geoff m

Default Sawhorse pics in dropbox

A wee project for the weekend was makign some sawhorses. The builders
left some wooden ones behind 5 years ago, and they are finally
expiring. they also take a lot of room when you don't need them. I
made a pair with folding legs, where the legs fold parallel with the
top so the whole lot can live in the rafters between times.
See sawhorse1.jpg, sawhorse2.jpg and sawhorse.txt in the
http://www.metalworking.com dropbox.
Geoff
Jeff Wisnia

geoff m wrote:
A wee project for the weekend was makign some sawhorses. The builders
left some wooden ones behind 5 years ago, and they are finally
expiring. they also take a lot of room when you don't need them. I
made a pair with folding legs, where the legs fold parallel with the
top so the whole lot can live in the rafters between times.
See sawhorse1.jpg, sawhorse2.jpg and sawhorse.txt in the
http://www.metalworking.com dropbox.
Geoff

Neat job Geoff!

Another Jeff

_____________________

P.S. Click on last thumbnail on the page below for my sawhorse photo.

Metal content: steel threshold and top corner pieces on this father-son
project from year 2000.

http://home.comcast.net/%7Ejwisnia18/ben/qpipe.htm

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Ted Edwards

geoff m wrote:
See sawhorse1.jpg, sawhorse2.jpg and sawhorse.txt in the
http://www.metalworking.com dropbox.

sawhorse.txt got lost in the shuffle.

Ted
Al A.

On 7 Jun 2005 00:32:02 -0500, geoff m
wrote:

A wee project for the weekend was makign some sawhorses. The builders
left some wooden ones behind 5 years ago, and they are finally
expiring. they also take a lot of room when you don't need them. I
made a pair with folding legs, where the legs fold parallel with the
top so the whole lot can live in the rafters between times.
See sawhorse1.jpg, sawhorse2.jpg and sawhorse.txt in the
http://www.metalworking.com dropbox.
Geoff

WOW! Those are "Military Grade" sawhorses if I ever saw some.
I'm betting that you could actually put a horse on them, and
saw him in two.

Nice job!

AL A.
geoff m

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 09:47:23 -0400, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

geoff m wrote:
A wee project for the weekend was makign some sawhorses. The builders
left some wooden ones behind 5 years ago, and they are finally
expiring. they also take a lot of room when you don't need them. I
made a pair with folding legs, where the legs fold parallel with the
top so the whole lot can live in the rafters between times.
See sawhorse1.jpg, sawhorse2.jpg and sawhorse.txt in the
http://www.metalworking.com dropbox.
Geoff

Neat job Geoff!

Another Jeff

_____________________

P.S. Click on last thumbnail on the page below for my sawhorse photo.

Metal content: steel threshold and top corner pieces on this father-son
project from year 2000.

http://home.comcast.net/%7Ejwisnia18/ben/qpipe.htm

AHh, so you have gone for saw-hore breeding. Takes longer than merely
cloning them like I did :-)
Geoff

Gerald Miller

On 7 Jun 2005 17:41:02 -0500, geoff m
wrote:

AHh, so you have gone for saw-hore breeding. Takes longer than merely
cloning them like I did :-)
Geoff

Had my full four horse hitch in use today - mitering some trim for
SWMBO's redecorating project. One pair supporting my outdoor work
bench (long palette) with the mitre box screwed down, and the other
pair built up with scrap to support the loose end of the work piece.
These horses started life shetland pony size, but I had to give them
longer legs to mount my compost sifter above the one wheel dump truck.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Gerald Miller

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 19:31:55 GMT, Ted Edwards
wrote:

geoff m wrote:
See sawhorse1.jpg, sawhorse2.jpg and sawhorse.txt in the
http://www.metalworking.com dropbox.

sawhorse.txt got lost in the shuffle.

Ted

Have to tickle it a couple times.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Errol Groff

wrote:

A wee project for the weekend was makign some sawhorses. The builders
left some wooden ones behind 5 years ago, and they are finally
expiring. they also take a lot of room when you don't need them. I
made a pair with folding legs, where the legs fold parallel with the
top so the whole lot can live in the rafters between times.
See sawhorse1.jpg, sawhorse2.jpg and sawhorse.txt in the
http://www.metalworking.com dropbox.
Geoff

Our motto: A job worth doing is worth overdoing.

Errol Groff
Jeff Wisnia

wrote:

A wee project for the weekend was makign some sawhorses. The builders
left some wooden ones behind 5 years ago, and they are finally
expiring. they also take a lot of room when you don't need them. I
made a pair with folding legs, where the legs fold parallel with the
top so the whole lot can live in the rafters between times.
See sawhorse1.jpg, sawhorse2.jpg and sawhorse.txt in the
http://www.metalworking.com dropbox.
Geoff

Our motto: A job worth doing is worth overdoing.

Errol Groff

Back in the Nam era, when I did a brief stint in charge of a precision
jobbing machine shop making parts for defense contractors, we figured
that the motto of GE's incoming inspection department must have been:

"Todays's rejections are tomorrow's jobs."

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

James Waldby

Jeff Wisnia wrote:
Errol Groff wrote:
... geoff m ... wrote:
A wee project for the weekend was makign some sawhorses. The builders
left some wooden ones behind 5 years ago, and they are finally
expiring. they also take a lot of room when you don't need them. I
made a pair with folding legs, where the legs fold parallel with the
top so the whole lot can live in the rafters between times. See

[ http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/sawhorse1.JPG and sawhorse2.jpg and
sawhorse.txt] ...
Our motto: A job worth doing is worth overdoing.

Back in the Nam era, when I did a brief stint in charge of a precision
jobbing machine shop making parts for defense contractors, we figured
that the motto of GE's incoming inspection department must have been:

"Todays's rejections are tomorrow's jobs."

From a weapons contractor stuck with a bad design and high rework rate:
"We test quality into the product!"
-jiw