got a tenths indicator and a

magnetic base?

I do not have time to do it, I will let the buyer figure it out.

The cutting tool is going jerk **** all around if the ****ing

ballscrew is worn out.

Any chance you might actually post some metalworking content instead of

THE CUTTING TOOL IS GOING TO JERK **** ALL AROUND IF THE ****ING BALLSCREW
IS WORN OUT.....

HAPPY NOW?

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

[...]

Larry thinks he speaks for "most of us"...

--sad, considering that barely a handful ever seem to respond to anything he posts.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-05-22, Terry Coombs wrote:
"Ignoramus24233" wrote in
message ...

wrote:

[...]

I have that loser killfiled.

He is so apoplectic, it would even be funny if it was not so sad.

I cannot imagine how a well adjusted, successful person could be so
venomous.

For example . day before yesterday I figured out a way to index and
sharpen the cheapie face mill that came with my mill on the lathe . Tested
it on a bar of aluminum I cast from scrap , and it makes a way nicer finish
than the flycutteralso homemade . Used the boring head made from scrap
stock to finish bore a couple of spacer plates for a Chevy water pump ,
which were also made from remelted scrap .
What have YOU done lately except criticize ?

I converted that Bridgeport mill to single phase the other day (with
some help from another person, we did it together). It was very easy,
3 phase motor wiring change (stop using reversing starter), and adding
a VFD.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

[...]

WTF, Jon?

Who really gives a damn who went to which school, who worked where, and who's a better machinist? If Iggy is enjoying making a living scrapping junk that no one else wants, and reselling machinery that comes his way, who are you to judge him for it?

If someone here subscribes to the "cut with an ax, hammer to fit" school of metalworking, how does that become something that you need to deride here in *REC*.crafts.metalworking?

On rare occasions, you do add something positive to the conversation, but mostly you (try to) knock people down and declare that the only measure of a professional is how many LinkedIn connections he has. I don't know what rotten tomatoes life has handed to you, but I'm ****ing tired of your whining..
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-05-22, Ignoramus28647 wrote:
I converted that Bridgeport mill to single phase the other day (with
some help from another person, we did it together). It was very easy,
3 phase motor wiring change (stop using reversing starter), and adding
a VFD.

I re-used the reverson starter to send signal to the VFD, instead of
driving the motor.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Larry Jackass speaks for Mark Wieber clique of idiot morons who sadly make up the majority of this group.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

[...]

I don't give a **** what you're tired of you anonymous posting pussy. If you don't like what I post that's just too damn bad. If you're too stupid to understand what iggy and other Mark Wieber clique of idiot members are that's your problem not mine. Now **** of and die you idiot.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-05-22, Terry Coombs wrote:

PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

"Ignoramus24233" wrote in

message ...

[...]

Kill files are for pussies and iggy is a major pussy who can't handle the truth about what he is.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-05-22, Terry Coombs wrote:
"Ignoramus24233" wrote in
message ...
On 2014-05-21, Gunner Asch wrote:

Might want to measure backlash. Got a tenths indicator and a
magnetic base?

I do not have time to do it, I will let the buyer figure it out.

The cutting tool is going jerk **** all around if the ****ing
ballscrew is worn out.

Any chance you might actually post some metalworking content instead of
wasting your time spewing crap all the time ? You seem to have a few people
that you stalk , and yes I know you don't like me either - and I'm fine with
that .

I have that loser killfiled.

He is so apoplectic, it would even be funny if it was not so sad.

I cannot imagine how a well adjusted, successful person could be so
venomous.

You're obviously either too stupid or too ****ing lazy to check for backlash and so I warned any unsuspecting purchasers that bad ballscrews can indeed
cause significant problems....

--if that makes me a venomous, apoplectic, loser in your meth-addled brain then you've got much bigger problems than I'd realized.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 22 May 2014 16:09:10 -0500, Ignoramus28647

On 2014-05-22, Terry Coombs wrote:
"Ignoramus24233" wrote in
message ...

wrote:

[...]

Well adjusted people aren't so venomous, it the losers that are
jealous.
--
Cheers,

John B.
(invalid to gmail)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, May 22, 2014 3:24:48 PM UTC-7, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

You're obviously either too stupid or too ****ing lazy to check for backlash and so I warned any unsuspecting purchasers that bad ballscrews can indeed

After years of reading iggy's posts to this newsgroup I've come to realize he's both. Truly amazing how few others realize it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-05-22, Terry Coombs wrote:

PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

"Ignoramus24233" wrote in

message ...

wrote:

[...]

It's more like I'm sick of the Mark Wieber clique of idiots (of which your a proud member) and what they have done to this newsgroup.

No More Mr. Nice Guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GASv1PJRgZI

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-05-22, Terry Coombs wrote:
Any chance you might actually post some metalworking content
instead of wasting your time spewing crap all the time ? You seem
to have a few people that you stalk , and yes I know you don't like
me either - and I'm fine with that .

I have that loser killfiled.

He is so apoplectic, it would even be funny if it was not so sad.

I cannot imagine how a well adjusted, successful person could be so
venomous.

Well adjusted people aren't so venomous, it the losers that are
jealous.

Oh I'm a happy hippy yeah yeah yeah ... I do have banqueer killfiled , but
occasionally I like to yank PrecisionMoaner's chain . It's fun to watch him
froth at the mouth over the stupidest little things .
--
Snag

Metalworking content : Yesterday I finished assembling my neighbor's 9.9
Evinrude lower unit . He had someone install a new water pump , the guy
drained the oil and didn't replace it OR tell the owner ... Tore up some
gears and bearings , and damaged the thrust face for the reverse gear . I
had to take .015 off that face to clean it up , and the same off the face
where it bolts to the unit to maintain running clearances . Motor runs well
now , and the gearcase runs smooth and cool .

