Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Forging pics in dropbox

I posted some pics of my middle son trying out the forge for the first
time.

http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/Benatforge01.jpg
doing the tines (while bent out to a T shape)

http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/Benatforge02.jpg
the forge I welded up for Matt back when

http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/Benatforge03.jpg
doing the handle end

http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/Benatforge04.jpg
Ben having fun.

Pete Keillor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 09:40:12 -0600, Pete Keillor
wrote:

I posted some pics of my middle son trying out the forge for the first
time.

http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/Benatforge01.jpg
doing the tines (while bent out to a T shape)

http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/Benatforge02.jpg
the forge I welded up for Matt back when

http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/Benatforge03.jpg
doing the handle end

http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/Benatforge04.jpg
Ben having fun.

Pete Keillor

NICE!!

--
"Owning a sailboat is like marrying a nymphomaniac. You don’t want to do that
but it is great if your best friend does. That way you get all the benefits without any of the upkeep"

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/3/2014 7:40 AM, Pete Keillor wrote:
I posted some pics of my middle son trying out the forge for the first
time.

LOL! I misinterpreted the subject line to mean someone was altering
pictures that had been put up on DropBox!

http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/Benatforge01.jpg
doing the tines (while bent out to a T shape)

http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/Benatforge02.jpg
the forge I welded up for Matt back when

http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/Benatforge03.jpg
doing the handle end

http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/Benatforge04.jpg
Ben having fun.

Pete Keillor

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I posted some pics of my middle son trying out the forge for the first
time.

http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/Benatforge01.jpg
doing the tines (while bent out to a T shape)

http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/Benatforge02.jpg
the forge I welded up for Matt back when

http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/Benatforge03.jpg
doing the handle end

http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/Benatforge04.jpg
Ben having fun.

Pete Keillor

NICE!!

Damn. It's sobering. Someone actually out there pounding cherry red
metal. What's next?

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I posted some pics of my middle son trying out the forge for the first
time.

http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/Benatforge01.jpg
doing the tines (while bent out to a T shape)

Oh, I see what his problem is. It's technique. He's supposed to heat
the piece he's holding there in the tongs, and then put it across the
anvil to beat on with the hammer. He's holding that one straight up.
Have him try my method and tell me what he thinks.

http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/Benatforge02.jpg
the forge I welded up for Matt back when

Big sucker! How many gallons per mile does it use?

http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/Benatforge03.jpg
doing the handle end

There he's got it.

http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/Benatforge04.jpg
Ben having fun.

That's hard (but fun) work. I used to hang around the blacksmith's
shop at the Vista Gas and Steam Museum years back and had the chance
to try my hand. It's definitely a learned art which takes lots of
time and patience.

Luck to him!

--
Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing.
This is the ultimate. -- Chuang-tzu