Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default BricsCAD Now Runs On Linux

http://www.bricsys.com/common/news.jsp?item=981

It's an affordable CAD solution that offers solid Part and Assembly modeling.

For the price it's sold at it's a bargain and I expect it to continue to get better. It sells for less than $1,000

It's got some great technology but needs an all new user interface.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2/13/2014 3:15 PM, jon_banquer wrote:
http://www.bricsys.com/common/news.jsp?item=981

It's an affordable CAD solution that offers solid Part and Assembly modeling.

For the price it's sold at it's a bargain and I expect it to continue to get better. It sells for less than $1,000

It's got some great technology but needs an all new user interface.

DesignCAD runs about $69. It will run under WINE.

$1000 a cad system is a bit much these days.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, February 13, 2014 5:28:27 PM UTC-8, Richard wrote:
On 2/13/2014 3:15 PM, jon_banquer wrote:

http://www.bricsys.com/common/news.jsp?item=981

It's an affordable CAD solution that offers solid Part and Assembly modeling.

For the price it's sold at it's a bargain and I expect it to continue to get better. It sells for less than $1,000

It's got some great technology but needs an all new user interface.

DesignCAD runs about $69. It will run under WINE.

$1000 a cad system is a bit much these days.

DesignCAD doesn't come remotely close to what BricsCAD offers.

DesignCAD:

http://www.imsidesign.com/Products/D...3/Key-Features

BricsCAD:

https://www.bricsys.com/en_INTL/bricscad/features/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2/13/2014 7:56 PM, jon_banquer wrote:
On Thursday, February 13, 2014 5:28:27 PM UTC-8, Richard wrote:
On 2/13/2014 3:15 PM, jon_banquer wrote:

http://www.bricsys.com/common/news.jsp?item=981
It's an affordable CAD solution that offers solid Part and Assembly modeling.
For the price it's sold at it's a bargain and I expect it to continue to get better. It sells for less than $1,000
It's got some great technology but needs an all new user interface.

DesignCAD runs about $69. It will run under WINE.
$1000 a cad system is a bit much these days.

DesignCAD doesn't come remotely close to what BricsCAD offers.

DesignCAD:
http://www.imsidesign.com/Products/D...3/Key-Features
BricsCAD:
https://www.bricsys.com/en_INTL/bricscad/features/

I dunno about that, jon.

Unless those assemblies can be articulated, in which case it's not
really a CAD system, but a modeling system.

And - unless we are talking about high-end _professional_ systems,
I still think $1000 is over the top for a CAD program.

By the way...
DesignCAD 3D MAX - in the hands of a true artist!
http://www.okieboat.com/CAD%20model.html

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:42:18 PM UTC-8, Richard wrote:
[...]

Of course the Assemblies in BricsCAD can be articulated. That's what the constraints are there for. Those would be the constraints that DesignCAD 3D Max doesn't have.

Why anyone would want to use a CAD program that didn't offer assembly modeling and constraints is beyond me. In better CAD programs I also expect powerful 2D kinematics.

http://www.solidworks.com/sw/product...l-overview.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2/14/2014 3:25 AM, jon_banquer wrote:
[...]

I can think of about 1000 reasons.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 02/13/2014 07:28 PM, Richard wrote:
On 2/13/2014 3:15 PM, jon_banquer wrote:
http://www.bricsys.com/common/news.jsp?item=981

It's an affordable CAD solution that offers solid Part and Assembly
modeling.

For the price it's sold at it's a bargain and I expect it to continue
to get better. It sells for less than $1,000

It's got some great technology but needs an all new user interface.

DesignCAD runs about $69. It will run under WINE.

$1000 a cad system is a bit much these days.

ATTENTION newsgroup:
Given how stupid jon banqueer is and how little he knows about
metallic things, any recommendation he makes is 100 % bull****.

technomaNge
--
Ole jb would lie when the truth would do.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, February 14, 2014 8:23:56 PM UTC-8, Anonymous posting pussy technomaNge made a complete fool out of himself yet again.

snip

My LinkedIn connections and endorsements for my CADCAM skills speaks volumes over an anonymous posting pussy like technomaNge.

technomaNge is a Mark Wieber clique of idiot with no clues.

The membership of my LinkedIn group, CADCAM Technology Leaders group, which has almost 1,600 members, reads like a who's who of the CADCAM business.

