Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default BricsCAD Now Runs On Linux

On 2/13/2014 7:56 PM, jon_banquer wrote:
On Thursday, February 13, 2014 5:28:27 PM UTC-8, Richard wrote:
On 2/13/2014 3:15 PM, jon_banquer wrote:

http://www.bricsys.com/common/news.jsp?item=981
It's an affordable CAD solution that offers solid Part and Assembly modeling.
For the price it's sold at it's a bargain and I expect it to continue to get better. It sells for less than $1,000
It's got some great technology but needs an all new user interface.

DesignCAD runs about $69. It will run under WINE.
$1000 a cad system is a bit much these days.

DesignCAD doesn't come remotely close to what BricsCAD offers.

DesignCAD:
http://www.imsidesign.com/Products/D...3/Key-Features
BricsCAD:
https://www.bricsys.com/en_INTL/bricscad/features/

I dunno about that, jon.

Unless those assemblies can be articulated, in which case it's not
really a CAD system, but a modeling system.

And - unless we are talking about high-end _professional_ systems,
I still think $1000 is over the top for a CAD program.

By the way...
DesignCAD 3D MAX - in the hands of a true artist!
http://www.okieboat.com/CAD%20model.html