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, May 24, 2014 6:34:34 AM UTC-7, Terry Coombs wrote:

Oh I'm a happy hippy yeah yeah yeah ... I do have banqueer killfiled , but

occasionally I like to yank PrecisionMoaner's chain . It's fun to watch him

froth at the mouth over the stupidest little things .

The only chain a moron like Coombs yanks is his own. He's so stupid he doesn't even realize it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"jon_banquer" wrote in message ...
On Saturday, May 24, 2014 6:34:34 AM UTC-7, Terry Coombs wrote:

Oh I'm a happy hippy yeah yeah yeah ... I do have banqueer killfiled , but

occasionally I like to yank PrecisionMoaner's chain . It's fun to watch him

froth at the mouth over the stupidest little things .

The only chain a moron like Coombs yanks is his own. He's so stupid he doesn't even realize it.

My first outboard was a Johnson Sea Horse 2-1/2...it had a spark advance lever that along the front cover...it was presented to me as a box full of parts in the bottom of a flat bottom plywood duck boat, when I was about nine years old...

Took a couple days to put it together but I sure had a lot of fun that particular summer....

Also, I learned it's a good idea to carry a couple of nails in your pocket to use as shear pins for in the event the prop is run aground, and that if water gets in your fuel, you can usually dump the fuel bowl and clear it from the cylinder by removing the spark plug and cranking it a few times but in that, it's VERY important to not accidentally drop the ****ing spark plug into 120 feet of salt water, especially if you don't have a set of oars on board.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, May 24, 2014 1:21:17 PM UTC-7, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:
[...]

iggy was given the same parts to an outboard motor that you were. He was the same age. Instead of taking the time to closely examine the parts and trying to figure out how they went together, iggy complained he didn't have a manual, that there was no Usenet to ask question after question about how it should go together, etc. If Usenet has existed back then iggy would have requested step by step pictures on how to put it together, etc.

Instead of making the effort to put the outboard motor together and selling it as a working item, iggy gave up with a whimper and sold the outboard motor parts for scrap. In doing so iggy proved to future Mark Wieber clique of idiot members that he's a genius at stepping over a dollar to get to a penny.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

PrecisionmachinisT wrote:
[...]

I don't recall the brand on it , but Dad had a little 3 horse motor that
we used on a series of small boats . No reverse , but you could spin the
motor around so it'd pull the boat backwards . Great little motor for
trolling for trout on the small reservoirs around northern Utah/southern
Idaho where I grew up . Those sure were simpler times .
--
Snag
Oh , and Jonny boi , you haven't a clue about how smart I am . Ever heard

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, May 24, 2014 3:14:34 PM UTC-7, Terry Coombs wrote:
PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

[...]

Anyone notice how Coombs claims I'm in his kill file but still manages to read everything I post?

BBBBBBBWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Coombs, like iggy and most of Mark Wieber's clique of idiots, specializes in stepping over dollars to get to pennies.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Terry Coombs" fired this volley in news:fR8gv.443436
:

Great little motor for
trolling for trout on the small reservoirs around northern

Utah/southern
Idaho where I grew up . Those sure were simpler times .

Craftsman (Sears) and Western Auto sold small outboards of that ilk for a
long time.

I had one with a 'tophat' tank that wrapped around the starter cord
spindle, and had the same full-rotation capability. Maybe 2HP...
(maybe).

Worked great on a transom-stern canoe.

Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-05-22, Terry Coombs wrote:
Any chance you might actually post some metalworking content
instead of wasting your time spewing crap all the time ? You seem
to have a few people that you stalk , and yes I know you don't like
me either - and I'm fine with that .

I have that loser killfiled.

He is so apoplectic, it would even be funny if it was not so sad.

I cannot imagine how a well adjusted, successful person could be so
venomous.

Well adjusted people aren't so venomous, it the losers that are
jealous.

Oh I'm a happy hippy yeah yeah yeah ... I do have banqueer killfiled , but
occasionally I like to yank PrecisionMoaner's chain . It's fun to watch him
froth at the mouth over the stupidest little things .

When you put remarks below the "--" it deletes them :-)

anyway, I thought that gears in an outboard lower end were hardened.
You seem to say that they are soft enough to machine. With Carbide?
A mate is "the outboard guy" down in Phuket and if there are repairs
that can be made I'd like to let him know.
--
Cheers,

John B.
(invalid to gmail)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 24 May 2014 17:14:34 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

PrecisionmachinisT wrote:
[...]

They still make 'em. Most of the outboard companies have them in
either 2.5 or 3.0 HP. The motors are the same but the 3 HP has a
slightly larger carb and usually a neutral - go lever.
--
Cheers,

John B.
(invalid to gmail)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 2014-05-22, Terry Coombs wrote:
[...]

Yes , I know that anything below the "--" is deleted . The parts I
machined are aluminum , the part that the prop shaft comes thru . The
reverse gear rides against a thrust face on that part , when it ran without
oil that face was galled by the gear . I took .015 off to clean it up , then
took the same off the surface that meets the body of the lower unit to
maintain the proper clearance on the pinion gear/reverse interface . A lot
simpler than it sounds , actually .
The forward and pinion were both trashed and replaced , along with all but
one bearing .
--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 2014-05-22, Terry Coombs wrote:
[...]

Ah, makes sense now. I thought you were talking about the shift thingy
that slides back and forth.
--
Cheers,

John B.