My blog Why Mastercam Is The Wrong Choice is the most successful independent blog on Masteram on the Internet with well over 100,000 page views.

My blog CADCAM Technology Leaders was the forerunner to my LinkedIn group of the same name and also has a very high page view count.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2/15/2014 12:19 AM, jon_banquer wrote:
On Friday, February 14, 2014 8:23:56 PM UTC-8, Anonymous posting pussy technomaNge made a complete fool out of himself yet again.

snip

My LinkedIn connections and endorsements for my CADCAM skills speaks volumes over an anonymous posting pussy like technomaNge.

technomaNge is a Mark Wieber clique of idiot with no clues.

The membership of my LinkedIn group, CADCAM Technology Leaders group, which has almost 1,600 members, reads like a who's who of the CADCAM business.

My blog Why Mastercam Is The Wrong Choice is the most successful independent blog on Masteram on the Internet with well over 100,000 page views.

My blog CADCAM Technology Leaders was the forerunner to my LinkedIn group of the same name and also has a very high page view count.

jon, I can understand being upset about posts like that.
Personal attacks suck.

But seriously?
I don't give two ****s about blogs.
Show me some of YOUR work.

I've already shown mine.
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb/draft.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, February 14, 2014 10:59:58 PM UTC-8, Richard wrote:
[...]

Anonymous posting pussies, Mark Weiber clique of idiot members and morons with no clues don't bother me. I enjoy wasting them.

I worked here for several years. Lots of my work can be seen in the photos.

http://www.pyramidprecision.com/

Majority of stuff I program has to conform to ITAR and can't be shown.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 06:38:07 -0600, Richard
wrote:

[...]

Richard, it sounds like the old joke about the CIA, "I could tell you
but then I'd have to shoot you".

--
Cheers,

John B.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, February 16, 2014 9:40:04 AM UTC-8, Richard wrote:
On 2/16/2014 5:51 AM, John B. wrote:

I worked here for several years. Lots of my work can be seen in the photos.

http://www.pyramidprecision.com/

Majority of stuff I program has to conform to ITAR and can't be shown.

Uh-Huh...

Richard, it sounds like the old joke about the CIA, "I could tell you

but then I'd have to shoot you".

Yep...

Sounds to me like two people who don't understand the ramifications of what doing work that has to comply with ITAR regulations means.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, February 16, 2014 11:37:39 AM UTC-8, jon_banquer wrote:
On Sunday, February 16, 2014 9:40:04 AM UTC-8, Richard wrote:

On 2/16/2014 5:51 AM, John B. wrote:

I worked here for several years. Lots of my work can be seen in the photos.

http://www.pyramidprecision.com/

Majority of stuff I program has to conform to ITAR and can't be shown.

Uh-Huh...

Richard, it sounds like the old joke about the CIA, "I could tell you

but then I'd have to shoot you".

Yep...

Sounds to me like two people who don't understand the ramifications of what doing work that has to comply with ITAR regulations means.

Strike the word regulations from the sentence above. It's repetitive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interna...ms_Regulations

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 11:40:04 -0600, Richard
wrote:

On 2/16/2014 5:51 AM, John B. wrote:

I worked here for several years. Lots of my work can be seen in the photos.

http://www.pyramidprecision.com/

Majority of stuff I program has to conform to ITAR and can't be shown.

Uh-Huh...

Richard, it sounds like the old joke about the CIA, "I could tell you
but then I'd have to shoot you".

Yep...

I have more than a passing familiarity with ITAR.

You DONT **** with ITAR. If you do..you can wind up in prison. At
the least...you will lose your job and be blacklisted in the industry.

Shrug.

I have photos of an ITAR shop in my picasa albums. No..zero parts are
shown that can be viewed for detail that are covered under ITAR

The client who owns the shop had to review each and every photo before
I posted them.

Gunner

--
"You guess the truth hurts?

Really?

"Hurt" aint the word.

For Liberals, the truth is like salt to a slug.
Sunlight to a vampire.
Raid® to a cockroach.
Sheriff Brody to a shark
Bush to a Liberal

The truth doesn't just hurt. It's painful, like a red hot poker shoved
up their ass. Like sliding down a hundred foot razor blade using their
dick as a brake.

They HATE the truth."

---