Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The Pussification of the American Male

Got one for me too, jon?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, May 19, 2014 1:23:16 PM UTC-4, pyotr filipivich wrote:
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com on Sat, 17 May

2014 19:21:50 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Butch Hatfield fired this volley in

:

There was a time in this country when most men would have acted just

like I did. When I was kid the adult men were all WWII vets and those

guys put up with no ****. Consequently we had little crime in our

neighborhood. A lot of fist fights but little crime. In that exact

same neighborhood we now have the opposite. No fist fights but a ****

load of bull**** crime and good men that do nothing. They have all the

excuses down about having kids, fearing lawsuits and guns but all this

is simply caving into cowardice.

Amen! Of the fifty or so kids my age in high school, only TWO ever got

in trouble. One for running 'shine', and another for beating up his mom.

Well, the first one is covered under the general rubric of

"apprentice ship" but the other one - nope, no how.

Each suceeding generation is becoming more understanding than the previous and a lot of people don't like how that tarnishes older generations.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Monday, May 19, 2014 3:55:04 PM UTC-4, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
fired this volley in : You were all a heck of a bunch more butt-ignorant than today's generation. Just look at R&D today. It says it all. Phhttt! I TRAINED today's generation of R&D folks. Unless you go to India, you will NOT find the technical skills our "space generation" had (and I'm not sure their 'service-based' technology is as good).

We solved every technical problem you can name. Name any modern product you want (including your fancy cell phone), and we built the technology on which it's based. Polymer chemistry? Yeah the Germans started it. We finished it. Integrated circuits? We invented them, from scratch. Computers? We were the only ones who could build them! "Butt-ignorant"?

We were - no ARE - "the greatest generation". We just don't have much more
time to try to inculcate that knowlege into the next. Lloyd

Fuss all you want. But, the NEXT generation is always smarter and has women doing more than *YOUR* generation.

Bull****. The give diplomas to brain dead jackasses like you, just
so they don't hurt their self esteem.

(This generation has solved tons of problems that YOUR'S created, BY THE WAY)

I bet they gave you a big old trophy, just for showing up at school
from time to time.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, May 19, 2014 4:01:43 PM UTC-7, Michael Terrell wrote:

[...]

The above was written by a bitter, handicapped, angry, asshole who is too poor to fix the leaking roofs on his detached buildings.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 19 May 2014 14:19:22 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

[...]

Or thats what you claim. In your ignorance.

(This generation has solved tons of problems that YOUR'S created, BY THE WAY)

Which ones? So hows that Hopey/Changey thingy working out these days?

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, May 19, 2014 7:46:51 PM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

Which ones?

That's easy. More solar and wind power. Employing sea water as fuel. Better health care. Wanna hear more?

So hows that Hopey/Changey thingy working out these days?

Sure beats the big oil CRAP of the previous WH occupant.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

Jon, this room has so many worthless bums, its really pathetic isn't it. All these guys can do is repeat stuff that they heard on TV some 20 yrs ago.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, May 19, 2014 6:03:46 AM UTC-7, Richard wrote:
Got one for me too, jon?

You're not even remotely close to being as bitter and mentally handicapped as Terrell is.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

There are a lot of very smart people in this newsgroup that stopped learning many years ago. Sadly, they now think they know it all. The reality is that they are resting on their laurels. None of these losers has done much in the way of learning for a long, long time.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus23449 fired this volley in
:

Sea water is a perfectly renewable resource, because after burning it
condenses back to seawater. It is also non-polluting. Soon, USA will
be exporting seawater to other countries, using giant tanker ships.

Yup! G
Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 20 May 2014 13:33:02 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

fired this volley in news:29799071-32ba-4680-9877-
:

Employing sea water as fuel

Just the kind of gibberish I'd expect a non-technical generation to utter.

Are you guys -still- letting that troll in? tsk, tsk, tsk

--
Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.
-- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/20/2014 2:38 PM, jon_banquer wrote:
On Monday, May 19, 2014 6:03:46 AM UTC-7, Richard wrote:
Got one for me too, jon?

You're not even remotely close to being as bitter and mentally handicapped as Terrell is.

Should I take that as a compliment?
Or damned with faint praise?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Richard fired this volley in
m:

Should I take that as a compliment?
Or damned with faint praise?

I don't see the queer's postings, but yours I saw.

I'd call that "damned with faggot praise".

Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Richard fired this volley in
:

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/04/...ure-navy-devel
ops-technology-to-turn-seawater-into-fuel/?intcmp=features

That's hilarious! Leave it to Fox to Fox up the real story!

Apparently, they missed thermodynamics class, or they're lying about what
it is they're actually 'extracting' from the sea water.

