Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The Pussification of the American Male

fired this volley in
:

You were all a heck of a bunch more butt-ignorant than today's
generation. Just look at R&D today. It says it all.

Phhttt! I TRAINED today's generation of R&D folks. Unless you go to
India, you will NOT find the technical skills our "space generation" had
(and I'm not sure their 'service-based' technology is as good).

We solved every technical problem you can name. Name any modern product
you want (including your fancy cell phone), and we built the technology
on which it's based.

Polymer chemistry? Yeah the Germans started it. We finished it.
Integrated circuits? We invented them, from scratch.
Computers? We were the only ones who could build them!

"Butt-ignorant"? We were - no ARE - "the greatest generation". We just
don't have much more time to try to inculcate that knowlege into the
next.

Lloyd