Maybe they're filtering out oyster oil and burning that as fuel! G

Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, May 20, 2014 4:10:06 PM UTC-7, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
Richard fired this volley in

m:

Should I take that as a compliment?

Or damned with faint praise?

I don't see the queer's postings, but yours I saw.

I'd call that "damned with faggot praise".

Lloyd

Loud is still mad that I realized he stopped learning a long time ago.

Loud isn't able to grasp solid modeling and he's stuck in the past.

Loud can't grasp modern machining concepts like what high speed toolpaths are and how to use them.

Loud just keeps making a bigger and bigger fool out of himself.

More please, uncle Loud! Much more you pussy. :)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

fired this volley in
:

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/04/...ure-navy-devel
ops-technology-to-turn-seawater-into-fuel/?intcmp=features

That's hilarious! Leave it to Fox to Fox up the real story!

Apparently, they missed thermodynamics class, or they're lying about what
it is they're actually 'extracting' from the sea water.

Maybe they're filtering out oyster oil and burning that as fuel!G

Lloyd

The fuel is created with the help of an electrolytic cation exchange
module, a machine which removes carbon dioxide from seawater while
simultaneously producing hydrogen. The gases are then formed into liquid
hydrocarbons by a metal catalyst in a reactor system, the lab said in a
statement.

"In close collaboration with the Office of Naval Research P38 Naval
Reserve program, NRL has developed a game changing technology for
extracting, simultaneously, CO2 and H2 from seawater," said Dr. Heather
Willauer, an NRL research chemist. “This is the first time technology of
this nature has been demonstrated with the potential for transition,
from the laboratory, to full-scale commercial implementation.”

and

NRL has made significant advances in the development of a gas-to-liquids
(GTL) synthesis process to convert CO2 and H2 from seawater to a
fuel-like fraction of C9-C16 molecules. In the first patented step, an
iron-based catalyst has been developed that can achieve CO2 conversion
levels up to 60 percent and decrease unwanted methane production in
favor of longer-chain unsaturated hydrocarbons (olefins). These
value-added hydrocarbons from this process serve as building blocks for
the production of industrial chemicals and designer fuels.
Fuel From Sea Concept - Carbon Capture SkidE-CEM Carbon Capture Skid.
The E-CEM was mounted onto a portable skid along with a reverse osmosis
unit, power supply, pump, proprietary carbon dioxide recovery system,
and hydrogen stripper to form a carbon capture system [dimensions of 63"
x 36" x 60"].

(Photo: U.S. Naval Research Laboratory)

In the second step these olefins can be converted to compounds of a
higher molecular using controlled polymerization. The resulting liquid
contains hydrocarbon molecules in the carbon range, C9-C16, suitable for
use a possible renewable replacement for petroleum based jet fuel.

The predicted cost of jet fuel using these technologies is in the range
of $3-$6 per gallon, and with sufficient funding and partnerships, this
approach could be commercially viable within the next seven to ten
years. Pursuing remote land-based options would be the first step
towards a future sea-based solution.

The minimum modular carbon capture and fuel synthesis unit is envisioned
to be scaled-up by the addition individual E-CEM modules and reactor
tubes to meet fuel demands.

NRL operates a lab-scale fixed-bed catalytic reactor system and the
outputs of this prototype unit have confirmed the presence of the
required C9-C16 molecules in the liquid. This lab-scale system is the
first step towards transitioning the NRL technology into commercial
modular reactor units that may be scaled-up by increasing the length and
number of reactors.

The process efficiencies and the capability to simultaneously produce
large quantities of H2, and process the seawater without the need for
additional chemicals or pollutants, has made these technologies far
superior to previously developed and tested membrane and ion exchange
technologies for recovery of CO2 from seawater or air.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Richard" wrote in message
m...

The fuel is created with the help of an electrolytic cation exchange
module, a machine which removes carbon dioxide from seawater while
simultaneously producing hydrogen. The gases are then formed into
liquid hydrocarbons by a metal catalyst in a reactor system, the lab
said in a statement.

Oh, it isn't progress in synthetic photosynthesis, instead they are
updating the old Fischer-Tropsch process:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fischer...ropsch_process
"Being petroleum-poor but coal-rich, Germany used the Fischer–Tropsch
process during World War II to produce ersatz (replacement) fuels.
Fischer–Tropsch production accounted for an estimated 9% of German war
production of fuels and 25% of the automobile fuel."

It does NOT create energy from water, but it turns hydrogen from water
and carbon monoxide from dioxide into hydrocarbons with the addition
of external energy. Basically it converts a less versatile source of
energy like coal into liquid fuel.

In the 1800's 'water gas' for streetlights was made from water and
coal by a cruder version.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_gas
"The reaction is endothermic so the fuel must be continually re-heated
to keep the reaction going."

-jsw